Future of the XX programme? | FerrariChat

Future of the XX programme?

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by ewright, Jun 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ewright

ewright Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    Hi all: I’m curious as to what the future of the XX programme will look like.

1. Will Ferrari continue to release XX variants, and if so which models will the future XX cars be based upon?

2. If future XX models are released, will the earlier XX cars remain competitive? Will they be run in a separate class, or possibly retired?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

2. John.D

John.D Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2009
    France
    the program XX is a success for FERRARI in view of all the FXX K Evo versions so I think that it will not stop and we must not forget that it is also laboratories that find on the achievements of FERRARI on road (the last achievement is the proof I think)
    On what basis the future XX may be The SF90 Stradale ......
    in terms of separating the FXX from the other more recent in the program XX, I do not see Why . all this is just my vision of things

gatorgreg likes this.
  3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I dont see why it would stop considering Ferrari sells all of the XX they announce and then some. It's also highly popular among owners. And im sure it's a huge money make for the brand.

I would think the next XX would be based on the SF90 as it's the car with the most new tech to explore and as John above said, part of the reason of the XX program is to be a test lab for new solutions.

Older XX cars are definitely slower than the new ones. If they werent, then Ferrari would be doing something wrong. I believe there might come a time where there will be a need for class when for example the FXX is proven to be much slower than the new XX model but who knows when that will be.

NürScud likes this.