Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 91 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Steve, I received your PM. For the record, I live in Canada, not Europe.

2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I wasn't sure I'd offended you. the other guy, maybe...

back on topic.

My favorite gas station is out in the boonies, west of where I live. I get a LOT of very strange looks, and "Holy cow, (but not the word cow), that's a FERRARI." it's my favorite gas station because they sell higher octane ethanol free.

sjd

3. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nope, didn't offend me...no offense taken.

steved033 likes this.
  4. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Was my response somehow unclear?
    Wow. Note to self- shorter words, fewer sentences. :rolleyes:

5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I had my 456M for 5.5 years. I put it in the driveway to detail it all the time. It was Rosso Corsa and tan Daytona, so not subtle at all. In all those years, maybe a half dozen people stopped to talk about it, which I enjoy. I've had the yellow/tan 360 home only since the day after Christmas. Already two people have stopped, and I get a LOT more looks when I'm driving it around. A new neighbor's son even ran over with his phone - he looks to be about nine - and took some photos. Freaked out at the engine compartment when I opened it up for him. This car is, for some reason, much more of a magnet for attention than the V12.

I imagine I'll have more to add to this thread in the coming months and years. :)

Mechanical Dad and steved033 like this.
  6. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I had to have the 348 towed in because the clutch was a bit noisy (I bought it that way, it was day 1 of ownership). Easy fix, and even did the needed flywheel maintenance and triple seals. The next door neighbor was leaving for the lake, but a couple days later saw me out mowing... "Steve, was that....a FERRARI??" so I decided to mess with him a bit. "I'm not sure what you're talking about..."

He was so mad when he figured out I was just messing with him.

sjd

G. Pepper likes this.
  7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Agree, starting not to want to even visit this thread any more if this idiotic banter keeps up.

8. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    I agree. My go to answers are

How much did it cost? I ask if they mean new. If yes then I quote a new 360 price. They usually say no, what did you pay, I just say I bought it new and the conversation ends there.

Next time I want to try something like “8 grand from an estate sale.”

Want to trade? “Sure but you get the car payment” (none really), “and the maintenance bills” (I do it all myself and it’s been reasonable). It’s then that people withdraw the request. “No thanks”

What’s the MPG? “IDK, but I usually have a gasoline tanker truck following me just in case”

I’ve gotten this one : You don’t see that every day, I reply “I do”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

velocegiallo and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  9. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    In 1990 my father drove his ‘85 308 to visit me at college one weekend. He let me take some of my friends for rides and I had to refill the tank. So I’m getting gas in Salamanca, NY and this guy asks, “ Is that one of them new sleaths?” I said, “No, it’s a Ferrari.” He replied, “ Oh, I thought it was a sleath.” So I’m driving back towards school wondering what the heck a sleath is and my buddy just starts laughing because he figured out the guy thought it was a Dodge Stealth.

nicholasn and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  10. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    Twice I have been asked if my 360 Spider was a Mustang. ( It is dark blue and has a horse on the back ) Better question was when my boss asked "what kind of engine is that" and I replied "400 hp 3.6L or 219ci V8". He then asked if Chevrolet made the engine. He is a Corvette enthusiast.

11. waterking

waterking Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 15, 2011
    Texas
    Best I ever got: Other then the dead bug on the windshield that car is perfect.
    Most aggressive I ever got: You got my woman, you got my car...what else have you stolen from me?
    Cutest I ever got: Little 4 year old boy runs up to the car while I am filling up screaming "Mom...it's a Furry...it's a Furry...oh my gosh...it's a Furry.
    Dumbest I ever got: I traded one of those in on my new F150.

12. Mechanical Dad

Mechanical Dad Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    #2262 Mechanical Dad, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Had a couple over to the house last week and the guy kept looking at the Car (it was covered) and he says, "dude you got a corvette? I thought you were into Ferrari's? " so I pulled up the cover a little . "Oh my gosh, yeah that's not a vette!"

Chris_gon and daytona355 like this.
  13. dang2407

dang2407 Karting

Apr 29, 2017
    SW France
    I'm in my 360, in 2 lane traffic and the woman in the car next to me shouts, "Hey I bet I can drive that car better than you!"
    True story...

Chris_gon, G. Pepper and daytona355 like this.
  14. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's a new one...and a good one at that.

15. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    My Mrs said that about my Aston Martin when we first went out, so I stopped, let her get in the passenger seat and pull away....... 200 yards later we were in a ditch (luckily, a shallow one, with no damage except to her credibility ). She’s never asked to drive my cars again........

She was only 18 at the time though...... now she drives most stuff pretty well, but she has a lead foot and a ferrari would get her in the fast lane to traffic court, and prison

dang2407, rngssw and Sfumato like this.
  16. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Sid, that’s funny. My Mrs. doesn’t ask, has driven few. But I got her an E36 M3/4 stick new when we married. We lived in country, I had E39 M5. We’d hoon all the way up and down hill, drifting and filling mirrors. No ditches fortunately. Skills decent.
    She has E90 M3 now, refuses to let go. I offered my M4 GTS. She rejected it. “I’m keeping my S65 motor.”
    Gets more comment on it than any of the Fcars.
    Be well.

G. Pepper and daytona355 like this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hehe, she’s definitely a keeper if she can drift a M3 that well, wish mine was so skilled. Costs me a fortune in rim repairs

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Sfumato likes this.
  18. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    It would be a wash between myself and my wife, both have rally experience (me-3 years Team FIAT 1979-1982 and 1987-1989 Subaru SVX private entry for her) and we both did Corso Avanzato at Mt Tremblant with similar lap times in a 430 Challenge.
    I'm curious what kind of comments she will get when she starts to drive her new Lusso this Spring.

kerrari and daytona355 like this.
  19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Awesome!!!!!! Makes me laugh when some of the guys I know say ladies can’t drive- ive met a number in my career that could blow the doors off me and a few others!!

Wish her the best in the Lusso, I’m loving that model more every time I see one, the ultimate daily Ferrari

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

jstarcher likes this.
  20. Marcopolo3382

Marcopolo3382 Karting

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco Daniele
    At the gas station
    Girl: is that a Lamborghini!?
    Me: No
    Girl: are you sure!?
    Me: I’m sure.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

G. Pepper likes this.
  21. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    You sound like a typical smug *****.

22. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Wow..........and a shot is fired over the bow.

23. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    man bs all the time

Marcopolo3382 likes this.
  24. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    A friend of mine has a cobalt blue Diablo. He was looking for a parking spot with his car. Some girl while driving was checking out his car and proceeded to drive her vehicle, into a parked car. ouch.

daytona355 likes this.
  25. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    I read some beauts on here....