Glass cleaner ;) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Glass cleaner ;)

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Enzojr, May 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prugna

Prugna Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Unites States
    #26 Prugna, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. 1stFerrari@71

1stFerrari@71 Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2013
    Commerce, Texas
    Full Name:
    Joel Jacobs
    Agree 100%

3. bigblock427

bigblock427 Rookie

Sep 26, 2015
    Edmond, OK
    Full Name:
    Brent
    #28 bigblock427, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have been using Adam's products for years. All of the products are outstanding.

Their glass cleaning products are excellent. I highly recommend them.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Buck_nekid

Buck_nekid Rookie

Nov 5, 2005
    West Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Old post am I'm a lurker but this stuff is magic. Use a barely damp Terri cloth towel to apply. A little goes a long way. Rub it in like normal wax. Let it haze up then buff off. It makes glass invisible. Made by Gel Gloss Image Unavailable, Please Login loss. You find it in two different bottles. This:

peterp likes this.
  5. Buck_nekid

Buck_nekid Rookie

Nov 5, 2005
    West Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    peterp likes this.
  6. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    For ever what it is worth, I have seen several glazing shops that use Sprayway when they do new installations. My wife uses it on our glass tables and she likes it a lot. I am no longer that picky on doing my own detailing so water/alcohol and terry cloth and micro fiber towels work for me.

Newspaper is fine but messy on your hands. It was great when I was in the service and only thing available but I have moved on since then.

7. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Spray Away about $2 is available from Home Depot and so is ZEP window cleaner. I use ZEP and it is inexpensive and smells nice. ZEP is around $3. If I feel like smelling something else, I'll splurge for a $6 Griot's window spray. I also agree that a clay bar on the windshield and an occassional glass polish makes things a lot cleaner all around.

syata likes this.
  8. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding, But you actually use a buffer to buff even the inside of the windshield?

9. Buck_nekid

Buck_nekid Rookie

Nov 5, 2005
    West Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    No, you don't use a buffer. Wash the vehicle as normal. Then take a barely damp Terri cloth towel and apply a dime side portion of the wax. You hand rub it as you would a paint wax. Let it dry, it will appear hazy like wax on paint would. You then buff it off with a microfiber towel. Less is more with this product. It's truly magical.

10. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I’ve been using the Mothers stuff above but recently my wife picked up a bottle of the Sprayway from Home Depot. Tried them side by side and there was no detectable difference. Since the Sprayway stuff is cheaper, I’ll probably switch over to that.

11. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #36 peterp, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    A Prince Harry announces his engagement to what's-her-name, I'm sad to report that I am breaking up with Sprayway glass cleaner. :( :( :(

We had a great time while we were together, but I'm seeing other glass cleaners now. I guess the writing was on the wall from the very start. Then the writing was on my leather, then on my paint. Every time I used her, the writing was on something. I should have even seen it in her name, SPRAYway. As I look back, I feel so silly for not recognizing all the warning signs sooner. As a cleaner, she was great, but her nozzle sprays all over the place. Every time I sprayed her on the outside window, she coated the surrounding body work -- on the interior, she got all over the leather. With regard to spraying, she turned out to be the Oscar Madison to my Felix Unger. I'll always have fond memories of her, and I may still use her for house windows, where I can clean the entire side of the house at the same time from her overspray, but she is not "the one" for me.

Not wanting to waste any time getting back in the game, I had a fling last night with Gel-Gloss No-Streek polish -- a blind hookup arranged by Buck_nekid. She takes a bit more work and a bit more time to apply and then buff off, but the results are well worth it. I'm not sure I would go through that every time, but definitely useful if you've never polished glass and then (I guess) once every 6 months or so. I plan to see other glass cleaners in between. I saw something on Autopia about using Optimum Clear Seal on glass once it's clean to seal the glass surface. I may try that next time. In other words, I plan to play the field for a while before I settle down.

Buck_nekid and Dom like this.
  12. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Why not put the Sprayway into another bottle/nozzle that has better spray control?

13. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #38 peterp, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017

I don't want to try to change her -- I've tried that before and ended up heartbroken in the long run.

Also, it's aerosol.

14. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    picked up a can of sprayaway at lowes...it's the best i've used so far.

sjd

timjen88 likes this.
  15. Buck_nekid

Buck_nekid Rookie

Nov 5, 2005
    West Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Lol, got one convert to No-Streek. Also, I have zero to do with this company.

peterp likes this.
  16. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Cool... I just bought some SprayWay. Looking forward to using it.

17. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I advise to spray your towel away from the vehicle to avoid any potential problems from overspray. Some materials might be sensitive to it. The coated plastic dash in my semi had suffered some spotting from it hitting it while in the sun on a hot day. That’s not a remark toward Sprayway in particular, but for any window cleaner.

peterp likes this.
  18. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Having used this Gel-Gloss No Streak stuff a bit more, I have to say, that this stuff is the only window cleaner to use. It gets the glass much cleaner than anything else and it stays cleaner for a lot longer. The glass in the car I did 6 months ago still looks cleaner than it ever looked before. It takes a little more work to use than spray cleaners, but it is definitely worth the effort in my experience. Works great on glass shower doors also to help prevent soap film from building up and to make it a lot easier to clean.

19. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Where can I buy No Streek over the counter? or is it online only?

20. Buck_nekid

Buck_nekid Rookie

Nov 5, 2005
    West Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Used to find it at pep Boys. I have never again seen it anywhere since. I get it off of Amazon. Also if you get "dust" from like a paint paste was, you're using too much.

21. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I used Invisible Glass for years on my 308 with newspaper and never had a problem. Now on the 599 it's streaking and leaving dust particles on the glass from the microfiber. Time for a change.

22. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    I use Griots Speed Shine (spay detailer) on my car including the windows and mirrors. Works much better than the dozens of glass cleaners I have tried.

23. sandreb

sandreb Karting

Feb 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sander B.
    Another +1 for Adam's glass cleaner. Very effective and won't leave any streaks.