Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 94 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Btw my wife saves the bacon fat, refrigerates it and uses it in place of vegetable oil / Olive oil / whatever oil in cooking. Gives a great flavor!

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

syata and G. Pepper like this.
  2. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    That one is understandable since, unfortunately, the modern [2001-2018] Ferrari designs are a little bland and generic in the eyes of some people. :(

I have had a lot of people confusing a Ferrari 360 with a Hyundai Genesis. :(

3. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ferraris are definitely much more "cute" today than in the past. Lambos hold the "macho" title now.

4. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Correct, it is the current "bland" styling......

5. AleGJ

AleGJ Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    North Italy
    Sorry but I disagree.
    What Audi/VW did with the brand is extraordinary.
    Today (even in Italy) Lamborghini is more recognized as "wealthy man's car" than Ferrari.
    A couple of years ago I was showing my house to potential buyers and they wanted to check the garage as well.
    My 360 was there under her cover, a red cover but without any logo.

They immediately pointed at the car and asked "Is that a Lamborghini??"

I could have several other examples.
    Yes, no marketing campaign has the power to make people unable to discern between a prancing horse and a charging bull, but they have the power to change people's perception.

So someone sees a sports car, low, wide, and that is crystal clear that is something very expensive... it must be a Lambo then!

This is what I mean ;)

6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’m surprised at that, whenever I’ve travelled in either in italy, both get the same level of attention and recognition, and the change I’ve noticed is the increase in respect for Lamborghini recently with cars like the Huracan, but I’d never have figured that the Lamborghini would be perceived as the more expensive option? Could it be regional?, maybe with more or less of one or the other, or a more common preference amongst richer clients buying one or the other (given ferrari limiting production while Lamborghini doesn’t tend to have such waiting lists?)

7. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I had a lady who was walking past my 456M ask me if it was a Lamborghini. Nothing could look less like a Lambo than a front engine V12 2+2 Ferrari, but there you go.

stavura, AleGJ and daytona355 like this.
  8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Growing up in the 70s and 80s Ferraris were always considered exotic cars for wealthy people...Lambos were "otherworldly" however.

AleGJ and daytona355 like this.
  9. AleGJ

AleGJ Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    North Italy
    Actually I can say that this is more true for younger generations. And is another reason because I think it's all a marketing consequence.
    Younger generations don't know about Ferrari history, they don't know that when Ferrari was already winning in every racing category in the world, from LeMans to F1, Lamborghini was only producing farming tractors.

krazykarguy, timjen88, NEP and 2 others like this.
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I can kind of see that actually in that context, wow, never thought I’d see that coming

11. Admiral Goodwrench

Admiral Goodwrench Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2005
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Robert Phillips
    In 1984 when my wife and I were on a factory tour, the guide proudly showed us their brand new painting facility. However the items going through the paint line were not Ferraris but dark green Lamborghini tractor cabs!

Best regards,

Robert

12. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    I would think people calling your 360 a Hyundai smacks of a jealous underhanded put down comment, hard to see how anyone could mistake a 360 for a Hyundai. Lovely people out there, hating others for their success....sad.

Ryan..., nicholasn, DrewH and 3 others like this.
  13. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Not sure yet what to make of this one, but...

I pulled into the local Publix (big grocery store chain in Florida) parking lot, found a spot and got out. A car pulled in a few spots away, and a kid maybe low to mid teens hopped out of the back door. He started trotting (faster than walking, not quite running) towards me and asked “Excuse me Sir? Can I ask what kind of car that is?”

I said “Sure. It’s a Ferrari 430.”

He stopped dead in his tracks, his shoulders slumped, smile disappeared, he turned around and headed back to the car, calling out “He said it’s a Ferrari” hopped back in and they drove away.

Wow.

I am so sorry I disappointed that poor kid.

davidoloan and G. Pepper like this.
  14. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Really? ..... Really? ..... Really? ..... "a lot of people"?

Care to attach names to some of these people?

G. Pepper and Jakuzzi like this.
  15. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

He was hoping you were going to say "Scud!"
    :)

timjen88 and Adamas like this.
  16. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Maybe it’s just that I’ve always hung around with older Ferrari people, but most of the car guys I knew in the 80s thought the over the top Countach just looked silly. As a 16 y.o. in 1987, I thought it was stunning, but what I really wanted was a pontoon fendered 250 Testa Rosa or a LWB California. Still do.

timjen88 likes this.
  17. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I’ve never found proof that Sinatra actually said this, but it is often attributed to him. “If you want to be someone, buy a Ferrari. If you are someone, you have a Lamborghini.”

daytona355 likes this.
  18. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Lambos will never have the pedigree and class that Ferraris have. So I don't care what anybody thinks about my choice in exotics.

Besides, Lamborghini is stuck in 70's wedgeville. Everything has been an evolution of the Countach (LM002 excepted). Look how many different designs Ferrari has done.

No contest for me. Oh, and how is Lamborghini's F1 team doing this season? :)

Flea7, timjen88 and AleGJ like this.
  19. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well, it’s not F1, but a Lambo did take a class win at the Rolex 24 this year.

20. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    And the Hurrican Performante is a great car. Still not a Ferrari.

21. AleGJ

AleGJ Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    North Italy
    Exactly.
    Great cars (I generally don't like the styling, but this is just me) but the brand's pedigree and heritage is zero compared to Ferrari.
    Class win at the Rolex 24, good.
    A drop in the ocean compared to Ferrari, as they won pretty much everywhere, from Europe to United States to South America and so on , in every motor racing category.
    From a point of view of brand tradition and heritage, Porsche is much better than Lambo. Even Mercedes is.

But yes, great cars especially since Audi/VW took over, as before they were not really more than a fantastic V12 bolted to a kit car quality wise.
    But not comparable to Ferrari.

22. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    True. Just trying to give a bit of credit where it's due.

But no, it's still not a Ferrari.

G. Pepper likes this.
  23. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Someone comparing a 360 to a Hyundai Genesis is just stupidity. A girlfriend of mine thought an FF was the new Mazda 3. That I can understand especially coming from her.

G. Pepper and Jakuzzi like this.
  24. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    THAT I understand, as almost all of the comments about the car were not from males.

25. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    I was never a huge fan of the Countach of the eighties, but back in the 80's when I was 15 or so I saw an early periscopio Countach - now *that* was a cool car - no flares, ugly bumpers, scoops or wings. It was awesome.

G. Pepper likes this.