Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market | Page 55 | FerrariChat

Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kevin Rev'n, Apr 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    huh? the link I posted to the second car has very detailed photos of the interior and its in fact a manual. A really nice one with an exhaust.... it has not been driven much in the last few years but that's not so strange in the Ferrari world.

2. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The car is on Cars.com too!

3. cgfen

cgfen Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2015
    vista ca
    If it does not have a federal smog decal and or CARB decal, you won't be able to register it in CA without paying someone serious $$$ to certify it.
    Look for the decals on the drivers side engine sail panel back near the muffler.

Ciao

4. bberg009

bberg009 Karting

Jan 23, 2016
    Full Name:
    Cancelled my account
    Hi MalQV, I think you are right, but also believe that the 360s are about to become the "affordable " Ferrari that the next generation seeks. I am actually looking for one as a college graduation gift to one of my sons, who adores them.

I also remember the first time I saw one in Geneva in 1999, and it looked totally different than the Ferrari's before it. And I might want to add one to my car stack as well. So, I guess I am saying prices may start stabilize, and when surplus inventory is gone, the 360s should start creeping up in price in the next few years...

G. Pepper likes this.
  5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Search for a post I did about registering a euro in CA. It is an old post, I have had my car over 10 years, but it covers the process. You MUST have the CARB sticker or it won't get done. Just having a federal smog decal isn't enough for a gray market car. BUT, once it is done it is no different than any other car. I am just starting to consider selling my car if you want to talk. I am thinking about getting a 599.

6. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Wow, some graduation present :)
    I am not complaining. I bought an F355 in 2010 for a relative pittance, exchanged it for this and the F355 had more than doubled in value. To date my 360 owes me about £35-40k. It has a long way to go before it reaches that. ;)

7. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'm not even going to think about how the market is until the winter doldrums are past. If the financial markets are still strong, the spring should clear up just where we are.

8. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    That's a smart idea. Give a 22 year old a 400HP car with questionable handling in the wet. I can just see what midlevel managers will think when he pulls up for a job interview and what upkeep will cost for a guy just starting out... but to each their own. My kids are going to earn their toys.

dreichman likes this.
  9. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    There are some good points here. Perhaps something more down to earth for a fresh graduate. Buy the 360 for yourself and let your son borrow it every now and then. Might be a safer bet.

Especially give it to him on date nights! He might get lucky :D

10. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I would most likely be dead if I got a 360 at 22.

mathewr, hessank and Gumart1 like this.
  11. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Now this looks like a nice one, but again, we dont know anything about the car except the price. There is always a reason why they are priced low.

12. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    As a father that would be my greatest concern...

hessank and G. Pepper like this.
  13. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    I recently sold my 2001 360 6-speed manual that was listed in F-Chat for $75k USD. It went to a good home and friend. I think it was a win-win for both of us.
    My 1996 Porsche 993 (Supercharged) is my pride and joy! It will be my daily driver too...
    F-Chat has been a great source of data and people willing to share info and pix!!!!!
    Many Thanks to All!!!!!!!!

14. TODDZTR

TODDZTR Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    near toronto
    Full Name:
    TODD
    FYI, this car has been for sale for almost 2 years

15. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Obviously do what you want, but you may consider the unintended consequences with the symbolism of such a gift. Tens of thousands of kids graduate college each Spring. Help him maybe with a down payment on a house that he foots the bill for on the monthly note.

Simply giving him a Ferrari takes away the sense of accomplishment of earning it yourself. No 22 year old is mature enough to appreciate the gravity of a frivolous gift like that.

You potentially risk warping his sense of reality and may hamper his ability to connect with people who don’t come from means.

And yes, I was gifted a rather fancy sportcar at 18 years old and it was an absolute mistake of my father to do it. Again, do what you want, but ask yourself if it will make him a better man. And also consider the extreme amount of judgement that he will attract. Not worth it in my humble opinion.

thorn and dreichman like this.
  16. 851duck

851duck Rookie

Apr 21, 2014
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    John Swingle
    I just drove this car and made a deal on it pending a PPI at Algar. I'm not a know it all F car guy...yet But it drove great, no weird noises over bumps, no wind noise, revved up nicely, shifted great. Paint looked original, clean car fax and just had it's 30,000 mile major service. They replaced the clutch too. It has a crazy after market stereo complete with a sub box that took up all the space behind the seats, some scraps under the nose, no other records and no tools. I should of offered him less as they took the first offer I spit out. I hope the PPI comes back fairly clean.

17. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Good luck with it and if it works, hope you enjoy and all is well!

18. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Being a 99 make sure they address the chassis motor mounts with good clean pics of the area. In addition to all the regular stuff I am sure they will check. If she comes back with a good report you got a heck of a deal IMO!

19. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    100% chance SOMETHING will turn up in the PPI that you can use to get a few more bucks off.

20. 851duck

851duck Rookie

Apr 21, 2014
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    John Swingle
    PPI is tomorrow at Scuderia Performante (Algar was all booked up and I want this deal done for Xmas). Wish me luck. I almost became a Ferrari owner a couple years ago on a gated 6 speed 360 but the PPI came back w way too much so I had to pass.

21. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    This is where my PPI was performed, those guys, I believe were from Algar. The PPI is just one piece of the puzzle so dobt expect to it to find EVERYTHING...in fact I found quite a bit more, but its a good baseline and could be used for bargaining. I don' think there has ever been a PPI that passed with 100%..

22. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Very true. Even my 2004 5k mile car - which I saw in person first and which had good maintenance history, particularly in the year and a half before I bought it - had an issue. A 30k mile car at that price point undoubtedly will have some problems; frankly, if the PPI doesn't come back with many, I would be surprised and a bit suspicious.

23. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I've never had a PPI done, I do PPR's (Post purchase restorations). :)

Good luck with the car. It's a buyer's market right now.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  24. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I don’t know if the market is as bad as you’d think from reading this forum, I keep getting the impression that these things are going for twelve dollars and a coke but if I go to cars.com and search for TDF blue 360s, the asking price on every 3 pedal car is well over what I paid in August. Maybe just because blue is by far the best I don’t know but they don’t seem to be going for that cheap.

25. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I think we are mainly seeing winter/unsure economy issues flowing through prices of these and everything, F1's I've seen going for $50k, sometimes less. Not to be political, but I think we are going to see a surge next year because of the newfound trust in the economy, especially if this tax bill goes through as expected.

Jonsav and G. Pepper like this.