FXX in Hong Kong | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FXX in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Asia' started by AC6, Nov 6, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Is he one of the 9 enzo owners? If not, I think I have a pretty good idea of who you are talking about :)

Your source is probably more reliable as it seems highly unlikely that Ferrari would admit the fashion company owner's application with his lack of track experience.

2. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    I am not sure that Ferrari vetted the purchase. You will know if the car gets the Evo updates which are only done at the factory

3. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The car being seen at SPS rather than IMSS might also be a sign that Ferrari didn't vet the purchase as rumor is that Ferrari would not provide any technical support to owner if the car was not bought directly from Ferrari.

4. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Not a rumour, a fact, ApeGen!!

5. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    This owner will be the number one priority for SPS

6. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Got cha!

I didn't want to sound so certain as I only got the information from here. :)

7. Sega355

Sega355 Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2004
    Hong Kong
    How many people in Hong Kong are qualified to own FXX?
    Rich person? Race driver? Superstar? or he has to be all three? I can name 5 person/SPS clients that fit those criteria.

8. billy721

billy721 Rookie

Apr 23, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Don't think you need to be any of above, except the money to buy one through a private transaction, from an ex-owner.
    We only have to guess if IMSS may support him to get any upgrade like the "Evo Update' mentioned by DM. I personally think he could , but i am sure he doesn't care in the meantime; cause he "collected" it.

9. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Billy is absolutley correct. You can buy the car but not the FXX experience. IMSS cannot help with the Evo upgrades. The dealer has no involvement. The owner deals directly with the factory. The factory will only support "approved" owners who involved the factory in the purchase. Without the FXX experience, IMO the FXX is just another car. The really cool owners are the ones who use the cars as was intended and they are likely to keep their cars forever as the memories are irreplacable. Just read about RKB (FXX World Tour thread) and you will see what I mean. He is the king of cool

10. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Obviously you cannot be impecunious to buy an FXX so criteria 1 is a given. Some of the original FXX owners are not race drivers but you would not commit your time and $ to the FXX program if you did not have an interest in the track. There is a pretty big range in the calibre of driving skills of the FXX owners and that is a good thing for the program. As Billy noted, the SPS FXX was bought outside of the FXX program so no criteria other than the first matters. It happens that the owner is a very good driver and is not a superstar

11. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    Many thanks!!

12. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    When the FXX programme started at the beginning of last year the spread of lap times for the FXX drivers at a circuit like Mugello was around 20sec+. That is now down to around 10sec, so us slower drivers are getting faster!!

13. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    I can't believe that you were ever at the tail end. From what I saw of you in Shanghai (especially given that you might have been firing on less than 12 cylinders) you looked pretty fast to me. Given that the faster drivers are semi-professional it is pretty impressive how the pack has compressed

14. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    This thread is now legitimised with a real expert casting his eye. RTB, do you know anything about the background of the FXX in HK?

15. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    No, don't know anything about the HK FXX.

Can't wait to have the Evolution package added to my FXX!

16. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Awesome!

Looking forward to see the Evo look on your car, should be far more interesting than a red one :)

17. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    RTB's car in any event is far more interesting than the red one in HK as it is used in anger on the track all over the world (as opposed to sitting in storage in Kowloon Bay) and it is blue!

18. noviyecco

noviyecco Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2006
    Ukraine,Kyiv
    Full Name:
    Peter Fromel
    Anybody have ownership history of SPS Mc Laren F1?

19. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    You can find info on the car somewhere in Fchat - I remember reading about it some time ago. It is from Sweden. Car is owned now by a HK collector with a few nice cars

20. noviyecco

noviyecco Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2006
    Ukraine,Kyiv
    Full Name:
    Peter Fromel
    Could you describe full collection of this HK collector,do you know him personally?

elmadi likes this.
  21. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    I know him personally and will respect his privacy so the answer is no

elmadi likes this.
  22. noviyecco

noviyecco Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2006
    Ukraine,Kyiv