Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 81 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Love your mpg quote !! I'm going to use that too as often asked ! 😁

2. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill

Enjoy ! You will have many years of ( almost exclusively ) v positive reactions punctuated by the occasional pea-brained ****** !

3. DocRogers

DocRogers Karting

Oct 11, 2015
    Maine
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Guy came by to pick up a motorcycle last weekend, looked around the garage at the various motos and cars, gestures to the (covered) Ferrari, "so what's under the cover?" Me: "That's an italian Camaro." Him (registering disappointment) "oh".

Some people just don't get a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    I was taking a young kid for a ride in my California T. He thinks it is pretty cool. He was waving at someone next to us. I asked who are you waving at? He responded, "I don't know, but they're taking our picture".

5. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    That's cool! I have not had any negative comments at all, just people loving on the car.

6. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    So many classic American muscle cars have been sent to Europe, that he may have thought it really was a Camaro coming back from Italy. ;)

7. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I was at a red light and a young couple stopped next to me. The guy asks, "What are you compensating for?". I said, "My thick, fat wallet." I then tilt my head to get a better look at the blonde and said, "You can do better." She laugh and asks if I'm single.

8. RossoNero

RossoNero Karting

Sep 7, 2012
    JHB, South Africa
    Full Name:
    Henry
    It's sad that in many cases F cars are viewed as some kind of exercise in ego, rather than what they really are - a celebration of automotive passion.

This is one aspect of F-car ownership I don't enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hahaha, bet the numpty felt two inches tall, and the girl got a buzz out of putting him in his place. Why do people feel so threatened they have to be nasty all the time?

10. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Your mistake is answering his question. You should have ignored him. On top of that you fed the Ferrari stereotype of arrogance with your response.

11. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    Well, he wasn't being arrogant to someone who was trying to be nice, at least. :)

12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Nah, it's more fun to wind the idiots up, give them what they want but make them look dumb..... works for me

13. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    *Very* nicely played!

14. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    No, his response to jealousy was perfect.

15. DaveNZ

DaveNZ Rookie

Mar 19, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Dave Lochead
    "No son, its not a real Ferrari, they are supposed to be red"

Clearly doesn't know that bare unpainted aluminium isn't a factory paint finish.

In fairness he was half right, there is very little original in the car, so it isn't real.

16. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    Driving my Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet with the top down, I get all kinds of looks from guys, but not so much from women. Some guy in a Jeep pulled up to me and took pictures with his iPhone.

I drive my 308 GTS QV to parties where it sits next to new MBZs that are actually much more expensive. But the kids all want to sit in the 308, and they love it when I take them for a drive and have them shift gears.

17. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Awesome quick and witty response ! Look at it as banter from a stranger, and
    respond with a better "banter", well played !

18. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    There's more to the story. Prior to the incident, he was tailgating me on the freeway for about 2 miles. Got off the same exit as I. He continue to tailgate me on a long stretch of the boulevard until he changed lane to be next to me on the next red light.

To her question about whether I'm single or not, I started to say "No, but you've made my day by asking...", but the lights turned green and he peeled off and blew a yellow at the next light. They were in a Charger SRT and I didn't realize that it's a new car until I saw the rear paper plate.

This left me wondering what trigger this guy? Maybe he bought a new car and his girlfriend was drooling over my Ferrari on the freeway, and he got jealous perhaps?

19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I'm guessing that's it...... butt hurt over his new car being overshadowed by a ferrari. I'm guessing he thought he'd have a few days of being the dogs bollocks in his new SRT, and you ruined that for him! Hehehe, he should've been more classy about it

20. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    Single or not?
    "We can arrange that"

21. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    I have been doing a lot of remodeling work at my home and a few of the workmen have asked "What is under the red car covers?"

Now, you have to picture my garage: Large Ferrari banners, signs, clocks, and historical photos all over the walls and they cannot guess what is under the cover.

Corvette? No. Camaro? No. It goes on............

I say "Just look around the walls and guess again."

It must be a Mustang? Yes, I tell them, just to stop the foolishness.

The other car is a Jag, but we never get that far.

Lol!
    Alden

22. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    "My thick, fat wallet" doesn't come across as being arrogant?

23. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    He only recently completed the paperwork on his very own second tier compensation-mobile and yet he had the nerve to chase down a total stranger to ask what *he* was compensating for. Something tells me that classy is not a common operating mode for that particular Dodge driver. ;)

24. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    The psychological term is "projection"!! lol

25. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013