Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market | Page 99 | FerrariChat

Gated Manual 360 Coupes - Modena Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kevin Rev'n, Apr 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Talking to some people in the business today.... suggesting a bubble..... what-says-you folks?

Anyone on the fence about driving their car vs sitting on it.... and possible sell?

If these creep up towards 180k.... i'll probably enjoy the $ more than the car. (blasphemy?)

2. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    The runup in prices has made me entertain the thought, but every day they make more and more dollars but zero cars that drive like a manual 360.

one4torque, carnutdallas and sherpa23 like this.
  3. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Yup wife says if you sell .. you will regret it.

problem is my long term ls swap m3 is getting faster and better handling.. eclipsing the 360… so I’ll have to see if the other intangibles keep my heartstrings

4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    We can all see the direction that the "people crafting the messages" want the world car market to go. I'm not convinced they will win quickly but there is a tough battle ahead. They would have the end of the ICE and immersive driving as a past time. As long as there is gas available I can't see the desire for these cars shrinking going forward. Makes me think that the value will not decline and only go up, until such a time as manual shift, naturally aspirated engines are made in abundance again. I think the new GT3 is selling more units in manual than PDK IIRC.

I've thought about selling mine because I am aging and it's just more difficult to drive with a stiff neck and back, then I get some open road and forget all about that!lol

5. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    As they become worth more and more $$$$ it becomes more tempting to sell. But what am I going to replace it with? A 911 GT3 touring?

It's a great car. But I own the 360 in full and the GT3 is well.. its a great DD. I'd like to add it on personally and not sell the 360. Now if it goes to $200k.. lol.

one4torque likes this.
  6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    If you would enjoy the money more than the car then why do you have it?

If you don’t love something then why have it?

one4torque, 67bmer and patina like this.
  7. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
    Boom? Yes. Bubble? No.

Bubble is only possible when there is infinite inventory. Obviously that is not the case.

robertjskelton and one4torque like this.
  8. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    #2458 67bmer, Mar 29, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
    For me, it's an aspiration, a dream come true. My timing was impeccable!! I bought a gated car because I was cheap and wanted a simpler car to maintain. There is nothing I enjoy more than making my "in need of TLC" better and better while enjoying the experience of maintaining, owning, driving, and meeting others with it. Six years later, I still go out in the garage and find something to restore to OEM or just sit in it for a few minutes...

I really can't say how inflation will play out, but as long as it's <$500k I will drive it! After that it all depends...

Kevin Rev'n, sherpa23 and one4torque like this.
  9. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    LOL - I picture you as a Magnum PI in the late '70s or early 2020s driving around the isle...

Kevin Rev'n and one4torque like this.
  10. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
    Well I traded my 03 360 Spider 6 speed manual to Motorcars of Atlanta.
    They don't know what they have, so if you're looking for one, check it out.
    Full service history. It's really well sorted.

Again, I don't have a dog in this fight as I traded it (not consigned it).
    Just telling folks as a service to the community.

11. ml65

ml65 Karting

Jun 22, 2009
    Farmingdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Mike L.
    I think the number of verde cars produced was like 1%, probably a handful at best, I remember a spider that sat on the market a few years ago at 115k, you couldn’t give it away.

one4torque likes this.
  12. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Looks like a very nice car for the $, although I find it amusing that they refer to it as a "360 Modena Spider" (emphasis supplied).

carnutdallas likes this.
  13. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I looked back at my invoice in 2018 I traded in my c63 in on my 01 gated modena…. Paid 90.
    My gut thought it would dep slower than the c63…., Boy was I right!

14. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    I didn't realize F355s were establishing >$200K territory!

Already bid to $225K will become the second 355 to cross the 200 threshold...
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1996-ferrari-f355-gts-3/

It looks spectacular!! Incredibly clean!!

If the gated 430s are >$300 and the gated 355s are >$200, then the 360s must be a gated bargain...

15. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I feel like the 360 kind of got ripped off by not offering a targa option. Porsche=targa option=crazy appreciation.
    I am a coupe person through and through but I am really fond of the 308/328/355 for this choice.

The 360 is a bargain! I've heard it said that so many potential buyers got burned by their dealers at the time that a bad blood feeling got attached to the model. People also say that the 430 is the car that the 360 was meant to be. I like the looks of the 430 but I don't think for a second it is a better car in the Ferrari sense of things. I think the 360 will fall into a sense of place at some point. All Ferrari cars made after contain some elements of a Ferrari/Lambo mash up to me. When I look at mine I see a Ferrari/Ferrari mash up. Hang in there me hearties, if you like your car and you like how it drives, you already won and the rest of the world will catch up at some point.

16. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Some people act like the 360 was produced for 1 yr had poor sales and flopped.. only to be face lifted to the f430 and succeed.

the sales numbers do not support that…

each successive model after a 5 yr run has to improve in some way and has to look different (unless you are Porsche).

Kevin Rev'n likes this.
  17. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    Not trying to distract from the topic, but since you mentioned a targa... Ferrari just introduced a new targa, the 296 GTS! According to Ferrari its actually a spider with a retractable hard top, I think. "Ferrari’s mid-rear-engined two-seater berlinetta spider concept"
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

And then the 296 GTB Assetto Fiorano is a GTB shown with and without a top... Why you would call it a GTB if the top comes off?

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I am sure they will be discussed in their own thread.

Kevin Rev'n likes this.
  18. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    The 360 was a huge sales success. You went from being able to walk into a dealer and taking a car home to huge waiting lists, pay to play, and flippers. When the spider was introduced, it blew peoples minds. Huge premiums on the secondary market became the norm.

It’s also the last of the classic Ferrari engine architecture introduced with the Dino V6. With the F430, they went from the high revving, high hp but lower torque motors to very torquey V8s optimized for the F1 transmission. That’s partly why the manual on the 360 is so well suited to that configuration.

I had an F430 for several years alongside my 360 and I always preferred the 360. I ultimately sold the F430 but still have the 360. I think I’m coming up on 10 years with the 360.

19. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
  20. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    Prabjot likes this.
  21. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Well bought on that BaT 360. Giallo and interior were the low bid factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one4torque likes this.
  22. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
  23. FatMike

FatMike Karting
    Silver Subscribed