Gearbox light on dashboard and gear issue | FerrariChat

Gearbox light on dashboard and gear issue

Discussion in '612/599' started by odf911, Aug 20, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Has anyone ever had an issue with gearbox? The gearbox light is on and I can’t seem to be able to go higher than second gear … R is also no issue. Also not sure it is linked but the car refused to close with the key so had to do it manually… thanks for any insight.

2. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Quick update … I disconnected the battery for a while and connected back. I did not drive but started the car a few times and the fault has definitely left the dashboard. Also the lithium battery that did not charge properly whilst plugged into a CTek is now going through the charging cycle without any issue … not sure what happened but I suspect ECU reset fixed both problems. Hopefully the fault does not come back when I drive next!

3. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    I had a similar issue with my 575.
    Be certain the battery is fully charged.
    Be certain the hydraulic fluid in the F1 system is topped off

if that doesn’t work, let us know.

4. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Thank you, the battery now fully charged and kept at 13.4v by the charger. I will get the F1 system checked as you suggested.

5. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I drove yesterday. Issue has disappeared for now. I changed the CTek battery charger for a new Noco charger. Also the car has a lithium battery …

brogenville likes this.