Giving drives to friends | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Giving drives to friends

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mhh, Mar 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cinquevalvole

cinquevalvole Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Germany, Bayern
    Right!
    Your 360 is just a car - because parts are still available from Italy.
    Just a case for the insurance when it's wrecked totaly. A new ordered 360 is shipped soon.
    But there are some 'objects' you cannot fix with money:
    Think about the rare 365 GTB/4, 275 GTS, 288 GTO etc ... and their spare parts. (passengers as well)
    Kill the 288 turbo engine and you will wait a XXL-time to get it back from your shop incl. invoice.
    Not the same with a 360 production car. The difference between cars and cars, friends and friends leads to consequences.

forza

cinquevalvole

2. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Last summer, a local F-40 owner told me he'd give one of my twins a ride at the next meeting (the other twin got a ride in another F-car). So, after the meeting, we go outside, I strap my kid in and tell him to hold on, close the door, turn around and he hands me the keys and say "You take him"....I was speachless....in fact, I left the other twin just standing there as I pulled away and didn't realize it until I came back!

That was my first time to drive a Ferrari.

3. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Jordan can track my car by himself as much as he was willing while I relaxed in the shade, cooling off enough to go out again.

Only 4 of my friends have driven my car to test it out.

Only 2 of my friends (different ones) because they had to. Once while shuffling cars for maintenance to the mechanics and the other time I had been drinking and was not driving back.

My Father has taken it out to dinner once and drove after my Grandfather's funeral because I was grieving.

Regardless of how expensive they are, I treat my cars the same, and my friends get equal opportunity.

The only person who gets to have my keys more than me, however, is my g/f. ;)

4. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Agree 100%