Gathering at Autumn View Farm - Sunday, September, 12th (The 2010 Edition) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Gathering at Autumn View Farm - Sunday, September, 12th (The 2010 Edition)

Discussion in 'New England' started by AVFPolo, Aug 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SLK_Roy

SLK_Roy Rookie

Oct 20, 2008
    Naugatuck, CT
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Ed / Sandy, My wife and I would love to join in again this year...a great group of people to drive and play with.

Roy

2. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Eric J
    I've adjusted the head count. Thanks for the update.

Roy
    I've added you and your wife to the guest list.
    Looking forward to seeing another green car at the event.

- Ed -

3. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    When is the call on the weather? looking iffy now :(

4. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hi All,

Sandy and I have been closely monitoring the weather forecast. Long range right now is calling for widely scattered showers beginning in the afternoon and heavier precip towards evening.

We have decided, for multiple reasons, to continue with the event as scheduled this Sunday, September 12th.

All we can do now is hope that the forecast holds or perhaps even improves. I'll send a pm to SaintBastage to see if he can do anything to improve Sunday's weather.

- Ed -

5. noodle

noodle Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Ct
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Eric J -

Rt 190 has been paved through Somers. I haven't driven the whole thing but it's nice for the distance that I have.

I'll see you at the traffic circle of Rt 190 and Rt 32 in Stafford by 10:15 on Sunday.

Eric

6. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    I'm out:(

I sent AVFPolo an e-mail with details - have fun!

7. Lotus Man

Lotus Man Karting

Dec 9, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Will
    #32 Lotus Man, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
    Ed, Kate and I look forward to joining the festivities on Sunday.

I just realized I RSVPed via my work e-mail, and don't have access to it where I am right now.

If you could please e-mail me the address, including the Eastern MA caravan information, to my personal account:

[email protected]

We'd really appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.

Best,
    Will & Kate

'03 Lotus Esprit V8

8. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #33 Saint Bastage, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    I spoke with the Big Guy. He slid the rain a little later but didn't seem happy about it. Apparently its a pretty big hassle to reschedule stuff. I'm gonna need a few "Our Fathers" with an emphasis on "Hallowed be thy name" from everyone to ease it a little.

9. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Well I had a nice little chat Ma Nature last night and she was more than happy to push the waterworks off till around dark. No problemo. See ya gotta talk to the woman about these things.... :)

10. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I've always had problems with middle management...especially that one. If she'd have known I wanted good weather, rest assured, we'd have been wet. I'm glad you have a good relationship with her but frankly, I find her a bit unpredictable.

11. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Yes she is but I guess I just have a better way with women. Let's see if she keeps her word :D

12. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    SaintB and Prova85,

I don't know whether or not either (or both) of you guys have a connection with the weather gods but the forecast for tomorrow is looking decidedly more favorable !!!

Thanks for putting in a good word.

- Ed -

13. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hi All,

A. Almanac says rain but SaintB and Prova85 have interceded with the weather gods and tomorrow's weather is looking better by the hour.

B. Balloon - Too windy tomorrow so we'll have pass on the hoped for hot air balloon rides.

C. Cars - Current confirmed is at 40

D. David Feinberg (FastRadio) will again be making the trip down from the 'Live Free or Die' state. This will provide a perfect opportunity to pick his brain to solve all those little problems that we know plague our limited production vehicles. David's been in the exotic car service and consultation business for almost 30 years. He's helped out many an Fchatter. He's an EE/ME and also has extensive experience with other marques. If you have any topics that you would like a tech talk on now is the time to ask. Or if you are very shy, like Saint Bastage, then just speak to David personally. Now is the time - carpe diem my friends.

E. I don't have a clever quip for 'E' so I'll just use the space to add this note.
    Note the driveway is gravel and all are welcome, encouraged actually, to drive on the lawn same as last year to prevent stone chips on wonderful paint jobs. Please feel free to pull onto the lawn at the right hand side of the gravel drive and proceeed to the back of the house for parking.

F. F is for fun - Remember that this is why you bought this darned car (bike) to begin with. Let's get out and enjoy them.

G. Golf cart polo - Carts are being delivered this evening. Play shall commence approximately 1:00. And for those that have not played before and don't know the rules; you need not worry as there are apparently no rules in golf cart polo.

Also need to worry about cars being in close proximity to the polo field. We'll be parking display cars and bikes on the lawn behind the house same as last year. Approximately one third of the polo field will be used for golf cart polo and that is about 600 feet from the vehicle parking area. Now if someone can hit a polo ball 600 feet then I want to speak to them about playing on my team next season. Also, for safety and better competition, we will be using an ARENA type polo ball which is inflatable, not solid, and is about the size of a softball. No dents, no broken windshields, no bruises and a much larger ball makes hitting easier.

H. Horses are ready for horse treats and photo ops, especially Mr Personality, PF Pegasus. He was formerly in the employ of United Artists Studios but, alas, he is now just another out of work actor. Sorry no horse rides tomorrow. Horses will be highly stimulated with all the extra activity.

All for now,
    - Ed -

14. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #39 Saint Bastage, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    Ed...tried to call but I'm sure you are busy doing preps. Jenner and Kristen will be joining us tomorrow on short notice. They were trained as route leaders today for FWoods and will be joining the GBury caravan riding in a GT-R.

Jenner...If you've logged on and found this yet...welcome aboard.

See Ya Tomorrow

15. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    SaintB,

The more the merrier!
    Preparations are nearly completed.

We'll see all of you tomorrow morning.

- Ed -

16. Jenner

Jenner Rookie

Sep 11, 2010
    CT
    Lane great to see you again today. Thanks for the hook up for tomorrow and the warm welcome on F-chat. Kristin and I are looking forward to it as well as meeting Ed!

17. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I'm heading up tomorrow, but not sure I'll be able to meet the crew in GB. If I can get there by 9:30 I'll see you for the drive, if not I'll go direct to AVF. vroom vroom!!!

18. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Sweet, your car is my favorite.

19. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane

DUDE....Which car?

20. StreamlineGT

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    I'd like to thank Ed for the great gathering. What a great time I had. Thanks to Lane for getting us there in one piece. Jay, thanks for getting me out there on the field. I had a blast in the cart. We'll have to do it again, sometime. Nice meeting those of you whom I hadn't prior. Pics to come...

Joe, you may have turned me from a 328 to a TR lover. My wife, I'm sure, will thank you.

21. Enfield Joe

Enfield Joe Karting

Oct 19, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thank you again Sandy & Ed. It just gets better & better every year. You both are truly great hosts. Ed, I was disappointed when you were unable to get the hot air balloon, but that F-15 flyover you arranged really made up for it. Thanks again and we'll see you in Glastonbury. Colleen & Joe

22. StreamlineGT

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    #47 StreamlineGT, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. Mikety

Mikety Karting

Oct 26, 2009
    CT
    Thank you Ed and Sandy for the great day and gathering of friends. Pictures/video will be posted asap.

24. StreamlineGT

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
  25. StreamlineGT

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon