Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market | Page 68 | FerrariChat

Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kevin Rev'n, Apr 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ml65

ml65 Karting

Jun 22, 2009
    Farmingdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Mike L.
    The sound of a Porsche just does not do it for me, having driven several newer models, general impression is fairly bulletproof, but overall, fairly forgettable.
    Every drive in my 360 is an event, the passion from the factory comes through loud and clear, more like the art of motion.

Regarding the watches, for me the status is irrelevant, I’m more impressed with the timeless design of it (stainless Sub) and will always appreciate the no battery self powered design of it, very analog as it is, as opposed to the inevitable tech obsolescence that an Apple Watch will provide, and if my watch is off by a couple of minutes a month, I’m good with that.

Graz, kes7u and Tarek307 like this.
  2. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    funny you mention this. I'm a 100% Porsche guy and have always been till i got my 360 manual, and its been an inner struggle, i've tried to drive different 911's more powerful to not like my Modena and sell it and go back to my Porsche self, but i'm always left thinking , the modena is just a better car for me..today i went and drove the new GT3 2018 Manual thinking this is it, this will make me want to sell the Modena...and i was dissapointed, of course its an amazing car, but it was just too "new" too "perfect" the sound wasn't really there...driving home in the Modena afterwards i was so happy banging that gated shifter and hearing the italian symphony out the rear with my challenge race exhaust.

3. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Tarek, I think you hit the nail on the head. I’ve been wondering myself why I keep going back to the Gated 360. I’m now on my 4th one! My first coupe. Don’t get me wrong. I still love my other cars but this coupe just does it for me. It’s age and simplicity is what I love about it. Just raw, visceral fun with a sound and experience that keeps on giving.

Trouts10 and one4torque like this.
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn Karting

Jul 10, 2019
    Springfield, MA
    Full Name:
    J
    May I ask, why did you need to buy 4 of them? Were you selling them and then buying another? Did you own several of them at the same time? If so, why?

5. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    J, good question and the answer has no logical basis. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed owning each one of them. The first 3 were Gated Spiders. This new one is a coupe which is a completely different driving experience. The thing that’s pretty great about these cars is that you can drive them for a few years and ultimately get most of your money back when you sell them. For me I’d rather enjoy driving special cars than looking at the money in the bank. It provides a wonderful therapeutic benefit for me. As I said no logical basis, none of us “needs” to own any of these cars. It’s a lifestyle choice and one I’m fortunate enough to satisfy. I also own a 458 Italia and the combination of a Gated shifter Ferrari plus its more modern supercar successor is just about perfect. Bottom line is I’m in the 12 step program but apparently it’s not working:)

Mikael-F360, Robb and ml65 like this.
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn Karting

Jul 10, 2019
    Springfield, MA
    Full Name:
    J
    Were you buying and selling them and then buying another one? Or were you owning them simultaneously?

The 458 is among the top of my wanted list. It’s the closest production to a hotwheel car!

7. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    I didn’t own them simultaneously. I did however have a 550 Maranello at the same time as one of the 360s. The 458 is on a different level, actually so different than any other car I’ve driven or owned. It’s very special and imho will go down as one of the greatest Ferraris ever produced.

8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn Karting

Jul 10, 2019
    Springfield, MA
    Full Name:
    J
    I always thought that if they ranked Ferrari’s for their contemporary period, the 458 would be at the top.

One day I will add that to the stable.

Graz likes this.
  9. rossyl

rossyl Rookie

Jun 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Flipping heck...having paid £62k inc premium, thy are now selling it for £80k!!!!!

https://lyndhurst.ferraridealers.com/en_gb/search-used-ferrari/2003/ferrari/360_spider/2003_ferrari_360_spider-meridien_modena%20ltd-ZFFYT53C000132519

10. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    What...

Marking up a car to make cash...

What....?

:D

Robb

11. rossyl

rossyl Rookie

Jun 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ross
    30% (£18k) is some mark up. Even allowing for profit and the cost of a warranty

12. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    They can ask... might not sell for that.

13. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Noted on the description...
    "By starting with a clean sheet of paper in designing the 360 Modena, Ferrari and its partner, Pininfarina, succeeded in surpassing the acclaimed F355, the new car attracting superlatives that put even its illustrious predecessor in the shade."

I do like the 360 looks but I'm not sure the general consensus would agree with this. Certainly not in the shade.
    Sold for £62k. Not all bad.

14. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    you might be in the wrong forum! I think just about everyone here would agree... I think the 360 is the best looking Ferrari V8 ever! The interior is uniquely awesome in the post carburated V-12 era.

I will admit, the 355 looks MUCH better in person than in photos.

15. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I own both F355 and 360

The 355 has my heart forever and takes the triple crown for styling, wheels, and noise...

The 360 gets my nod for better build on many parts (but not door latches) and very engaging drive with lower down grunt. I’m a big fan of the slightly different CS exterior.

Similar dna. Both very cool and a fun ownership experience - especially if you work on the sticks yourself...

Robb

MalcQV, ml65 and one4torque like this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

17. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
  18. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD

to be honest, neither of them are what I would call pristine for what low mileage they are. I can honestly say, I think they 39,000 2003 is in better shape the both of these!

19. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Maybe but as fchaters we kinda see our cars as sometimes worth more than market!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

67bmer likes this.
  20. Gaius

Gaius Rookie

Nov 30, 2019
    Full Name:
    A Nonymous
    What do you think of this rebuilt 04?

10,900 miles is great and it supposedly needs nothing but then there's the title brand....

Any thoughts on price for a rebuilt like this?

21. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
    Yikes. The description doesn't explain why it has a rebuilt title. Price seems $10-15k too high for something with a big black mark on its history.

22. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    That car has been discussed in multiple threads. It has been said that the seller is not being up front on what really happened to the car with most buyers running away once they understand it’s background.

Lot of other cars without the baggage.

Robb

23. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Close! The 330 P4 has better curves.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

24. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    I should have been more precise - road/consumer V8s!

I use to know this stuff backwards and forwards when I was a kid! I thought the race cars were V-12s. My favorite was the 250LM which I feel the 360 borrowed from.

Thomas S. likes this.