Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 86 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Was at a car show. Husband and wife came by to check out the Cali. Loved the ivory and chocolate combo. They said they really wanted a Cali, but the kids were off to college soon. Wife asked to sit behind seat and get a pic. Husband took a pic, and then texted it to their kids with the message "Enjoy community college!" Hilarious.
    T

2. Automoblog

Automoblog Karting

Jun 21, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Gino
    I've read this thread the whole way through over the course of three days and have loved it the entire way. I'll have some stories for you all some day soon! :)

3. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Another 'is that a Mustang', with a twist

Motorcycle pulls up next me going slow through our neighborhood. Rider was a lady on a big low-ride Harley. She asks "is that a Shelby?". Me, "No, its a Ferrari". She, "Oh, there is a Mustang on the back". As she pulls away I notice the handicapped license plate on the bike. Guess that explains it.

4. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    My best was while filling up at a Shell gas station in my 458, some guy asked me whether it was the new Mustang.

5. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    This made me chuckle. Sounds like something I would do to my kids....

6. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Some gal in Aspen asked me what kind of mileage l get on my 458 spider. That's all she asked so l assumed she was a tree hugger.

My reply: l really don't know and l couldn't care less.

7. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    When people ask me this, I tell them "...the least amount possible. I try to see how fast I have to fill it up again." Most will laugh or chuckle and it seems they are satisfied with the answer.

nicholasn and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  8. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    Gave a ride to this guy in my Modena, and he asked me if it's a convertible. Gosh, they sure know how to hide the retractable roof lines/joints on my car! :D

9. horsingaround

horsingaround Rookie

Nov 19, 2015
    Western NC
    Full Name:
    Drew Brannon
    Two for the price of one. At a gas station, I pull up to the pump and there’s a truck with 3 or 4 contractors there filling up on gas and twinkies, one of them looks over and yells “Hey! You shaved!!!” ... I never was one for mustaches :cool:

A few minutes later as I was finishing my fill up, a young (say 30 yr old) contractor doing work on one of the pumps stops what he is doing to come over and talk to me about my 328

“My buddy has a Camaro that pushes 1,000 horsepower. Want to call him and you can race?”

Me: “thanks, but these are two different kinds of cars.”

I will say he went on to make several other interesting comments showing he knows plenty about cars and building them. He just cared more about BHP than I do :)

But that’s what we love about these cars right? We are always entertained when we drive them - even when we have to get out along the way!!

10. tikitiki

tikitiki Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2014
    Windermere, Fl
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Walked out of a restaurant and a guy walked up and asked me how it drove. I told him it was slow to accelerate, breaks like crap and it can't handle a corner to save its life. He replied " really?" I said hell no it's a GD Ferrari. And we laughed and laughed. Well mostly I did.

daytona355 and tomc like this.
  11. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    #2136 Sky Hye, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    So his happened yesterday when I pulled over to check out the engine bay. Left a microfiber towel and it got melted on the headers and then shot out the scuderia exhaust and melted there. (Long story)

Some trash bag in a Kia stands out and proceeds to yell:

HEY MY UBER IS HERE!

I ignore him

ARE YOU MY UBER?

I ignore him yet as I’m looking in the engine bay. Next thing I know he’s beside me. Very trashy looking character, mostly by how he was talking to me but I was trying to be polite and silent. With awkward smiles. He then asks me

“that’s a V12?”

I politely said no it’s a V8, he proclaims OH.

“Watcha pay for a thing like that”

I’d prefer not to say.

“Oh I guess inquiring minds have to wonder. If you have to ask you can’t afford it yea yea, EXCUUUSE ME”

At this point I’m getting frustrated. I’m dealing with melted nylon all over the passenger exhaust and headers. He looks and says

“Oh man are those the rings”

I chuckle and tell him no it’s plastic.

“What’s the fastest you’ve gotten that thing”

I’d rather not tell

“Don’t worry I’m not ‘La Migra’ Man”

Now I’m getting very offended. If you don’t know what la migra is, they’re the immigration police. Here in SoCal it’s used as a threat to undocumented workers. Not only am I not undocumented, I’m not even close to being Hispanic and I have a lot of Hispanic friends and family. I have nothing against any person so long as they’re honest hard working and a good person, undocumented or citizen or anything.

At this point I’m getting ready to punch him in his dumb mouth but I resist, I don’t want to cause a scene. He tells me about some Bull**** road by the 15 freeway where I could open her up. I tell him I prefer canyons to which he scoffs and says those suck you can’t do anything there but drive off the edge. I roll my eyes and say F it and get in the car, as the great Carlin said “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience” .

As it’s warming up he’s still blabbing and I tune him out and ignore him. A pair of skateboarders teens walk up and smile politely ask if they can film my car. ********* says “oh yea I wanna do that too” and points his camera at my face. I head out with the obligatory hard rev in neutral right by his ears and as I pull off I hear ********* yell “HEY DON’T DIE! HAHAHAHA” I chuckle to myself and drive off. This one takes the cake...

Sorry for the long post. I have a few less interesting if you guys are interested.

12. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I heard rumbling noises as I was driving back home. I step out and look around, found that the F/R tire is low on air. I decided not to take a chance in ruining the tire so I call for a tow truck, hoping to put some air in and drives it back home which is about 15 miles away. A young, attractive woman drove by and ask if I need help. I ask, "what kind of help?" somewhat jokingly. She respond, "I can keep you company." One of many joys in owning a Ferrari. :)

Aedo, Nativetroy, tomc and 1 other person like this.
  13. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    I hope you took her up on that offer? It can get lonely waiting on those tow trucks

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I'd have been all over that, u lucky devil...

15. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I had one encounter like that when I was driving my 599 back in 2007 with all windows down.
    At a stop light in Chicago's not the nicest neighborhoods, a Black woman that looked to be in her late 50s or maybe 20s with heavy meth use, ran to me and blurted:
    I would blow you for only 10 bucks.
    Politely declined....

16. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    "Do you even get that out of 1st gear?"

Sent from my 16M

17. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    You might have responded "about the same as a dozen Prius's"

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Exactly this. Living well is the best revenge...T

19. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Dude it’s not the car, it must be the driver. When I drive I only seem to attract middle aged men, adolescent boys, and cops!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Most endearing moment: Took the wife for a ride when I first got the car, and she brought her Beagle puppy (who LOVES car rides) on her lap. I stopped for gas, and the credit card reader at the pump was broken, so I went inside to pay. When I came back out, the wife says, "Honey, you just missed the cutest thing; a bunch of high school guys came over to take pictures of Daisy!"

Aedo, tomc, sltillim and 2 others like this.
  21. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    In the Peoples Republic of Aspen, hybrids park free. Fees are: $2 the first hour, $3 the second hour, and $4 for the third and fourth hours each. After four hours your vehicle will be towed...at YOUR expense of course. Please note: parking fees pay for the FREE bus and shuttle services.

22. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Yep, that's exactly right. In my experience, Ferraris don't attract women, they attract guys who want to talk about Ferraris - most of whom don't know the first thing about them.

23. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I find that it attracts both.

24. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    In my rearview mirror, I see a Toyota zig-zagging through traffic. I stop at an intersection and it comes screeching up on my left. Two good looking thirty-somethings in side. Passenger rolls down her window and says "Hi!", notices my ring and without missing a beat turns to her girlfriend and says; "oh forget it, he's married." Rolls her window up and off they sped.

Aedo likes this.
  25. Admiral Goodwrench

Admiral Goodwrench Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Robert Phillips
    Dear Dave,

Lucky for you!

Best regards,

Robert