Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 95 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F60SA

F60SA Karting

Nov 15, 2014
    the client is not always right - Enzo Ferrari

Rokas Skyrius and daytona355 like this.
  2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Yes, the poor Countach. The original LP400 was a fantastic and revolutionary design, but it appeared right before the wide tire revolution, so then it acquired all the fender flares and body cladding, which ruined the original design, IMO. I had a poster of one and also a 512 BB.

audi_328 likes this.
  3. Back'n'Black

Back'n'Black Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    As a kid, I absolutely loved the Periscopio..... and then I saw Cannonball Run. The opening title sequence made me sit upright in my seat. I also remember my pants getting a bit tighter as the sequence wore on......and it wasn't because of the girl.

Rumor has it that the wings, both front and rear, is attributed to the director. He insisted the wings be added for the film. The orders flooded in wanting wings on the cars. Lamborghini decided to oblige.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. Back'n'Black

Back'n'Black Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Yesterday, in Carmel, there was a sharp F430 spider parked on Ocean Ave. My brother-in-law proceeds to inform me that it was a half million dollar car. I gently corrected him. It was sharp.....but not "half mil" sharp.

I wish I had the title in hand. I would have knocked a 100K off his appraisal and given him a "helluva a deal".

daytona355 likes this.
  5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    So I parked my 360 in front of my favorite liquor store yesterday, and there was a family in an SUV a couple of places away. A little black kid about ten gets half-way out of the window and asks, "excuse me sir, is that a Ferrari?" I answered, "yes sir, it certainly is!" So he yells, "Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!" Mom was covering her face laughing with embarrassment, and so they drove by the car on their way out while I was deciding on which ales to buy.

So many of these things take place at liquor stores.

Nospinzone, AleGJ, tomc and 1 other person like this.
  6. Back'n'Black

Back'n'Black Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt

Hmmmm...........

G. Pepper and daytona355 like this.
  7. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I went grocery shopping in my 360 Spider and parked next to an SUV with three kids hanging out the window. The kids looks excited when I maneuver into the space. I roll down the windows for my Shih Tzu and starts walking out of the car, anticipating a bunch of questions. What a let-down. They were adoring my dog.

themediocore and daytona355 like this.
  8. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I may have posted this before in this thread but it still makes me laugh. I pulled into a shopping center lot in my 308 one day and parked next to a lady in what appeared to be a new car. I had no idea what it was. She lowered the window and said my god what is a that car. I said its an older Ferrari.....she said wow that is beautiful. I of course thanked her. A few seconds later a woman walks up to this lady standing between our two cars and says.......is this the new Cadillac.......she says well yes it is. The other lady says I saw it from across the parking lot and just had to see it close. This is the most beautiful car I have ever seen.
    After the goof ball leaves the lady next to me just starts laughing and finally says WOW that was weird!!!

AleGJ and daytona355 like this.
  9. Zisky

Zisky Rookie

May 12, 2018
    Long Island NY
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I read all the “nice mustang”posts and thought that can’t really happen......and then it happened to me!

Just finished washing my California and a older man walking through the neighborhood says “is that the new mustang?”

I decided it would just be easier to just say, “yes, yes it is”

tomc, jkddad and daytona355 like this.
  10. Yooper

Yooper Rookie

Dec 28, 2016
    Cincinnati, OH
    I was stopped at a traffic light in my 2018 488 Spider with the top down when a car pulls alongside, a man leans out and says,

“Sh**! That’s some James Bond sh**!”

I got a good laugh out of that one. So did the other car’s driver.

11. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If James drove a ferrari, his films wouldn’t last as long as they do, getting from a to b would be way faster, and the girls take a little less time to drop their drawers!

12. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If I ever get to London, I'm meeting up with you.

Mike

Mimmo Blue and daytona355 like this.
  13. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Some months back, I was gassing up the Cali in a small town north of Dallas. Cashier runs out and shouts "Can I take a picture of your Ferrari, my son is a car nut!" I said "We can do better. Give me your phone, get behind the wheel, strike your best pose, and let's really freak out your son!" :) That made my day. As a wise man once told me - we must never forget how lucky we are to own these cars...T

WJC, tifoso2728, Nospinzone and 9 others like this.
  14. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    That’s Epic! Great reminder to pay it forward

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tomc and daytona355 like this.
  15. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Today a very cute very young barista at the Starbucks drive through asked me if l needed a co-pilot?

I said: sure.

But my wife would kill me. ;)

PS 458 red spiders still get lots of attention.

stavura likes this.
  16. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    It's a sad indictment on our society these days but I'm finding often kids who run up to look at the car, when asked if they want to sit in it, get a look on their face and run back to their mother/father. Stranger danger message is working, I'd say. Sad.

17. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Perfect!

You know what impresses me? Almost everyone asks me for permission to take a picture of my car. Hell, the car is sitting out in a public place, I have no expectation of privacy!

tomc and G. Pepper like this.
  18. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Stranger danger is alive and well in me though - when all these anonymous people come running up to my car and want to crawl all over it, I get wary! :)
    Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

///Mike likes this.
  19. Dolcevita

Dolcevita Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 5, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Not recommended to do that with a white panel van.

20. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    My adult daughter calls those white vans -- rape vans.

Even when she was in middle school, she'd often cry out -- "look, there's a rape van", whenever we'd see a white, windowless van.

Sid

21. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Or they are afraid they will break something. Had this happen this morning. I told him he could touch the wheel and gear selector but not the turn signals. After he knew he wasn't going to break anything, he climbed in so his sister could take a picture while his dad thanked me.

22. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    I don't honestly know, but it is definitely something that's caught my attention recently... I've had the car for 16 years and I don't remember this happening until a couple of years ago.

23. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    It's my fault!

I always let kids sit in my car at shows. HOWEVER -- if they are pre-teen age, I make them ask their parent/guardian for permission.

Not because I think they will harm my car, I just want to reinforce that they should get permission before touching.

Older kids and adults, I let right in the car.

Sid

24. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Anyone else experienced this? Last night I was pulled over on a quiet residential road to check my email in the Speciale, and a random person just came up and tried to enter the car. It was locked but he yanked the door handle.

Immediately floored it after that. Was an odd and a bit nerve wracking experience.

sltillim likes this.
  25. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    You gotta be on full alert anytime you drive one of these cars, you never know who is following you. I wouldn't stop to check my email at night on a quiet street in a ford fiesta much less a speciale. Be careful

obbob likes this.