Future classic? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Future classic?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Igor Ound, Aug 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

?

1. Yes

17.5%
  2. No

82.5%
  1. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Center of gravity is lower. Reports are- Except for hard breaking feels light because of the way the technology is applied. It’s a new world. We shall see. Have you driven a Taycan Turbo S?

Igor Ound likes this.
  2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Admittedly no as I have a Tesla for the mundane tasks. Both are ridiculously overpriced honestly.

3. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Why would you say that? Cutting edge technology. Instant response. Fast. The Taycan handles like a Porsche and the steering is better than both my 458 and F12. I think it’s a bargain that will only get better.

Electric cars are much, much cheaper to maintain as they have dramatically less parts.

Will they ever be more enjoyable than normally aspirated cars with great engines? I don’t think so. And I will keep the ICE cars that provide the most pleasure.

And electric cars will be great in a different way.

For now- Hybrids provide the best performance of both worlds. Pleasure? TBD.

4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    People are so obsessed with this weight. Must be mclaren’s marketing as that’s the only thing they can brag about. Wonder why don’t we all drive go karts otherwise

5. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    My Maranello has half the power of the SF90 and weighs the same...I have a great deal of fun driving that car through the hills. My CS is of course in a league of its own for spirited drives.

I just think pretty much every time something new is introduced, the purists scoff at it, the younger generation fantasizes about it, and people who just want the latest and greatest enjoy it.

Eventually, either the purists come around to it...or the younger generation comes of age and into some money and they go shopping for their "classic" Ferrari dream car...and values bottom or start rising. Seems to rinse and repeat.

6. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Agreed. 3461lbs dry isn't even that bad for a modern high tech, nearly 1000hp car.

Chiron is 4359lbs
    LaFerrari is 3495lbs
    Rimac is 4000+

What else is there that's 1k hp+ and significantly less weight that doesn't start at $2m+

7. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Do you really believe it ???
    It s 1886 kg !
    It s very near of a Lusso

8. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    No it isn’t. It’s 1735kg including fuel and 75kg for the driver, therefore in the low 1600’s wet without fuel or driver. That is an actual weighed car Mr.Lucid.

fil and REALZEUS like this.
  9. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Weifht can be a bad thing or good thing. Too light car will have hard time puting the power down to ground. Too heavy car will suffer through turns.

812 is heavy in a way that the smoother the input the batter car handles. It is just how to drive rather heavy side FR sports car. People tend to expect 812 behaves same as 488. 812 gives different sort of enjoyment through turns.

This car will be fun with natural safty margin of weight and 4wd through turns. Also the torque from the e motor will add some excitement too. This will be a great car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

tres55, [gTr] and Igor Ound like this.
  10. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Looks like it’s pretty fast on the TG track for such a heavy car...

technom3 likes this.