Global Motorcars of Houston???????? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Global Motorcars of Houston????????

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I spoke to Roy a couple hours ago, he was getting ready to get on the plane. He should be there in a couple of hours. Houston area Fchatters, be sure to give him a call when he gets into town. After all this mess is taken care of, show Roy night out on the town if he has time.

2. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Wow, great thread.

Someone in Houston ought to notify the local news about this. Sounds like a good story for the 10 o'clock: 1) Baseball-player with money 2) Shady auto dealer 3) $300,000 car and 4) seller who had to get on a plane from Seattle to retreive it. That ought to put the dealer in front of everyone.

RMX

3. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Is Marvin Zindler still alive?

4. SANguru

SANguru Formula 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    late reading this thread. Great news Roy. Glad everything worked out! :)

5. Streetkred

Streetkred Rookie

Dec 7, 2006
    Houston Texas
    Thank God you have your car back,I have been following this story from H-I and also linked it to other Houston auto forums.I think someone from H-I has fwd this thread to a news station. But Now Im curious as to what happens to Guy that "bought" the car hopefully he regains his 75k or If he is a ballplayer has that guy's head to pratice batting...

6. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    I think that is in the works;)

7. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Promise me roy that you are going to do whatever you can to prosecute this guy to the fullest....no reason for this, no reason at all....this guy needs to do 10 years for this....man's word doesn’t mean what it used to, I firmly believe that judges can do something to change that. Luckily this will probably go to court in Texas, hopefully you get a very unforgiving judge. Largest lawsuit in history (texaco/pennzoil/getty oil) was based upon a man's word, this case is no different. Read oil and honor if you get the time, kind of the same thing just on a billion dollar scale.

8. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    zindler is immortal....

9. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Roy,

After much interrogation, I found out the "black male" driving your car was Joe Sackey. He was juiced up on diet coke and mini dougnuts, was mistaken for a pimp more than pimp my ride. After an OJ like ordeal, I convinced him that I had a previously unknown one off Miura for sale and he abandoned the pimp my Murcie on the side of the road and called me. I sent in a helicopter rescue unit to pick him up and transfer to a rehabilitation cell. I believe Joe will be fine after a few months. I"m sure the pimpo Murcie wil be fine.

Keith

10. 04GCAR

04GCAR Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    Madison
    Anybody have pictures of these A-holes so they can post them on the net
    so no one else will get shafted by them.
    Great hear you have your car back now let's get the A-holes!

11. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.

This is funny.

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Roy,

I can be downtown in an hour or two......... or meet ya at IAH.........

Let me know........

No, I don't think we need the "Live at Five" guys........let's just keep it among our SMALL circle of cognescenti.......

ROTFLMAO!

13. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Who is "Daniel" the spotter??

Is he a chatter?

Sounds like he's a prize winner, maybe should get an 1:18 model as well........;)

14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Left a message on Roy's cell..

I confirmed location.....HPD has the car properly stored, and "Officer Jackie" is armed and dangerous! LOL!

I'll post pics of the happy crew, once Roy arrives............

*tires screeching down IAH runway...........*

They left the Miura in the rain off of Harwin Drive...the lot had it hidden, hoping no one was coming for it...............NOT!

15. JamesSimpson

JamesSimpson F1 Rookie

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto,CANADA
    Full Name:
    James Simpson
    good stuff! i recentley went through a similar situation when 8 of my cars were being shipped from Miami to me here in Toronto after dic king me for THREE weeks, the trucker said he was broken down in Virginia, I got fed up called the local cops they contacted OnStar(incredible service) and tracked the trucker and TWO of his buddies DRIVING my cars around in MIAMI!!!!!the trucker (joe) was driving my 2006 H2 and his buddies were driving my 2006 650 and his other buddy was driving my 2006 cayenne turbo S!!! and the other 5 cars were sitting at his house!! the miami cops called me and said Joe wanted to talk to me(after not returning my calls for a week) giving me some bull about "i thought we were buddies" and bla bla bla needless to say he was charged with Grand Theft Auto and is in jail, I got the vehicles back with minor damage to one of them($1000)...oh yeah the cops also found someone elses 3 benz's there as well....so I feel for you Roy i had $450,000 u.s missing for 3 weeks it is a horrible feeling and a terrbile situation to be in.

16. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Roy,
    I apologize, I dont know whats gotten into me lately.... This was all OJ's idea, and Im on my way to recovery thanks to Keith. However, I would check the suspension of the Murci - I rode over a few big speed-bumps at a pretty good speed.... Im really sorry!!
    Joe Sackey
    (Posting from Diet Coke Rehab)

17. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Oh come on, Zindler would be perfect for the story. Maybe Roy will give him a ride in the recovered Murcie & then Houstonians can really see high speed G-force effects on Marvin's plastic surgery covered face.

18. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    There very well may be more to this situation than meets the eye. I would not make any judgements until full information comes to light.

There has been IMHO way too much defamation based on unproven allegations.

19. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger

And you are right, as posted at the other site, however that does not excuse the behavior of Global when a simple phone call would have cleared up the problem. My reaction would have been to call Roy about the problem, not to run a hide.

20. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Congrats, I do have a question though...

My understanding is that:

If a buyer buys property at retail value, believing it to be an honest transaction, and it is subsequently found to be stolen...the buyer gets to keep it.

It is the party that was robbed, that has to pursue the thief, and collect for damages.

Now, if someone purchases a car that they KNEW to be stolen, or for a price that is "too good to be true," then the transaction is fradulent and the car gets returned...

I remeber hearing about a similar case, though not involving a car. It involved a jetski. Joe Schmoe buys it for retail, then someone tries to recover it weeks later as being stolen (which it was). Judge ruled that the rightful owner was the NEW owner, and the prior owner had to sue the dealership/selling party for theft, etc...

Any lawyers to chime in here??? I fear that there is a possibility that the new owner will be suing Roy, not the dealership... And Roy will have to recoup from the dealership. The question is, who gets screwed, ROY, or the new buyer?

PS. This was a Judge Judy episode, but don't laugh...I am sure that there is some precedent there...

21. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I'm sure that this will be sorted in the proper place in the proper time but I am of the opinion that bringing the Police into this was huge mistake and in light of the facts as I understand them totally unwarranted. I remain open to
    an explanation as to why my opinion may be wrong.

22. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger
    You are correct. IMO they need to sit down together and then make a joint public statement so it doesn't have any further negative connotations to either party.

Lessons learned: Dot your tees and cross you eyes.
    Make a/ return a phonecall.
    Stand up, don't run.
    Send the entire paper, not part.
    Sometimes it's best not to think, just do.

All I could give you is my opinion as to your opinion, but I respect you too much than to try and get you into a shouting match (as some tried on the P3/4 thread).

Even when all the facts are brought into the open, people may (and will) interpret them differently. I could give you a dozen different reason why, but as I previously stated, they are my opinions based on my limited knowledge.

DISCLAIMER: I do reserve the right to change my opinion.

Thank you for answering my posts (on several threads) and have a great day,

23. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Very good point.

Joe

24. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Agree totally but I do think it's important to note that exactly what Global did or did not do are facts not yet in evidence and so far we've only heard one side of the story and at the very least there is now evidence that there is more to this that we were originally led to believe.

Best

25. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    No, if you buy something stolen knowingly or not you do not get to keep it. It will then be the buyers problem to get his money back from the person that he paid.