Garage Pics!! | Page 442 | FerrariChat

Garage Pics!!

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Titanboy_24, Dec 28, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Kevin2772, Bas, jm2 and 3 others like this.
  2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Nelsonc275 and of2worlds like this.
  3. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Since a lot of marvelous cars in this thread, but I thought it was about garages.
    Not so many "great" garages.
    What makes a great garage. Important surely is
    1) The floor covering - tiles, paint or other
    2) Does it have an office - enclosed or integrated with the garage.
    3) Ceiling
    4) Garage doors - seen some fantastic ones with no rails. A fantastic upgrade to normal garage doors.
    5) Probably the most important and least thought of is the lighting.

Like to see some garages that would look good even without the cars in them.
    That is not to say leave the cars out altogether.

WATSON, Boomhauer and waymar like this.
  4. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    #11029 cgt000, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Error

5. NJRay

NJRay Karting

Feb 20, 2014
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Finished the walk out basement in my old house and made a lounge, bar, and Show room out of it. Was very cool, Glass garage door, wood like tile, walk out to pool area....and stayed 15 degrees cooler than the rest of the house. Good times... planning my next Garagemahal now....

Loxo, Dave rocks, Boomhauer and 3 others like this.
  6. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Some good ideas there.

7. Pablo Escobar

Pablo Escobar Rookie

Mar 9, 2007
  8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm more about the content of the garage myself than actual aesthetics. Those garages so clean you could eat of them wouldn't be for me...having to clean the car before driving it in? Not for me.

9. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    of2worlds and Boomhauer like this.
  10. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    And fair enough, not everyone likes the same thank heavens. To me a pristine garage or one totally full of rubbish are ok. Its the ones in the middle that cant decide what demography there in that personally are not for me.

11. Cyt

Cyt F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2014
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Cyt- Chin
    I’m in the process of designing my garage and keen to get a clear opening that let three cars through. Anyone had any suggestion on the best garage door type?
    I gave a clear opening of about 9.3m which I want to maximise.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

12. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    Little late to the party on this....but wait one minute there.

I am the only one allowed on F-Chat with a TR8. :)

Yours the Group 44 TR8 heading to Road America soon?

Garage pic to keep with the thread theme:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dave rocks and INTMD8 like this.
  13. Voda

Voda Formula 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Seattle
    Nope...not allowed...you're looking at a ban ;)

WATSON likes this.
  14. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    haha. You're just jealous! :)

15. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Very nice.. I've always wanted to do something similar.

Do you have any kind of special ventilation for exhaust fumes?

16. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Addition to my original two car detached garage still in process, with cabinets, flooring, four post lift, spiral stair case railing and balcony railing in-fill panels still to be completed. Then interior clean-up of original garage. Agreed with earlier comments on details such as ceilings, lighting, and garage doors. Only a couple of cars in here at the moment, as others are out at friends temporarily while the work continues. I'll post more pics when completed.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    #11042 moysiuan, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    I won't win awards but there are a few ideas of my garage I thought worth sharing...my garage is a standalone building next to my home. May not seem like a big deal to all those with full on estate sized properties, but I am in a dense part of Toronto, 20 minutes out of the downtown core and the are few homes with double garages at all let alone one like this in my area.

I wanted a high ceiling feeling, for a nice environment when tinkering with my cars. 18 foot angled ceilings, and I built an upper storage deck for spare parts and such, accessed by an industrial ladder. I was cognizant of ample lighting, so I have 4 flourescent fixtures, each with 8 T8 bulbs. A second set of 3 separately switched light fixtures made for barns are mounted on the ceiling peak, each with a 250 watt incandescent bulb. Old fashioned incandescent light simply gives a nice light spectrum. The combined lighting and spectrum is adjustable and perfect for both working, detailing and display purposes.

The garage has hot and cold water, and while plumbing things made sure I had three floor drains. Very important for runoff from wet cars in the winter, and keeping the humidity down verses having puddling in a non drained garage.

The garage door is a Garaga brand, heavily insulated, with the top double glazed windows that allow natural light in without security issues as the door is a height beyond most people could peer in. The trackless Liftmaster door opener is a beautiful little compact device.

Not pictured but also important is a Mitsubishi Heat Pump/AC through a ceiling mounted cassette, for heating and cooling. The unit is a commercial grade one that can heat down to -30C, which does happen in my town in some extreme winter moments.

My garage floor is natural concrete, insulated underneath, but cracked from settling and stained from oil, brake fluid and other working garage maladies. But it is very grippy and safe to work on. Looks like crap but I don't get worried about making a mess from time to time.

I used fire rated commercial drywall, with cement board for the bottom 18 inches covered with a decorative porcelain tile. That way I can wash out the garage without worrying about soggying the wall areas. Also have two commercial fire extinguishers in handy spots.

I also have used 12 gauge wiring, with 8 20 amp outlets so there is never a need for an extension cord. Also wired in both a 30 and 40 amp circuit in case I want to do some arc welding or whatever else needing more juice someday, never yet used it, but may be handy if I end up with an electric car of some sort? Also have proper LAN wiring for a computer, so I can have Fchat by my side when working on the Mondial.

The only decoration is a wasp nest over the sink my son brought to me, the wire moose head my spouse got at a silent charity auction, and the Porcelain Ferrari plaque. Lots of room for more decoration, but my main aim was a comfortable working garage, so the decor will come over time. I did all the entry door and window trim in a solid maple, so may add some further maple trimming. The shelving is all stainless supplied through a medical supply company.
    Was kind of going for the minimalist Scandinavian look.

Time to clean up the clutter a bit! But don't let that stop you from voting me the usable garage of the month award...

The last pic is my exquisitely detailed 1988 Mondial 3.2 Cab just back on the road last week after the rain washed the winter salt away.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Rob-0987, greg328, Berning and 3 others like this.
  18. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    I like it! I feel your pain about the Toronto garages...I moved out of the city to get my own 2-car.

19. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren

You have put a lot of thought into the garage layout. Love all the wood, are you leaving it natural or staining it.
    Any heat or smoke sensors in there. In a garage probably heat is the better sensor. Always a good addition.
    Lets see further pics.

20. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
  21. Camp Freddie

Camp Freddie Karting

Oct 19, 2015
    London, Doha, Beirut
    I'm loving the rug.

moysiuan likes this.
  22. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Thanks Warren. It's been a fun project so far! The interior is being left natural. The exterior is being stained to match the original garage. Radiant heating has been installed the slab. Security systm has been installed, and to be honest haddened thought about smoke or fire alarm related system. Good idea though. I'll inquire.

An office is going under the part of the balcony opposite the spiral stair. Book shelves will be built up on the balcony for car books, car models, etc.. furniture for hanging out, beer fridge.

I'll take some more pics when i'm back at the house this weekend and post them.

23. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I can't believe how much room some people have for garage space. Here in Newport Beach, I look out a window, i'm looking into the neighbor's house.

John_K_348 likes this.
  24. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    Carpet! Not rug.

Some Iranian woudn't care for the dissin' .

cgt000 likes this.
  25. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    I have no space in NYC where we are during the week. Keep our 130,000 mile 2006 BMW 530XiT wagon in a garage during the week at my office for shuttling up to the boonies on weekends. No fun cars. But at our house up in the woods where we are every weekend, lots of space for the fun stuff.