Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LOL...Eric, this is too funny.

I've heard "Is it real?" a few times. Also, a woman asked me if the doors go up, and I explained to her that Lambo doors are the ones that go up.

2. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    A guy pulled up next to me at a gas station ventured the unsolicited opinion that I had paid $200K for my 330 2+2... he was surprised when I told him that it cost about half of what he paid for his big new SUV.

3. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    A repost from a similar thread:

While at the MB dealership looking at an E63, a salesman shouts comes into the showroom and shouts,"Who's Acura is that in the parking lot?" The 3 customers in the showroom including me ignore him because none of us own an Acura outside. He then comes straight up to me and says, "Isn't that your red Acura outside in the parking lot?" It takes me a second to figure out that he must be talking about my car. I parked a Rosso Corsa F355 Berlinetta in the lot. The other salesman in the dealership bust the nitwits chops by saying,
    "That's a Ferrari you idiot!" He then tries to recover by saying to me, " "Oh yeah, that's a beautiful Magnum PI ferrari." I lost a lot of respect for that guy. First of all, he must have seen me get out of my car in the first place, but he tried to play off some small talk to break the ice (so used car salesman). Secondly, I have nothing against Acuras, but a salesman should know his cars, especially if he is trying to suck up to me and sell me one.

4. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    While sitting at a traffic light waiting, a car with 2 college age girls siitting in the lane next to me I hear. "Pretty Horsey" :)

Patricia2020 and Gary Sandberg like this.
  5. Latsyrc

Latsyrc F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2008
    Utah, USA
    Full Name:
    Travis
    No Ferrari here, but when wearing my prancing horse hat, somebody asked if I liked FCars. I told them no, but I'm really into horses!

Patricia2020 likes this.
  6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I gave a guya lift to his wedding recently from a beautiful hotel in Bath, and while I was outside waiting with the 612, a group of almost a dozen ladies on a spa weekend/hen weekend/girls on tour jobby (aged 25-40 I would guess) walked past, and one of em said to me quite loudly - 'sexy car, I would have sex on that bonnet' (hood in the US), quick as a flash I grabbed the lapels of my jacket and feigned taking it off, saying, 'lets go!!!' Cue loads of giggling and red faces for the ladies!!

Awesome effect our cars have (the girl did give me her number, but I have a strict under-25 rule these days, and I would guess she was closer to 40, although good for her age!)

7. JDZNate

JDZNate Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Nate
    A while ago I was filling up at the pump and a guy pulled up in his red 308. I asked him, "Does Higgin's know you have the car." He got a good laugh at it.

8. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Moms are always forgiven. BTW the horse on a Mustang is in the running position.

9. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    A while back, me and my dad went to a dealer to check out a 996TT. When we pulled up, in out smurf blue mini van, my dad dressed up in his work clothes. Me in a beat up sleeveless shirt, gym shorts and flip flops. The salesmen comes up,

Salesmen: "Hey, thats..thats a Turbo right?"

Dad: "really? Are you seriously asking US that?"

Salesmen: "Well, yeah. Is the engine in the front or the rear?"

Me: "Dude, come on. Next thing you know, were going to be sell him the car. Let's go."

10. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And your response should have been "and the driver is hung like one" :p

11. tr0768

tr0768 Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2008
    maltby wa
    Full Name:
    Howard Musolf
    Recently my wife was driving her 400i Cabriolet on a sunny day and we had stopped for lunch. While eating our lunch a young guy was drving back and forth behind her 400i. When we finsihed lunch and got into her car, the young man yells out, "Thats the coolest Camero I've ever seen". I smiled and thanked him for the compliment.......................

Howard and Candy Musolf
    1981 308gtsi
    1982 400i Cabriolet
    Maserati Spider
    2 many brass era cars.

russellmcg likes this.
  12. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Bwahahaha :p

13. CaptOharry

CaptOharry Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2009
    Green Cove Spgs FL
    Full Name:
    Harry Welch
    Today I had one of them knowit all car guys at our local car show,He comes up to me and says ive never seen a Testarossa before,I said you still have'nt its a 308 he looks at me dumbfounded and says are you sure? I just smiled and walked away and said enjoy the show.

14. carguy98

carguy98 Formula 3

Apr 27, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Grant
    LOL! :D

--Grant

15. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    "Well you've got to admit it's a waste to have a car like that around here since we don't have any good roads for it."

16. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That is true.

Not that it's a waste of money, but, there are NO good roads in FL.

17. fgcfire8

fgcfire8 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2008
    Montpelier Va
    Full Name:
    Frank Castelvecchi
    That has to be a fake, Ferrari never built a car with a back seat.

18. Jamie H

Jamie H Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 28, 2009
    Puslinch,ON
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    while filling up our 365gt 2 + 2 at a local station, a mid - 30's guy at the next pump says " I didn't know that the 240z came with a back seat". My reply was that it was a rare option.

19. ztunelover

ztunelover Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2009
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    Krish
    I had a catastrophic brain fart at the local cars and coffee where I pronounced a 512bb to be a modded 308. Yes I did slap myself for my retarded comment.

20. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    You needed more coffee passing through your mouth before you let words pass out!

21. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    Yesterday I was explaining to a neighbor that my Ferrari was originally owned by Evander Holyfield. His response, "so that means you can fight?" :D

22. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    +1!

:D

23. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    I've never had a vanity license plate on any of my Ferraris, but my fair-weather daily driver, a red Miata, bears "ENZO4RE", and the tag elicits a lot of comments. One guy in my parking garage at the office pondered the tag briefly, decided it was very clever, and then told me that he really liked my Ferrari (the Miata) and hoped to get one some day after he sold his current "sports car"- a Chevrolet Monte Carlo. I guess if Ferraris become as common (and affordable- talk about deflation!) as the Miata he mistook for one, his dream isn't too unrealistic.

24. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    I've been asked if my 308:

... is a Mustang;

... is a Karmann-Ghia; (this by a Ford salesman!)

. . . is a DeLorean (on at least 3 occassions!);

. . . is a Lamborghini;

. . . is "the Dino or the Boxer?"

But the funniest might have been the hip-hop speaker who told me very loudly at a gas station:

"Maaaaan, yore caaaaaaaaar is... a . . . ******* WAGON!"

I said, "I beg your pardon?"

"Yaaaay, bay...bee... you get aaaaawwwwl the ******* drivin' taaat!"

So, uh. . . I guess "*******" refers to what I get, and not to what I am.

25. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason

What's *******?