Gallardo replacement | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Gallardo replacement

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dipesh.tank, Nov 24, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    PM if you are interested, I can give you the Manager's contact information.

2. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    wow the front looks amazing. That is going to be a seriousalternative looks wise to the aventador if they keep the lines. I hope the back looks better without the wraps. looks kind of boxy

3. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Too conservative.

4. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    #29 redcaruser, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I can not share the enthusiasm for the "Cabrera"-design. Like at the Aventador, the same boring evolutionary design development.
    Fits to Audi, with their design language and philosophy they stand also "with its back to the wall".
    I hope the technology will bring more innovation.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. scuderia92

scuderia92 Formula Junior

May 23, 2013
    The Aventador looks evolutionary compared to the Murcielago. But if you look at the car (without taking into consideration the Murcielago) it looks very revolutionary in my opinion. Very futuristic :).

Curious about the Cabrera. Just wait for the final design :)

6. empunker

empunker Rookie

Jan 17, 2005
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I hope that the final product looks better than these pictures.

7. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Considering the 458 is now 5 years old, I am sure it will compare quite favorably..Honestly not really a fair comparison.

8. carcommander

carcommander Formula 3

Sep 28, 2006
    Southeast
    Full Name:
    Jim

Me too. 1000hp. Awsome.

9. dipesh.tank

dipesh.tank Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2013
    Can't really compare it to an F12.

Other comparisions would be 991 turbo s, mp4-12c and 458 italia. I can't really think of any other current cars tbh

10. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    might take you up on that! :)

11. Yoonyah

Yoonyah Karting

Sep 19, 2010
    I`m all for competition in this segment of the market. It's best for everybody if McLaren, Lamborghini and Ferrari have a strong competition (let't be happy it's not only Porsche as it is one market segment down) and, in that light, I seriously hope (as some posters above) that the final design of the Gallardo successor will look substiantially better than what is unfortunately to be assumed from the spy pics.

12. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    What's up with the louvered rear window? Makes rear visibility nonexistent and backup camera a must, at least from my experience sitting in Avy.

13. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    The rendering's look heavy and bloated. Hopefully the mule is wearing a lot of camo.

I love the original Gallardo design, probably more than the F430. Hate the current facelifted LP570, revised front and rear bumpers are absolutely hideous.

14. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I actually think the new Cabrera rear will be an evolutionary design of it's Aventador bigger brother. That rear rendering you posted is not accurate, the actual car will have cascading glass panes just like the Aventador!

http://fourtitude.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Lamborghini-Cabrera-test-mule-carpix-331.jpg

15. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
  16. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I expect the Fcar to drive better, but in the looks department, the "leaked" photos show the new Lambo to be far superior visually.

17. Ferrari FXX

Ferrari FXX Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2007
    That looks awful from the rear & the front looks like all other Lambos.

Really how much more can Lamborghini, Audi or anyone keep evolving the Countach? Its been 40 years now, the same car.

18. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    Car looks very interesting. I like what I see so far :)

19. Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige F1 Veteran

Nov 7, 2011
    Three Places
    I would not expect the new Gallardo to break new ground visually. Lamborghini has clearly decided to evolve its designs, as does Porsche, rather than create whole new looks. That is not a bad thing, but one thing I like about Ferrari is that they do take risks with their designs. They don't always work out great but every once in awhile they make a masterpiece. Such is the 458.

20. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Just like how the FF front end doesn't look like the F12 or how the 458/F12/FF all do not share the same tail lights and uncannily similar headlamp designs? lol c'mon.

Hell Ferrari didn't even bother changing the race seats, door handles and side view mirror mounts since the 360/430 and the 458 mirrors don't even mount there, they mount onto doors! You get this weird triangle on either window that serves no purpose. All recycled 1:1 from the 360/430 except the seats which are from the Scuderia.

21. qwertstnbir

qwertstnbir Formula 3

Jul 14, 2013
    exactly

22. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Looks like a Ford Focus in a fat suit.

23. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

What's funny is now that the Aventador is out and pretty common, I think it makes the Murc look better. There's something about it less phony and more pure in the statement.

When I first saw the Avent, I thought it was a wow. Now, not so much. I saw 20 of them at Sema and no one gave them a second look.

24. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I agree...the futuristic, angular design of the Aventador has become a bit boring. It doesn't seem like it will hold the test of time. Not like an Enzo.

I'd rather have THIS!

Tell me, what is your opinion on Heffner vs UGR?

25. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Ask Porsche....