360 - Gear Release Failed | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 Gear Release Failed

Discussion in '360/430' started by Michael39GGT, May 14, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael39GGT

Michael39GGT Karting

Jan 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael Baganz
    brake switch on/off works

clutch position travel 17.1, i switch to 1st gear 10,7 and back to 17.1

it sucks a full battery empty in some minutes when i try to start... and voltage only 11,5 V. the starter dont get enough power. later i will check the wire at the starter. maybe corrusion. Or the brake fluid sensor ?

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Does engine turn or nothing at all

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

3. Michael39GGT

Michael39GGT Karting

Jan 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael Baganz
    #28 Michael39GGT, May 19, 2024
    Last edited: May 19, 2024
  4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    That looks like a very weak battery , bad starter or clutch is engaged in gear (which should happen with the safe triggers in you)

5. Michael39GGT

Michael39GGT Karting

Jan 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael Baganz
    yes but battery is brand new.
    starter: the car have 48.000km..
    the clutch is bleeded three times.

i see that issue like you...

6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    If you charge the battery overnight, is it still 11.5 volts? Or is it 11.5 volts during cranking. Or is it 11.5 volts after cranking for several minutes?

7. Michael39GGT

Michael39GGT Karting

Jan 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael Baganz
    your question i will answere, when i charged the battery over night and did the meassure.

Qavion likes this.
  8. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Bad connection on battery ?
    Although new maybe needs to be fully charged ?

9. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Also you can lift car and rotate both rear tires at the same time and see if you can (neutral)

10. Michael39GGT

Michael39GGT Karting

Jan 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael Baganz
    #35 Michael39GGT, May 19, 2024
    Last edited: May 19, 2024
    i will do. i also think its someting about the clutch. but what can i do ? bleeding: diag tester, function start, and always open/close the bleeding screw. its right yes ? the clutch block dont lose fluid, i put the updated block in that car. by the way, in the tcu is no DTC. thanks for your helping hand guys...

11. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Then there is something wrong with your new battery or battery connections as Dominick said... or there is something wrong with your charger... or you have a "parasitic drain". Did you have a charging issue before your gearbox issues?

A bad siren battery shouldn’t deplete the battery overnight, especially with the charger plugged in. How is the charger attached to the car? Is it directly connected to the battery or to the terminals behind the left hand seat? Did you have your battery cutoff switch in cutoff by mistake during charging?

12. Michael39GGT

Michael39GGT Karting

Jan 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael Baganz
    i put the battery out and charged it in the house.. f1 transmission: i did all seals new in the actuator... some new pipe protectors and so on. the old tcu i was not able to connect by the diag tool, so i put eric his cs tcu in the car for fastshifting and most important, that i have access with my launch x431 to the tcu. before i had no problems with the car

13. Michael39GGT

Michael39GGT Karting

Jan 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael Baganz
    Issue found: the siren. i charged the battery, the car started once, and then not anymore. i put off the eletctric connection of the siren, the car starts better like ever before. Now i will open the siren. But a last question: why i can not change the clutch in config ? it still is on 17.11mm

by the way the cars drives forward and backward. it seems to me that all works. the car dont have a plate number, so i can not drive in ****ing germany for a test drive. fine for this: 2000 Euro at the court then. Welcome in ****ing germany.

14. Michael39GGT

Michael39GGT Karting

Jan 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael Baganz
  15. Michael39GGT

Michael39GGT Karting

Jan 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael Baganz
    a last questiion: is it possible without the allignment tool the actuators finger set correct ? somebody have some data in mm what the finger needs to have ?

16. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Don't know the answer ..but there is a data field in the data stream "Delta gearbox /actuator centering " that can shed light in where you stand

17. modificator

modificator Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Apr 12, 2020
    Florida
    Full Name:
    George
    Yes it should be possible. I have the tool (actually two copies of the tool :). The tool allows to set it up very precisely, to a fraction of a mm. You can get the tool from Ferrari or from Hill Engineering.

But if you don't have the tool, you should be able to get "close enough" by hand to drive the car (at least until you get the tool :). There is a detent pin, which puts the shaft and the fingers in the neutral between gear 3 and 4.When the detent pin is engaged, the middle finger should be in the middle between the two side fingers. This you can align just by looking and centering it. The angle is more difficult. I'm away and can't check it now (maybe someone else can quote more precisely), but from memory, put a flat stiff piece of something like plastic or metal which is about 3mm thick flat on the face of actuator and tighten the center bolt when the edge of one of the double finger touches the surface of that flat, to get close to the correct angle. Or use protractor - angle measuring tool to set the finger angle (copy angle from a known good actuator or maybe someone has a number handy).

flash32 likes this.
  18. modificator

modificator Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Apr 12, 2020
    Florida
    Full Name:
    George
    And I've disassembled a few sirens and most look like yours after several years. Best to just unplug them as a preemptive measure before they cause any trouble.

19. Michael39GGT

Michael39GGT Karting

Jan 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael Baganz
    i have the start proble again ((( 13.1 V = starter turn the engine. 12.8V = starter dont have enough power to turn the engine. Seems to be that i have to unscrew and disassemble the starter. maybe the mangnetic starter switch, or, the carbon brushes. that with around 50tkm ... ? strange. bad contacts i will agree, but carbon brushes.... no way.

20. Michael39GGT

Michael39GGT Karting

Jan 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael Baganz
    my starter i opened... contacts not lookig good. somebody knows where i can buy that magnetic switch contacts to rebuild it ? Pictures i will send tomorrow.

21. Michael39GGT

Michael39GGT Karting

Jan 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael Baganz
    #46 Michael39GGT, May 24, 2024
    Last edited: May 24, 2024
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

somebody knows where i can buy that big contact ? i found only smaler ones. The starter is good. I measured the winding. the carbon is over 1 cm, so like new. This starter is so sturdy, I think it's indestructible. very good, old quality. the big contact lost his material on side.. the contact touch the round cooper contact only around 45/50 %. Copper was removed on the right side

22. Michael39GGT

Michael39GGT Karting

Jan 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael Baganz
    the contacts i nicely cleaned -no difference....

23. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    What's the manufacturer part number on the starter? (not the Ferrari part number)

I bought a F355 (Denso) starter repair kit from Repairkits UK

https://www.repairkitsuk.com/

24. Michael39GGT

Michael39GGT Karting

Jan 1, 2021
    Full Name:
    Michael Baganz
    #49 Michael39GGT, May 26, 2024
    Last edited: May 26, 2024
    the issue i found... the car's battery get a bad ground contact. just need to find the end of the BAT GND contact...

i connected for a test a jumper cable from the bat gnd to the gnd contact behind the drivers seat - the car starts and the hydraulic pump is also working faster. you can hear this easily.

Last but not least... the gears i can switch all up... but not down.

3 down to 2
    5 down to 4 is impossible. it goes in neutral. selfelearn did. any reasons for this ?

and, the clutch wear i can not set. its set automaticaly on 17.13mm

25. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Maybe pis is too tight