News

FYI - Dubbini Fakes

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Napolis, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I agreed w/ your post until this sentence. I think it is a mistake to put such "rules" under Ferrari's exclusive domain. I reject the notion of "history by decree." History and originality should be determined by research, and not by a company w/ skin in the game. I might have misunderstood your point, however.

lgs likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    These points will never be "settled". Least of all by an entity with skin in the game.

4. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    You are right. In previous posts on this subject I have qualified the Classiche involvement which should include a group of respected historians, Michael Muller, Marcel Marsinni, and other respected Ferrarichat contributors and historians. In addition I would also include several of the most respected restorers in this group. A once a month meeting rotating at the home front of of each member would I think benefit all involved. just one man's opinion tongascrew

5. bitzman

bitzman Formula 3

Feb 15, 2008
    I read with interest the story of the Italian brothers, part of a coffee importing dynasty,
    that were charged with faking some Ferrari numbers, even to the point where Ferrari's head, Luca, jumped on them with all fours. Has a trial been scheduled? What's the haps?

Here's one of the original stories:
    jalopnik.com/5569725/did-italian-coffee-makers-brew-up...

6. Chris drake

Chris drake Rookie

Nov 1, 2020
    Full Name:
    Chris Drake
    There are a over 40 Ferraris currently being used and enjoyed that were in a far worse shape post accident than 1999GT. And if you have enough money, you can get a Classiche certificate, we all know this. I think it’s important to realise what it takes to make or re create such a car. So less of the negativity! Let’s all try and take the high eye! And not be so negative.

7. To remove this ad click here.