Ginetta North America series | FerrariChat

Ginetta North America series

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by sainthoo, Mar 24, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
  2. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    The car is awesome to drive- well balanced. Selling a few on the East coast, bunch out west (Spring Mountain), few in Texas.

Plan is to race at Spring Mountain this winter.
    Travel a bit on the East Coast in 2023 (based out of VIR in 2022).

Ryan S., BJK and mdrums like this.
  3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    G56 series is a run group in NASA? If yes does it race a g56 series at say a series of nasa event around country? Did they hold to the $100k buy in on the g56?

4. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    They run in “ST1” because there is no class for them and no one runs ST1- so it is a class for the Ginetta at the moment. Also, we run Ginetta only races on Friday.

We will run in SVRA at VIR in October (looking forward to seeing all that cool hardware). Rules require us to run slicks- I look forward to that. Also, gonna go ahead and put the engine tune on- 300HP.

Next year we will most likely run slicks and 300HP (currently using street tires and 260HP).

Yes they held for everyone that signed up, but now the price is up to $120K.
    (There is a nice, gently used one with low miles someone could get for <$100K at VIR. Driver had aspirations that didn’t match reality- lapping at 2:20ish, the front of the pack is 2:06ish - street tires and 260HP).

If you or anyone is at all interested- get down to VIR. Kaizen will let you try one out. Full warning: you’ll probably love it and want it. I’ve driven a few different things on track in race trim at this point: BMWs, Porsches, 360 Challenge, Ariel Atom. Ginetta is my favorite at the moment. Not a torque monster, but beautifully balanced.

Anyone that wants to know more is free to reach out.
    Hope to have live on-board footage for SVRA at VIR in October (still working out that system).

boxerman likes this.
  5. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    What is the size of your fields at this point in the series development? Is there a site that tells more about the series and where the races will be or were for 2022 or 2023 (probably too early)?

6. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Fields have been 4-6 cars (small). If we can get 10+ it will be awesome. The winter series will be 15+? (plan is for 2 races at Spring Mountain- did this with the Ariel Atom, stayed in Vegas- awesome time, great to race in the winter when we are dead on East Coast).

Contact Kaizen: https://www.kaizenautosport.com/

7. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Probably unwise to post this:
    Schedule is off, but race should start at 4;45 (ish)
    Staring P3 overall, P1 in class (surrounded by higher HP, so start will be rough)

https://www.youtube.com/speedtourtv

GuyIncognito likes this.
  8. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Noon start today- same deal (P3 overall, P1 in class)

9. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Just ran VIR grand course (C &D Lightning Lap):
    2:46.8 (same time as a 911 Turbo S, #25 all time)- I could drop a couple seconds with more time.

mdrums likes this.
  10. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Here is some onboard at Road Atlanta- had to start dead last as I missed qualifying. Never had Ginetta at RA, no practice. So, driving is not great, but I manage 22-> 5, before bone head tossed it all away in the last corner.
    The cars are awesome.

11. lambchop

lambchop Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    great video. thanks for posting. was there friday and saw that group practice. not sure what the car is at around the 12 min mark, but man, in person, it looked super scary and insanely fast once it got pointed straight coming out of turn 7. Baby blue Camaro, too. not sure what happened at end of video but have a feeling you and the mustang found yourselves in the exact same spot at the exact same time.

12. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Black car was a “Devin(sp?)” never heard of it before.
    Sadly- Camaro went off at 6-7, not sure if it found wall or not.
    As for me, nope- just red mist. Missed 10-11 by a car width, rather than fight it- went straight, spun in grass on slicks.
    That Mustang had a terrible driver, also a lunatic. First complaint I have ever made to an official in 10+ years of racing.
    Corner workers called in that black Devin for blocking me/cutting me off. I don’t think it was intentional, but it was dumb- good way to get hurt.

13. lambchop

lambchop Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    yeah there were a few moves made by those two that made me a little squeamish...and no way would I want to find a barrier in that Devin. good on ya for not making contact.

sainthoo likes this.
  14. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Quite an interesting mix of cars. Road Atlanta is such a cool track.

15. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
  16. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    These things are great, just need more people racing.

Arrived late, missed qualifying, etc. Run down some other Ginettas and some M2 CS’s (450+ HP). Busy, but tremendous fun at VIR.

Series of a few quick laps at VIR

Devilsolsi likes this.
  17. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Racing with SVRA is pretty great- cool hardware, unbelievable coverage for family/friends.

18. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Are the fields growing? We have 21 spec corvette racers this weekend at a race after the season championship. Spec Corvette is like spec miata with horsepower.

19. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Meh- they are selling cars, but they are going all over the country. Racing is here on East Coast mostly. But, that is changing, slowly.

We have talked about doing multiple SVRA events this coming year (they really are the best amateur “show”). So, it boils down to NASA and SVRA. TBD.

20. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I bet the g56 is a great car. I would like something with sequential box and move away from 3 pedal antique gearbox. It's like someone still using a typewriter! NASA looked pretty good with the NP-01 but fields there faultered. The newer ND miatas with sequential boxes are plentiful at a low level pro level but are not classed well in SCCA with near zero racing them. I'm not a porsche guy so the cup car is out. I went back to 3 pedal C5 corvettes just to have some people to race at some reasonable speeds 380RWHP @ 3275lbs or 350RWHP @ 3425lbs depending on formula.

21. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Tested that NP-01. Complete POS compared to the Ginetta (transmission was especially crap and super, super cramped/small cockpit).

I hear you on competition - no matter what you are in, it is fun to have competition (no matter pointy end, mid pack or back marker). Glorified parade laps walking away with P1 sucks.

22. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Maybe that's why NP-01 never took off? It sounded like good idea and I think sadev gearboxes supposed to be good but maybe not in that configuration? I wonder how the sadev is in the MX-5 Miata ND2? The cars are pretty cheap but still not seeing any numbers in amateur racing.

23. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
  24. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex

Will you be running at all the SVRA events? That is a pretty big calendar. Hopefully I will make it out to one of the events to shoot photos. A few are pretty close by.

25. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I will definitely be at VIR, hope to be at the other Ginetta events (SVRA has cool hardware and is run very well- so I really like going )

Devilsolsi likes this.