Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari | Page 96 | FerrariChat

Funniest/Stupidest comments you have received about your Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carguy98, Jul 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Never

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I had a drunk homeless guy offer me a drink of his beer. I gave him $5. Luckily that's where it ended.

DrewH likes this.
  3. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Thanks again for the $5, Bob. I used it to buy a pack of gum and put a down payment on a Boxster.

4. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    LOL!!

5. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    I was in my Lotus Elise in San Francisco, picking up a friend from his startup, SOMA, in an alley, in the evening. I knew there was once a murder outside their building so on alert. I saw two guys walking up from a distance behind me in the rear view. They walked more in the middle of the street. About 20 feet behind they split apart walking to either side of the car. Like you, I just started driving. It felt like they were up to something...

6. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Never had that happen to me. You would think where I live I would have to be extra careful!

7. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    yeah i was at a light down-town and a guy knocked on my window and got in the car. i was freaked out until i looked over and it was my buddy! he was laughing his ass off

8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I had someone try to car jack me in Florida on vacation in a rented Chrysler convertible. I'm very sure he knew it was a rental with me being a tourist and that's why he attempted it.

I drove off but it did shake me up that night. So, I don't think its just exotics that are at risk.

9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I remember a number of years ago that was a big problem in the Miami area. Somehow rental cars were easily identifiable, either by the plate or a sticker. So they changed whatever it was so the car was not identifiable as a rental.

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I think the no smoking sticker on every window makes it easy to spot a (regular) rental car. Not sure about exotics.

11. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Houston had a big problem with carjackings several years ago, so the legislature passed a law allowing concealed carry in your car without a standard CCP.

So, I have a .38 snub in the map pocket of my 360.

VAF84 and Eltel246 like this.
  12. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Rental or not, all the tourists will hang those hotel parking passes from their mirrors like badges of honor...telling car thieves exactly where to come and steal the car later tonight.

13. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Why do they like rentals so much? I'd think they'd be loaded down with lojack or something?

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

14. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
  15. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    crazy.....i hope this isnt another trend swapping over to europe....it seems in europe they steal more motorcycles instead now since all the cars have better security systems..but i have the feeling it wont take long until carjacking becomes a thing...

16. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    In the UK they will spot a nice car on the drive and then enter your house for the keys. I think it's probably planned rather than random.

F12KID likes this.
  17. AleGJ

AleGJ Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    North Italy
    Yesterday I was driving the 360 in the center of Mantova city (basically where Tazio Nuvolari was born) and when I passed in front of 2 police officers they both showed me big thumbs up looking at me and the car :)

tomc, Bdel and G. Pepper like this.
  18. irule

irule Rookie

Nov 25, 2012
    Europe
  19. Blitz88

Blitz88 Karting

Most likely perpetrated by illegals.

tonyswfla likes this.
  20. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Tourists are far less likely to be armed or put up any resistance.

Sid

irule likes this.
  21. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    I was filling up the F12 at the local gas station when a Toyota pulls to the pump along side me. Inside were 2 locals in their perfectly coifed man-buns and wife beater t-shirts. Passenger looks out and asks me in his best gangsta voice, "all I wanna know is how much did that put you down?" I just smiled, shook my head in disbelief and they drove off unfazed.

22. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    About ten years ago I was coming home at night after a day at Road America and made the mistake of cutting across Lincoln Square the evening of the Von Stueban Day Parade (this is the one in Ferris Bueller's Day Off). After the parade ends, the beer tent opens at 2 in the afternoon, and it becomes a drunk fest. I got stuck at a light and a drunk 20 something young lady hopped in the front seat. I think in her drunkenness she thought I was a cab. Fortunately she left when I asked. I've always locked the doors since then.

23. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Plus tourists are more likely to have a lot of cash and also high end photographic and video equipment. Of course if they are from Europe or Asia it is PAL, so the thieves are SOL! :D

24. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    But, all that matters is "Was she hot?"

Sid

furoni and 19633500GT like this.
  25. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'm sorry, PAL? (I got the SOL part). :)