Geneva Motor Show last night | FerrariChat

Geneva Motor Show last night

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by vanimal, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
    Highlights, thoughts and observations from my visit to the Geneva Motor Show last night. This place still knocks the socks of anything we show in the UK, Earls Court and the NEC offerings are a distant 3rd world offering, but to the cars. I have read so many comments on how bad the 612 was and was understandably apprehensive, BUT, it’s a very sexy, very sensuous car. Stand and look at it for a while, it grows on you. Take a walk around it to get a feel for its dimensions, its perfect, it looks a lot shorter than the Quattroporte and the long bonnet is stunning. Interestingly all the 360’s where displayed in Black, a nice change and the 575’s in Rosso and no Enzo – bad move Ferrari. There were many many more people around the Ferrari & Maserati stands than the opposition, good sign. We then went over to the Maserati stand to see the two MC12’s, what a car, the finish on the racer in blue was amazing with the carbon still visible beneath the shiny blue gel coat, definitely the star of the 2 stands – If I have the means and you could buy one I would have signed the paper last night. It IS A Large large car, especially in comparison to the ex Le Mans Bentley on show. But enough, some pictures. Final thoughts, the Quattroporte is a real comfy driving tool, you fit like a glove, the Lamo motors are huge, could probably double as an anchor, and who the hell decided to dress the poor Ferrari and Maserati girls in those white coveralls that are al least 4 sizes to large, bad bad idea. The Porsche GT - very understated, almost no one looked at it and having it tucked away at the back of the porsce stand was a bit daft. Yje Maclaren SLR looks good, but lacks its own identity. Great 4 screen and telemetry footage of Hans Stuchk (spelling??) doing a lap of the nurburgring in mid 8 minutes, the rear wing generates up to 200kg downforce under braking and the brake temperature gets up to 960c in most hard corners, amazing footage just love the rear wing.

2. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
  3. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
    THe last few - I have high res of these on file, if you want PM me.

4. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
    Oh yeah, poor spelling apologies and forgot to mention no one was paying much attention to the Carrera GT.

5. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    I just love the Maserati MC12!!
    looking forward to the FIA GT races

6. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    Very soon here they'll be making toilet paper from carbon fiber.

7. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    nice pics!! ... first thought that Maserati was a messed up F50 :confused: but it looks fast! :)

8. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Good job on the pics, very professional. The MC12 looks great! Looks like some serious blind spots. The Italian's never seem to top out their design ideas imo.