Girard-Perregaux Limited Edition F-Challenge Watch | FerrariChat

Girard-Perregaux Limited Edition F-Challenge Watch

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by RED 4RE, Dec 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RED 4RE

RED 4RE Karting

Jul 18, 2005
    CANADA
    I was recently given the opportunity to purchase a new/used limited edition Ferrari Challenge Girard-Perregaux watch. Only 25 of these watches were made for Car # 11 with an 18kt rose gold bezel with leather strap. Does anyone know what the approximate retail value of said watch may be?

RED 4RE

2. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    I own several GPs. Value is hard to judge, though, as there are so many different models. What I'm trying to figure out is why a Challenge car would have a tribute watch. Did car 11 win anything of note? It could just be a vanity watch, ordered up by the owner and given to his crew guys at the end of the season. Who knows? The more meaningful the accomplishment and story, the more valuable. Thus, the #33 FoW 360GT tribute watch would fetch a premium. Perhaps certain models (F40, for example) would, too. But, I'm not really sure who this watch would appeal to as a tribute.

On ebay, there are quite a few GPs available at significantly below retail prices. This may be the norm or an anomaly. However, in this environment, when hard-assets are trading at significant discounts, it wouldn't be a stretch to see mint condition at 50% of retail I should think.

CW