Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 111 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Not getting it:
    1-u put a car cover at the gym?
    2-it made ur day that a young guy actually could tell you have a TR , is that what you are saying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddrewesusa and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    1 - Yes, I use a cover whenever I'm parked outside for a couple of hours or more (to minimize the cumulative UV damage, and it gives an amazing amount of security/camouflage). Mine is a dry-weather daily-driver that I would always drive to work (when I was working).

2 - His enthusiasm (at that age) and his just knowing it was a TR made me smile (you'd be amazed at how many people have no idea what it is, think it's something else, or say "wow, Magnum" ;)).

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    A car cover on a car that has not been thoroughly cleaned? Oh my...

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Be my guest -- park your car outside in the sun whenever you want ;). The cover basically decomposes in about 5 years use from the UV.

V4NG0 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    My Lusso is my winter daily. It lives outside. It's a car...

russellmcg, nicholasn, jkddad and 2 others like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I put the sunshade on the FF. Never let the 355 or Testarossa out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F2003-GA and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  7. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    Ha, that's funny. I've had the opposite happen. Was driving my nondescript daily driver and saw a friend of mine driving his 275 coming the opposite direction. I waved at him and he did the half hearted "wave at a guy that thinks my car is cool" wave. I texted him later and gave him a hard time for not waving at his friends. Doubly fun because he always gives me a hard time when he drives by in his daily driver and I don't wave because I didn't notice him.

wax, G. Pepper, Julia and 2 others like this.
  8. Gary Sandberg

Gary Sandberg Formula Junior

I was gassing up the TR and the fellow at the pump across from me asked if was a Fiero kit or the real deal.

I was so tempted to say it was a Fiero kit but as he was so earnest in his query, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. :D

So, I popped the rear hatch so he could see the real deal.

We had a brief chat and when I pulled away, the smile on his face at the sound of those 12 cylinders, as one car guy to another, I knew that I had made his day.

9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Great story, Gary. Winning converts to the Church of Enzo, one at a time!
    T

russellmcg and Gary Sandberg like this.
  10. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    “When did you get the Mustang”
    My neighbors when they were walking by

11. HtownFcar

HtownFcar Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Houston,TX
    Full Name:
    CCO
    I think you need to move from wherever you are :)

12. Doc_Dent

Doc_Dent Karting

Mar 2, 2015
    #2762 Doc_Dent, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    Driving in my F12 makes some heads turn.
    But driving my 575 generates a lot thumbs ups and comments of appreciation and impress.(not all from older generations BTW).
    I guess when Ferraris hit a certain age, and become semi-classics or classics, they tend to have a different reaction character from PPL arround!

My 7 years old kid mostly chooses the F12 (if I gave him the choice ofcourse :)) to join me in a drive, but they are the new Gen and thier digital modern preferences ofcourse:cool:,,,

Gary Sandberg and tomc like this.
  13. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Cmon, I've overheard many people comment the same thing at Houston car events over the years.....

14. Leg

Leg Rookie

Apr 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Richard Anderson
    Couple from me...

I once put my Speciale in a car display at a downhill soapbox event that a friend of a friend had organised in our local city centre. I went off to watch the event with my wife and 2 (teenage) sons and when I got back there were a few families leaning on the barriers looking at the cars on display.

I went and leaned on the barrier next to one lad and his Dad and engaged the young lad (maybe 5 or 6) in conversation.

"Which one do you like the best?"
    "That white Ferrari, it's cool"
    "Oh, me too. Shall we go and have a closer look at it"

As I climbed over the barrier I gave his Dad a 'play along' look. His Dad lifted him over the barrier.

"I've heard these cars unlock if you clap your hands really, really loud"
    Kid proceeds to clap
    "Nah, louder than that"

Claps even harder. Hand in pocket on the key I unlock the car. I thought the kid was gonna pass out he was that excited. I let him sit in it and took pics for him on his Dad's phone.

Good fun. Well, it was until a queue formed and I ended up with a steady procession of kids wanting photos in the car. Oh well. They are for sharing after all.

A less positive event was when I let another kid sit in it on another occasion and his Mum said, "You'll never have one of these" to him. I told him squarely he absolutely could have one of these if he took his opportunities and worked hard enough. Lost on him at his age but really I was speaking to his Mum.

squirly26, jc1, iMrMark and 13 others like this.
  15. HtownFcar

HtownFcar Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Houston,TX
    Full Name:
    CCO
    I was just pulling his leg; many people are not that educated when it comes to niche brands, or even cars in general.

16. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    OK, you Ferrari guys are so serious usually...

17. HtownFcar

HtownFcar Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Houston,TX
    Full Name:
    CCO
    Ha, but I'm not an owner yet. I do have a Hummer H1 and Alpina B6; just sold my track covette. Not sure what that makes me- a hyrbid ?

G. Pepper likes this.
  18. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have a post in this thread from maybe 5 or 6 years ago where the same thing happened to me except it was the father ("I hope you enjoyed it, that's the last time you'll sit in a Ferrari"). When I got home I told my wife (school psychologist for 30+ years) about it and said the father must have crushed that kid. She said not necessarily. She said some kids take that as a challenge and will work as hard as they have to in order to get that car.

The really interesting follow up is a couple years after that there is a post in this thread where someone said he was that kid, not literally but that the same thing happened to him. He didn't have his Ferrari yet, but as I recall I think he bought his house and he's saving his money. Maybe he'll see this and post an update.

And going back to what my wife told me, I thought I hope if that kid gets a Ferrari he lets his dad sit in it and then tell him, "I hope you enjoyed it, that's the last time you'll sit in a Ferrari"! :D

19. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I'm not an owner either (after 15 years here).....hope you get one soon.

20. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    There are people who have been on f-chat since the early 2000's who still don't have a Ferrari. :)

wax likes this.
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Sad.

22. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Having had bad neighbors in a previous house, I'd take our current neighbors despite their low auto-IQ. It took them a year to figure out my wife's Mars red Mercedes SLK and my Guards Red 911 were two different cars. For the California, they congratulated me on my new Corvette. But, otherwise, they're awesome neighbors...T

23. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #2773 mello, Dec 9, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    Not funny, but inspiring to a kid. I was at a Shell station filling up. A mother walks by and ask if her 10 year old son can take a picture standing next to my 360 Spider. I said, "sure, call him over." He came by and I open the driver door and tell him to get in. She was snapping away with a big smile on the kid's face. I have a Ferrari lapel pin in the ash tray and gave it to him as a souvenir saying, "stay in school and you'll have one in no time." I think I made his day.

squirly26, stavura, mmyhorses and 4 others like this.
  24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Ferrari may be an exotic marque, but it is not niche. It is widely known and the yellow badge is one of the most recognizable of them all.

More often than not, the Mustang comment is a jab. It's a way for those sorry plonkers who's lives have not turned out like they wanted, to try and make them feel better by making you feel worse.

Are there the odd guy who might actually think Mustang? Possibly, but the majority knows the Ferrari emblem.

mello likes this.
  25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Now that's funny. And if mistake a cream Cali for a Corvette? Good god man, then all bets are off:D