Giovanni's replacement--ideas... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Giovanni's replacement--ideas...

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by atlantaman, Dec 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lumberman

Lumberman Karting

Jun 24, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will
    What a homo! I guess you don't like to see a little T&A.

2. Brian Skeoch

Brian Skeoch Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    oh come on.. we arent 20 years old. Hooters isnt good for a car show is it ? Unless you have a 1988 Montecarlo SS with a hurst shifter.

Brian

3. mwhitesell

mwhitesell Formula 3

Sep 17, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It's better than hanging around a strip mall, and the parking lot is car friendly. They also really appreciate having you there, unlike the Giovannis staff that makes you feel like they are really doing you a favor by waiting on you. The service there sucks.
    Although it's not for everyone, it is something fun and so far 7 Ferrari owners said they would come. So we will just have our own adult event there. I guess if you don't have a Ferrari to bring and don't really like girls in tight shorts, you wouldn't really understand the appeal.

Another idea is the Andretti speed lab in Roswell. They have alcohol, and parking for several hundred cars. We could also have cart racing. They love to have nice cars out there, and it would be very family friendly. The 88 Monte Carlo would be very handy there since they even have a blocked off section to do burnouts and doughnuts.

4. Brian Skeoch

May 26, 2005
    Andretti is always a blast. does Hooters really have the space for a Saturday gathering ?

I will go wherever the group decides to go.

5. Brian Skeoch

May 26, 2005
    really ? the Giovanni's service wasnt good ?

6. yellowjacketgto

Dec 29, 2007
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Robert M. Rittweger
    Brian I am going try to call Ken later this week and make sure the 19th is still cool (and I will let ya'll know, but shouldn't be a problem). Got about 8+ Goats coming so far, so will be good times.

Jeff - You gonna try to make it out man?

7. Brian Skeoch

May 26, 2005
  8. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    Sounds good Rob. I'll be there.

9. notbostrom

notbostrom Formula Junior

May 8, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ben and I'll be Moving to Blue Ridge Jan 11th +/-. Look forward to some meeting some new people and putting some miles on the 348.

10. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    Welcome Ben.

11. yellowjacketgto

Dec 29, 2007
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Robert M. Rittweger
    Yea welcome ben! You should try and make it out to our Jan 19th GTG if you can. Would be nice to meet you and see another ferrari out there, love the 348's!

12. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I do like Charles suggestion for Vinnings... there is a Mellow Mushroom right in the village area, with a deck, lots of parking ( usually full) and the food is basic pizza type italian.... If any interest I talk to the Manager. I dont know how busy they are on a Saturday evening.

13. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    While Hooters is not a culinary temple... neither is Giovannis... I think Hooters would actually work... it may be a bit more high profile due to location etc... so we may attract more attention than really wanted... but I would attend ... it would lop off 20 min of drive time for me!... can you drink in the parking lot? if my memory is correct the deck is kind of like a porch?

I would love Andretti for a meeting... karting and drinking... that would be fun!

14. MickOpalak

MickOpalak Karting

May 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mick Opalak
    I like the Andretti's idea the best so far. Huge parking lot and plenty of tables for those that want to eat and drink. The karting is just an added plus.

I don't know if I'm allowed to weigh in on this however as I don't own a Ferrari.

15. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    Mick,
    Didn't Giovanni's start with the Lotus club? It was never really about Ferraris. I think what makes it so cool is the broad array of marks that show up. I hope it continues to be an open event, appreciated and understood by all enthusiasts . . . even if they don't have a F-car (oooh the shame).

16. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    I couldn't have said it better , Rick!
    Well, maybe I could have !!!!!!

17. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    Hey Cuz, hope the new year went well for ya!

18. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    Oh YEA ! Survived another year!!!!!!!!!!!
    How 'bout you?

19. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    What happens in Sugar Hill stays in Sugar Hill. (That would be nothing). We made it through without a hangover!

20. MickOpalak

MickOpalak Karting

May 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mick Opalak
    Yes, I believe it was started by the Lotus club, but of course, its open to anyone who wants to show up.

21. yellowjacketgto

Dec 29, 2007
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Robert M. Rittweger
    Hey Mick guess I missed you in my email man, you gonna be able to make it to Giovanni's on the 19th?

22. MickOpalak

MickOpalak Karting

May 30, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mick Opalak
    Unfortunately no, not this month. On that day I'll be in Detroit for the big auto show.

23. yellowjacketgto

Dec 29, 2007
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Robert M. Rittweger
    o yea that's right, well catchya next month for sure!

24. masermartin

masermartin Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I hear ya on the Sugar Hill thing, but I did wake up with a headache on the 1st. It's sort of a standard for me.

25. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker