FYI - Mako99 has been banned permanently... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FYI - Mako99 has been banned permanently...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Mar 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Isn't there an ignore feature? I haven't tried it because I am adult enough to just laugh at the a-holes. Mako wasn't half as annoying as the people with high post numbers who tell eveyone with a question to "use the search function", usually in a very rude manner. The info could be outdated in the archives. There are many more a-holes cheerleading the "post whores" here. Some of them are worse than the Iraqi information minister.
    However, it is your site so I guess freedom of speech doesn't apply here.

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Mako contributed absolutely nothing of value. He bashed everybody and everything just for the sake of stirring up the pot and pissing people off. He couldn't even get voted the site's worst troll. (That went to another member as a result of stacked votes by low count interlopers). There is no grey area. He was sucking up bandwidth like a black hole with his negativity.

He does not compare with V12 owners, V8 owners or even our pal Allanlambo

One less person on my ignore list.

DJ

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    "Sucking up bandwidth like a black hole..""

Another classic Fchat slogan! I love it!

4. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I say we give him another shot.

5. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I think sometimes the trashing may get a little out of hand, but the trashing comes from both Lambo enthusiasts and Ferrari enthusiasts. Personally, I think that mostly these people just have very strong opinions about their car of choice, and it is that passion that brings us to this type of forum for discussion. Some friendly barbs between enthusiasts can be very entertaining (for both sides) and spice up the board. If those types of discussions were non existent, this board would be much more boring place and would not have nearly as many members.

From my perspective, it really does not bother me if someone "trashes" a certain type of car, or brand. What does bother me is when people start with the personal attacks (involving wives, family, etc). That's when the banning needs to take affect.

6. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Mako banned,.... best news all day!

7. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That's priceless.

8. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    The 'Freedom of Speech' Mako was using belongs on www.Iaman*******andyoucaneatmyxxxx.com website, NOT on a Ferrari chat site.

Freedom of Speech does not include continuous confrontational, insulting, contemptuous and demeaning attacks against EVERYBODY on this site (except Allenlambo).

Freedom of Speech DOES (should) include some measure of respect toward another's opinion even if you don't agree, isn't that how you would like OTHERS to view your opinion?

Somebody said this is a free country but everytime I start target practice in my back yard with my 12 ga. the neighbors get upset? We all have to have some rules and guidelines so we can all occupy the same space. Get it? Same goes for this site. Mako was told to put away the 12 ga. and he didn't so he was made to leave.

DJ

9. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    No, that's not necessary, he only needs to be shot once. I'm sure a lot of people would much rather give you a shot!

Just kidding Alan, I enjoy your comments a lot. I'm in the middle of a deposition where my expert witness is being deposed by a hapless defense lawyer who has never tried a case in his life . . . you provide great entertainment on days like these!

10. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Why thank you. Im touched.

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yea, down in Texas, one shot is enough.

strapped to a gurney, telling family good bye, insisting they are innocent...

it brings a tear to my eye every time.......

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    He was one of the two biggest trolls on this board and added no value at all. His doppelganger will be soon calling for his reinstatement.

Great call Rob. This will help the FerrariChat community.

13. pozzi

pozzi Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 28, 2004
    Brasil
    Full Name:
    Fabio Pozzi
    The F-chat is for fun and pleasure... not for aggressions... with more than 6000 users we will find 6000 different points of view for the same issue... why not learn from these different views, don’t start a new civil/worldwide war?

14. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Ahhh the Supra owner speaks....

15. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    yep - one down, one to go.

16. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
  17. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Very snappy!

18. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  19. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Rob I think that we should let him back. I mean there are 6000 of us and two of them.This is not a nanny state! I mean if we can't stand up to two I think we are very pathetic as a bunch. I am happy to hold my own where Mako or allan are involved.

20. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    You miss the point. It's not about standing up, it's about growing up.

Rob, well done!

21. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I understand the majority's sentiments here as Mako could really push buttons with some of his posts. He doesn't really bother me. In fact, I get amused when he starts going on and on like he knows everything (eg., "Lasik"
    thread on off-topic), and also when he bashes the 456 on this (Ferrari) board...but he likes the NSX!! (Nothing against the NSX). Like he'd really pick
    the latter over the former! But he is entitled to his own opinion!

22. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    It's not about people who like Lambos. I like Lamborghinis as much as anyone on here, even Allan.

The problem is people who hate Ferraris and bash Ferraris and their owners. I don't feel that Lamborghini and Ferrari have to mutually exclusive. True sports car lovers love them both, whether they prefer one over the other or love them equally.

The problem is when people say Lambos suck or Ferraris suck. That's pretty narrow minded and ridiculous. Mako was too much about Ferraris suck and you suck for owning one.

Don't get me wrong, my next car might be a Gallardo SV (depending on the styling) or a Diablo 6.0, but it's not a good thing to want to prove that point so much that you resort to bashing Ferrari owners. It's poor arguing skills and the dumbest way to prove a point on something called FerrariChat.

23. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    I met the guy (because of this board) He is really a nice guy. I gave him a ride in my Gallardo and he made a post regarding
    the handling characteristics of the car in better terms than I could have.
    I noticed his posts against Ferrari were more frequent after that ride.
    Makes me wish I had not given him a ride?
    Too bad he wasn't more tactful in his criticism of Ferrari.

Sorry guys the Gallardo REALLY is a cut above Ferrari IMHO, if that
    irriates you so be it.

24. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

BANNED!!!!!!

You can only say Ferrari is better than Lamborghini.....

25. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Mako was harmless, being without the wit off Ellen. I too have been caught up in the heat of the moment arguing with Ellen and Mako. You have certainly made a statement and put everyone on notice, which will moderate some of the behaviour from here on in. I think it is fair to ask whether he given a clear warning. If not he should be given a 2nd chance, besides what Ellen going to do with Mako to wipe his a$$?
    Put him in coventry for a couple of days and let him back.