Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Well, the Auto-Censor kicked in. I had typed it with the letters/$ signs all together, but let's see if this slips through:

P U $ $ Y

2. Scuderia NoVA

Scuderia NoVA Formula Junior
    Owner

Nov 25, 2004
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    I overheard someone say that about my car once also. It must be because our cars aren't red and therefore *couldn't possibly* be Ferraris. :D

3. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Thats got to be the best Ferrari story I have ever heard.

4. chas-3

chas-3 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    At a gas station filling up, guy waiting in line behind me says "Nice Corvette". I say, "Its an '83 Ferrari". He says, "Oh sorry". I say, "That's ok the Corvette is at home in the garage"

Kid walking buy in a Parking lot, "Nice Ferrari, is it new?" I say, "Its an '83 308 GTS". Kid says, "Damn!! That's not new!?"

Two business guys walking around the 308 in a parking lot. I walk up. One guy asks, "What did you pay for that? About $80K?" I say, "You would be amazed". Hop in the car and drive off.

5. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    "You'd be amazed." Great line, I'll have to remember to use that.

East Indian fellow who works at the gas station I frequent asserted that he knew exactly how much my car was worth: $500k. Then he practically begged me to tell him if his answer was accurate.

All I would tell him was, "It was kind of a lot." Drove him crazy wanting to know.

It's fun having a 308: Everyone thinks my car goes 200 mph and cost at least 200k.

6. k12dad

k12dad Rookie

Jul 24, 2007
    the first day the 430 was home from the delivery the local kids were in the driveway ogling the thing when the garbagemen came up, dropped jaws, came running up and said, "wow, that is the coolest Mustang ever!" ever since, perspective enhanced...........

7. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Fellow employee at the office "that is an unusual VOLVO...didn't know they built a sport version of the 240" when I drove a '64 330GT 2+2 to the office one day.

8. Sandoval

Sandoval Karting

Jan 25, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Not a Ferrari but almost 10 years ago I had an 01 Carrera I was getting gas at a station in Laguna Beach a homeless guy came up to me... First thought he is about to ask me for change. Nope he asked what kind of car I had and how beautiful it was... mind you these cars were a dime a dozen in OC. However the aero kit and black Techart wheels on the car must have done it for him. Anyway he pulled out a pen and paper out of his backpack and asked if I would write down what is was... because when he gets back on his feat he was going to get one too. I thought it was funny.

9. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Perhaps by now he has one. Maybe all he needed was the right motivation, and you provided it for him.

Lunch Bag and imahorse like this.
  10. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Parent of a guy on my son's soccer team, who was born and brought up in Italy (Napoli), came over to my car one day absolutely trembling and drooling. He then told his son and anyone who would listen, and even those who trying not to, to not touch the paint. He explained further that the paint on Ferraris is very, very special. The reason it looks so good is that Ferrari uses 250+ coats of paint, each one hand-rubbed, and it takes about 3 months to paint one car at the factory.

Mike

Way2fast likes this.
  11. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Wish it were so.

12. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    #62 Bradley, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I don't know where he got the "240," but I have been told that the 330 resembles a Volvo 1800. (Personally I don't see that much resemblance!)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i have genuinely had the mustang comment as well. i always thought that this could not really happen since the ferrari script is rather obvious, but it does.

i have had girls at a stoplight write their numbers on a sticky pad and post it on the windshield - wife did not appreciate that.

the other day somebody at the office asked if my 456mgt was new - i did appreciate that.

and to the questions about how much any of them cost, my standard answer is "you dont even want to know !" which allows their fantasies to really run wild.

14. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Just had an older crowd next to the 430 saying, "wow that has to be the new Mustang, very pretty".

15. Doug_S

Doug_S Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    A truck pulled up to me at a stop light. He leaned over and said "I'd race you but I have a fish bowl on the passenger seat."

16. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Did you think to ask her/him what cocktail of illicit recreational products they
    had imdibed that day/evening,and/or were they prescribed by a reputable
    person.

Interestingly(for some) I have an example of each, the 1800 not 244, in my bulgeing at the seams shed.
    Though my 1800 is rally preped there is NO WAY!!! that the performance goes within
    cooee of the 330.

.02c
    Simon

17. fingolfin

fingolfin Formula 3

Apr 23, 2007
    "... and the spark plugs are made from moon metals weighing less than air, the carbon fiber is woven by the hands of Roman virgins, and it revs to 25,000 rpm."

I'm not an owner, but I've heard that kind of crap before.

18. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    The one I like is the silent burglar alarm that automatically dials the owner's cell phone number, as well as 911, if anyone attempts to steal or damage the car. It also has GPS tracking so that law enforcement can pinpoint its location anywhere in the world.

Yes, I overheard someone saying that about my 308. My 1982 308!

Not a bad idea, actually. Like the 250 coats of hand-rubbed paint, I wouldn't mind if my car did have something like that as standard equipment!

daytona355 likes this.
  19. fingolfin

fingolfin Formula 3

Apr 23, 2007
    Haha, yeah. Except 250 coats of paint would probably weigh quite a bit.

20. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    Truth.

And now that I think about it, I'm not so sure that I do want Law Enforcement to be able to pinpoint my exact location at any given time. . . some of them might be smart enough to extrapolate my speed!

daytona355 likes this.
  21. fingolfin

fingolfin Formula 3

Apr 23, 2007
    No joke. I had one extrapolate my speed with a radar gun just this morning. I'd prefer they can't do it at all times.

22. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Funny....the Volvo is better looking!

23. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    For the "Stupidest" category ---

"Do you like it?"

Get asked that one a lot --- what's not to like?!

24. Eldo In The Weeds

Mar 20, 2008
    If it makes you all feel better, I drive a red mustang with tan seats and nobody ever asks if it is a Ferrari.

25. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    From the looks of those headlights I'd have thought it was a Peugeot.