Girl Needs Help With Car Model ID!!!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Girl Needs Help With Car Model ID!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by brwneydgrl, Apr 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    I think the poster is a really cool idea. Get one that fits the budget and he will be really happy if he is a good guy. Nice thought!
    :)
    BT

2. modena2904

modena2904 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 6, 2007
    Ellicott City, MD
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I concur with the sentiments of a lot of the previous posters -- what's important here is the time and thought your are putting in to this, and your willingness to spend time to share with him something he's interested in. The actual gift itself almost doesn't matter.

- Eric

3. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    I would get him a 1:18 Scale GTO, and you a new teddy to give him the gift in. Problem solved.

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Buy the poster. He'll love it. Don't listen to the rest of these guys and their high $ gifts, they've forgotten what it's like to be broke and in college. There ARE differences in the early 60's GTO's, but if he loves one of them, he'll love all of them. The poster Ferraridude found has them all, it might be a good option.

A little off topic, but related, when I was 22 a girl I was dating bought me a Ferrari poster that is now known as 'Decisions, decisions'. It has a Ferrari 308, a girl, and a bottle of wine. That was 1983. The poster now hangs in my wine cellar, 24 years later. I have no idea what happened to the girl, but I remember her every time I see the poster.

5. ferrari_rich

ferrari_rich Karting

Oct 1, 2006
    Southampton, NY
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I'm curious, I worked with Bob Grossman years ago, and he always talked about racing, and while reading this posting I was wondering if the 250 GTO he drove is the 1964 version.

here's a pic http://www.virhistory.com/vir/64-apr/rg-6404/rg-6404-05.JPG

He was also an artist and had some great colored pencil drawings of the Ferrari's he drove. You might be able to google this to see if any are available. To have an original drawing by a well known Ferrari race car driver would be very nice! Especially of the 250 GTO. Here's a link to a sample of his work http://www.arteauto.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2505

Hope this helps

6. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I have the model..1:18.......PM sent....click on the underlined "Private Messages" in the grey RH box up there..

*pointing*

You can have it......if you don't find one....

Wriite me back, as to shipping info.....mine's the race version also......don't spend the $100, that's too much for you...good luck in school...

I hope he has a happy birthday.

Love to all,
    Tex

7. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    That's a 330 LMB

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Rich that's not a GTO at all, window/roof appears to be a SuperAmerica modified for competition, or a one off?

To OP, the '64s, as Napolis has pointed out, were the smallest quantity (4?) produced and not at all similar to the original iconic version (31? total).

It was really a precursor to the 250LMs the next year, roofline stylingwise......let me know....

I remember, I used to have a thoughtful girlfriend.............

G' morning Mr. G.......not doing every well today, only Buddy Guy's show tomorrow, has me holding on....hope all is well there.

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I looked yesterday, I have the plain one also.......let me know.

Maybe she bought the one, on eBay????

10. Friuli575M

Friuli575M Karting

Jan 25, 2008
    California
    #35 Friuli575M, Apr 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Here are some shots from the 45th Anniversary GTO Reunion. It is hosted by Moet-Chandon and was held at Infineon Raceway last October. It was an awesome experience for the GTO fan. Feel free to use them... I have more, let me know and I can post them in full resolution in case you want to make your own poster :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    First 2 photos are of a 1962 GTO and the 3rd shows a 1964 GTO. The last clearly shows the difference between the 2 models.

I'm a '62 fan myself ... even though I am nuts about the 250 LM.
    Pete

12. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

^^ The right answers.

13. Chuck Queener

Chuck Queener Karting

May 18, 2006
    brwneydgrl,

You should ask a friend to show you a '64 GTO. It's a very different body style. I have some rare prints if you are interested.

Chuck

14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Great pictures there Friuli575M: especially the 1964 GTO. Is that one painted Rosso China or something else?

There is a magazine called Car and Driver for April 1984 that has a story about both the 1964 250 GTO (a real one) and the 1964 Pontiac GTO. Some nice Ferrari GTO pictures there and probably less than $10 delivered from ebay.
    Cavallino Ferrari magazine issue #50 also has some nice pictures of a real 1964 Ferrari 250 GTO. Should be easy to find on ebay to.
    Good luck!
    CH

15. rcraig

rcraig F1 Rookie

Dec 7, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob Craig
    I don't want to add any more confusion, but the first poster of the Ferrari GTO is a replicar. Check the door handles. Bob

16. ckracing

ckracing Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I think he means a 1964 Pontiac GTO

17. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    you don't have to buy an expensive gift for it to be good. a car poster of his dream car definitely puts you into "keeper" territory.

18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    She hasn't been back to this thread since I offered to send her the model car!

I suppose she purchased that one from the linked Ebay auction......

I had it in a street and a race version...

19. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yeah, you just had to go and scare her off didnt ya.

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I am one scary m_____-f______er, especially late at night after a few drinks....LOL!

I think she bought the one on FleaBay, and was done with us...I have been out and about since Lady Valeria's gone and these new young ones have the attention span of a fruit fly.....:D