george clooney to play MAGNUM in film | Page 2 | FerrariChat

george clooney to play MAGNUM in film

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by chaa, Nov 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Cath,

beautiful smile with nice teeth by the way

2. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    This movie is going to tank big time if they don't use the original cast. Their biggest mistake was waiting this long. WHY?? They should have done the movie in '88 when the show ended.

Regardless, I think Magnum would like to drive a 550 Barchetta, the 360 spider is too "common" for him! LOL

3. castex

castex Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Rouen, France
    Full Name:
    Thomas Daniels
    This is a great bit of casting. The essential factor when choosing a Selleck replacement is that he must be a good-looking dude who knows how to laugh at himself. Clooney is highly qualified in both respects - have you seen 'Intolerable Cruelty' or 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou'? The Coen brothers know how to pick actors, and Clooney is one who seems to delight in not conforming to expectations. The only remaining questions must be:

Does he have the eyebrow articulation that this role demands?
    - Wait and see.

Can he do a moustache?
    - Yes he can.

What about his little friends?

TC: - Ving Rhames or Wesley Snipes
    Rick: - Phillip Seymour Hoffman (Boogie Nights / Magnolia)
    Higgins: - Um, Hopkins? Ian Holm? James Earl Jones?
    Car - 550 Barchetta, definitely.

4. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I was hoping for Tom Selleck also.

5. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    Hollywood idiots may as Tom Sellek to play an extra in the movie somewhere..

What a kick in the pants....

6. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    What's the story on the movie remake anyway? Is it for real?

7. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
    On a related matter to this...does anyone know if the reruns are being aired right now? Also, anyone know if the old episodes are available on DVD?

8. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i know someone in BEST BUY head quarters that deals with aquisitions, video / audio ( media) stuff. i asked her about Magnum dvd's a few months ago and she said that they are in the works..... whatever that means. i bet they will suddenly appear when the movie get close to release.
    ps the " ATEAM" and " AIRWOLF" the helicopter show were mentioned by her as well.

9. GuardsRed

GuardsRed Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Sam

And a lot better looking.

10. McLaren_boy

McLaren_boy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    ATL but NOLA is home
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    550 Barchetta, black. Who cares about the 'star' of the movie when we all know the real star will be the Ferrari. :)

11. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

All this bickering abt Clooney, and how Hollywood shoulda cast Selleck... do we even know if Selleck was offered the part and declined? Maybe he read the script and said PASS.

12. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    He is no Magnum, and he SUCKS.

13. Mr_ferrari

Mr_ferrari Guest

OK here is my two cents worth… “Clooney SUCKS”, he SUCKED in ER, he SUCKED in Batman… My two year old nephew can probably act better than Mr. Clooney. When I heard that Clooney will play Magnum, Hollywood has to be joking. For years Magnum Fans like myself, were hoping that a new Magnum movie would happen BUT with the original cast including Tom Selleck…. As far as what type of Ferrari to use, I would like to see Magnum (Selleck) to be driving either a 360 or 328. Anything newer and exotic would not fit the part… “HOLLYWOOD” GET TOM SELLECK! You would be doing us all a favor including yourself!!!!

Rob

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    IMO, Clooney is cool

He was cool in "Ocean 11", in "from dusk till dawn" and in that new movie with Zeta jones.

Selleck would be cooler still.

15. castex

castex Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Rouen, France
    Full Name:
    Thomas Daniels
    Selleck would be driving his ferrari to collect his pension, and parking in the disabled bay, to boot. He's older than my Dad...What image of Ferrari drivers are we trying to get across here; the real one?!

16. Goggles Pisano

Goggles Pisano Karting

May 22, 2002
    Who will play TC? My money's on Bernie Mac.

17. Jason

Jason Karting

Dec 1, 2001
    Clooney disgusts me. It's funny, when you really dislike a Hollywood celeb in real life you just can't separate the actor from the character when watching their films. If Clooney's political rantings weren't offensive enough, when he was giving a speech at an awards ceremony he made jokes about Charlton Heston's alzheimers. All because he disagrees with Heston over gun laws. That was it for me, I can't stand Clooney the scumbag anymore. Hopefully he'll get some terrible disease and someone will make jokes about him.

18. Mr_ferrari

Mr_ferrari Guest

Yeah, Charlton Heston is another actor I really like and support his believes. I too enjoy shooting and fully support our freedom to bare arms. To cap on someone's disability "What-a-jerk"... More to dislike Clooney all together! I bet Tom Selleck told Hollywood where they can stick it...

19. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    He still SUCKS.

20. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Cool pic Catherine! Clooney will be pretty cool I suspect. He definately should be driving an open-top. 360 or 355 Spider, or possibly an F50 if they want to go all out.

I'd still like to see Tom, but it'd just be depressing to see how he's aged.

Best!
    Ben.

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Well, my people were just contacted by his people, and if the money works out, ill take the role as the bad guy. Ive got my Nitrous tanks filled, put on all my gold chains, polished up the presidential rolex and put on my Hawaiian Shirt for my headshots. Im ready to pilfer the poor people of Hawaii. Bring it on Clooney! I see an Oscar in my future!

22. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #47 allanlambo, Nov 27, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  23. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    The 550 Barchetta is the car!

DL

24. Trinacria

Trinacria Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Baldassare Guzzo
    Agree with Joey, Clooney is a looser!
    Allan - LOL on the picture!

25. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
    I agree !!

Magnum without Selleck and the lads, especially Higgy is just another ****e film !