Global Motorcars of Houston???????? | FerrariChat

Global Motorcars of Houston????????

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Anyone have info on this company and or their owner JOHN?

I am getting really dicked around by these guys right now!!!!!!

Any info would be great.

Thanks

2. Spiderguy

Spiderguy Formula Junior

May 21, 2006
    Full Name:
    Harry J
    Based on their website, they look like a fairly large outfit. However, that can always be deceptive. I just called them to see if they have any Murcielagos in stock and the guy said that the only Lambo they had was a Gallardo.

Good luck, Roy. Hope it works out okay.

Harry

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  4. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Yes, sad thing when you want to work on a trust bases with someone, I always VALUE my word.

The OWNER of the company JOHN, wanted my 2006 White Roadster. I sold it to him, got signed paperwork etc....this was last Thursday. Money to be wired Monday (yesterday).

He called and asked if there was anyway he could pick the car up from here in Seattle as he had a truck in the area that could come straight to Houston. I normally would not let a vehicle go without payment, BUT having signed paperwork, still holding the title AND ABOVE ALL him being a Dealer as well, I let it go to help him out, WITH his promise they would wire funds AM Monday. I also did it becuase the car was, as he said "FOR HIM" not for re-sale.

Well still no wire, refuses to take my calls, BUT is driving around in my White Roadster, trucker dropped it Monday afternoon.

I can only imagine what they treat their retail customers like if he treats a fellow Dealer in the business this WAY!!

I would have to say everyone STAY AWAY from these people...

FYI, I checked BBB in Texas, they are not a memeber, BUT have numerous UNRESOLVED open complaints with an unsatisfoctory record!!

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS OF A MANS WORD?????????

5. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Damn, that takes some balls. I hope you get it resolved asap. I would leave him a message that he has 30 min to call you back or the car will be reported stolen.

6. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Would love to, but as a civil matter the Police can not get involved.....

Only thing I can do is pass the behavior on and hope it hurts his bottom line with future customers!!

7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift

Civil? Sounds like grand theft auto to me.

8. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    Likewise. I'd call the police, report the car stolen, and tell 'em where they can find it. :)

9. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Sounds like the guy is just trying to flip the car without having to put up the money and his "sure thing" quick deal didn't go through as planned and now he is scurrying to find a plan B. I take it you sent him the title as well. What a POS. I hope everyone reads this thread.I know there are always 2 stories but from what we heard so far he isn't looking too good.

10. LambogatiINC

LambogatiINC Formula 3

Aug 14, 2004
    Toronto/Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sal
    i dont think it could be reported as stolen..
    cuz doesn't the fact that roy willingly gave the car (on johns word) have something to do with it? its not like john came into roys driveway and snatched it, even though wat he did is just as worse....

11. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Roy, Call his state dealer inspector, He can and will do somthing about it, do you still have the title?

12. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    Yea......you're right. But, it was a nice thought, at least. :)

13. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    ROY, talk to an attorney.

dont say anything else in public ( we all do appriciate your warning).

you are a dealer. i think i read you still have the title. see if you can put a Mechanics / Dealer Lien on the car for the full amount plus shipping and any financial damages. the repo guys can do more this way :) .

sorry to read about your misfortune, but i am glad you shared it with everyone.

i cannot imagine the stress i would feel if i was out that level of car and cash. i hope it gets worked out.

shame on them for acting this way.

14. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

BINGO.....give this man a beer. However, I believe the title is still in Roy's possession. Still, it sounds like a pretty sleezy dealing.

15. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats

Yes, I still have the title AND sapre keys. It will work out, I JUST wanted others to KNOW of their business practice.

If we all keep each other advised, we can help others from having headaches as well.

One way or another it will correct it self, just a lot of BS for nothing.

16. 512lover

512lover Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2005
    So. Cal
    I'm glad it will work out for Roy, Thanks Roy for sharing your experience with this group otherwise many of us would go to them blind.

17. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Roy, although this isn't a matter to take lightly, I think you should fly down to Houston and use the spare keys to take the car (since you have the title, it's still yours, correct?). Than have Lamborghini change the keys. I'd buy the car just for the story! It would definately be a classic.

But good luck, I hope everything gets resolved.

-Joe

18. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    These stories get my blood boiling. In my business I give credit every day and it sucks when we get shafted by someone that we trusted (sometimes to the tune of over 10 grand...I know it's not 300 grand, but believe me 10 large hurts enough)

Good luck Roy, that Murcie is beautiful

BTW I work on a handshake too Roy, when it comes time to add 12 cylinders to the garage you can bet that when I shake your hand you know that it's worth more than any contract.

FYI he has your Murcie for sale on his website. http://www.globalmotorcars.com/detail.asp?make=lamborghini&StockNumber=267

19. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    THAT SOB has no right to list that car. The Police have got involved recently. I have a REPO company going after it with title and Keys in hand......BUT I was told by his Assitant, JOEL, the comptroller that WE WOULD NEVER find the car ........and then he hung up on me.....

GUYS please do not do business with this POS!!!!!!!

SOMEONE go and try to buy the car, see what happens??????

20. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Man does this suck. I would chase the guy down and drag his ass into court just for breathing.

21. mercedesbenze55amg

mercedesbenze55amg Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    How about death threats :-D

22. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    time to break legs ?

23. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Anyone in the general area that can run down and see if they can see the car in the showroom?

Sounds like we need to find some knuckle draggers in the general Houston area that can go to work on this SOB with some pliers and blowtorches

24. Buzz48317

Buzz48317 F1 Rookie

Dec 5, 2005
    Shelby Twp., MI
    Full Name:
    Michael
    This is called theft by deception. Works the same way as if he went to roy's driveway and broke out the steering column.

25. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Roy, This just like they came to your house and stole the car..I would be on plain to the local police office..get your back