Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scubamike

scubamike Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    In the south
    I bought another sports car and was heading out to the tax office to pay the property tax and my girlfriend says to me...."hope it goes OK at the tax office". I reply, it's only money and you can't take it with you when you die, and it's only good for sports cars and girlfriends.... and she replies pointedly ..."girlfriend" !

2. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    One time I replied it was the radio system and the exhaust the speakers.

3. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I was stopped in traffic in front of a karate studio in my 328. There were two guys sitting outside that I could hear talking. One of them pointed out the car and asked what it was and the other guy confidently answered that is was a Testarossa. If that wasn't enough, the same guy continues his conversation by saying "That's why I take karate. So I can kick guys like thats a$$es."

4. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I was a black belt at 17, old school stuff, not the type of schools of today. I wish I was in your position on that day.

5. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    The guy was just a schmuck and didn't seem like a real threat. He just seemed like a typical idiot who liked to talk to sound tough, but just made himself look like an ass. It was so unexpected I actually started laughing and yelled over to him - "Hey, WTF did I do?" But, traffic started moving before I got an answer.

6. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I thought you meant in a parking lot like those open malls with the local a martial arts place. Nothing worst than some punk talking smack, they can be funny too, lol.

7. JayO

JayO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    No, this was "Main St." in the town I was living in at the time. A two lane road lined with store fronts and a couple couple traffic lights.

8. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    At a busy gas station, a nosey non car guy asked briskly "Hey, what kind of work do you do to afford a car like that"?

I just didn't appreciate his approach, told him, I worked for the IRS. He quickly got in his car and drove away.

Supernaut likes this.
  9. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK

Excellent answer!

10. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Excellent indeed! If you don't mind I'll use it when required.

11. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If someone ever asks me that question, I will respond "I kill people who ask me what I do for a living so nobody finds out what I do for a living" :D

12. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    LMAO!! That was good

Amen. Comes with the territory :)

13. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley

I generally tell people who ask that I am a political assassin. It's less controversial than what I really do.

14. Skipper

Skipper Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2006
    Full Name:
    Frank Drebin
    a little old lady says ...is dat da der da new mustang. i said why yes it is. its the 2012.... its not out yet but i have some connections.

15. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    "Aren't you a little YOUNG to be driving a Ferrari?"

Que? Is there a legal age limit for owning a Ferrari?

16. Carbonero

Carbonero Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2009
    Troll Free Zone
    Full Name:
    Bill
    To purge oneself of selfish and evil thoughts, Right?

A bright red Fiero showed up at a C&C some time back. I overheard the owner tell onlookers it was really a Ferrari with a replica Fiero body. LOL

17. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    All I know right now is that I ate the best burgers at El Carbonero ages ago.

18. Carbonero

Carbonero Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2009
    Troll Free Zone
    Full Name:
    Bill
  19. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Not a Ferrari, but I was driving the McLaren F1 one evening and a kid in a Porsche that had been trying to dog me followed me back and got out and asked me what I did to "that NSX to make it so fast"... Laughed my b*tt off......So did his buddy....

20. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Nice pic, and interesting how I never forgot a Vietnam veteran with a prosthetic arm that I saw eating there a few times.

21. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    :D wow, he really had no idea did he. Do you still have the Macca?

22. pearsonhaus

pearsonhaus Formula 3

Jul 2, 2008
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    I probably posted this somewhere in a similar thread, but:

In Bowling Green, Ohio, my wife and I exited the freeway one evening in the 308 to run directly into a sobriety checkpoint. All lanes closed, bunch of officers and their cars, no one gets through. The cop who talked to us was pretty cool. Two comments were memorable:

As he crouched down to talk to us, he said, "You're hurting my knees to make me get down this low!"

And better, at the end, "Okay, the statute of limitations is over; Now, tell me, what have you had this thing up to?" :D

I pointed at my 1980 GTBi's stock 85mph speedometer whose last printed number is 80 and said, "Eighty miles per hour!" :p

24. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur
    The cop has a great sense of humor...as well as you too by "pleading the 5th". :)

25. hotsauce

hotsauce Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2011
    around
    Couldn't agree more, people need to mind their own business.