Global Motorcars of Houston???????? | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Global Motorcars of Houston????????

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by roytoy2003, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whammo!

whammo! Formula Junior

May 16, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Someone from global has posted on l-power.

2. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
  3. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    RoyToy2003

Group: Multiple Lambo Owner
    Member No.: 1,664

Thank you for your post.

I can NOT speak to KEVIN'S words on the phone with you. THIS is the first time I have heard of these so called comments from Kevin. I WILL take full responsability if they indeed were made by Kevin. Kevin is MY EMPLOYEE and as such I am here to back his actions.

I will speak to what I KNOW.

In YOUR own documents you STATE, will wire funds MONDAY. You did not do this. Your resaon for not doing this is that you had no Title Copy. NO where does it say you require this prior to payment, HOWEVER I agree that is the norm in the business. BUT as you state, I was out of town and my EMPLOYEE Kevin is not as aware of these rules as I the OWNER am and should be.

As has been repeated HERE by ME, (ROY CATS THE OWNER) why did you not call me direct, or have YOUR OWNER call me direct if you felt one of my EMPLOYEES was not dealing correct with you. I left numerous messages with no return calls.

Yes, I was OUT OF town as all know. YES the title was in a safe and could not be secured to you till my return, YES, WE LET a $300K car GO to someone WE DID not know as well on THEIR promise to WIRE MONDAY........Looks pretty even here so far, maybe more to you.HELL YOU HAVE a $300K car.

Not a promise WE will wire Monday and then change the game plan midway, AFTER OUR car was on YOUR HIRED TRUCK!!

Yes, the car came from MY HOME, as it was MY CAR, out of MY garage. I am SURE John as MANY other Dealers take cars home from the Dealership everynight.

NO WE do not have a 2 million dollar LOT.

Yes I am worth approx 150 Million. (public record anytime)

Yes send your team of lawyers, I will deal with what I have to if I was in error and take it the way any MAN should, lesson learned and on to the next....

FACT, the PD states the "SO CALLED" buyer is close friends and they FELT the deal was not a real sale. Please POST ALL INFO......INCLUDING your purchase and sale, deposite forms, checks, anything supporting this supposed SALE of the vehicle.

Why were statements made to the PD, WHICH we AS WELL have copies by JOHN, that he had no intention of paying for the car and we could "come get it". But when we came Tuesday AM, the car was GONE. You were not there, John was not there all day, NOR any return calls to Me or th PD....?

WHY, when this AM.......if YOU truly wanted the car and TRULY had a sale 'IN HAND" did you not complete the sale when I offered to you the HARD TITLE and the car this morning VIA the PD, AT A DISCOUNTED RATE to show for 'Our Both misuunderstanding"? After ALL the GOAL was and still is to make the CUSTOMER HAPPY......?

Your response AS RECORDED in WRITING was,

"No here have the car back"

You signed releases to this with the PD. AFTER it had 120 more miles on it.

Seems to me if you truly wanted to make your customer HAPPY, you would have completed this offer this AM.....?

REALLY A SALE?????.

But the whole sad thing with this is plain and simple

My employees may have made mistakes. I take full responsability for that.......

BUT YOU as a MULTI MILLLION DOLLAR company should have regonized this, AND called me direct.........PERIOD no if's and's or butt's....HAD THAT BEEN DONE WE WOULD NOT BE HERE TODAY!

I am sorry that it has come to this, but I stand behind my people, right or wrong, I may re-train and advise, BUT I do not throw employees under the bus. YOU should have returned my calls as THE OWNER when you KNEW the actions of the employee were in-correct.

I think you took advantage of the whole situation and are now trying to back wash standing behind a paper error that COULD have AND SHOULD have been resolved with a SIMPLE phone call.

I wish you the best in your future and hope that YOU have learned as much as I have from this incident. If you FEEL the need to pursue me in the courts, that is your choice........

BUT, warning my friend......

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"

Respectfully,

Roy L. Cats
    President
    Cats Exotics, Inc

A small operation on LESS than FLOORED 2 million dollar property

--------------------

If you just want to look, buy a poster, otherwise drive them they way they were meant to be driven!

WWW.CATSEXOTICS.COM
    1866-LAMBORGHINI

4. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    ....wow, some powerful things said there.....thank god im just a bystander looking in on this.....

5. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I also state here openly......

YOU and/or YOUR customer are still welcome to the car.

It is STILL in Houston at this moment with HARD COPY in hand.....

If you truly wish to make YOUR customer Happy......

Well call me and give me the word...AND THE WIRE.

6. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Tru Dat.

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    why did the Global guy say " thier customer was handcuffed " ?

if the Global guys already had a police case number regarding the car,(Kevin?) why did the cops act like this was the first they heard of the situation as Roy has stated?

public record will show who had a police report first. ( date and time stamp )

thier statements seems " coached " to me .

i know a used car dealer. i hang out there as a friend off and on.

screwed up titles, fax errors, bank delays and clerical errors are the norm in the whole car business.

no way Global should be new to the issues that come up with cars, titles , the DMV and banks.

off to L Power....

8. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    They must not have thought they were getting scammed that bad since they still sold the car before resolving the issues and took the money for it without paying anything. They say how horrible it was for them to not get the clear title and then they turn around and sell it to someone else. Great business practice.

9. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    In Global's own post, they say that on Wednesday, December 6th, 2006, "someone from Cats Exotics called our dealership informing us they have reported the vehicle as stolen." In the next sentence, they are complaining that at 7:00 PM the SAME DAY "our prospective buyers for the vehicle are in handcuffs, sitting on the ground next to the vehicle accompanied by Houston PD officers and 8 squad cars."

What in the world would possess Global to send out a potential buyer in the most conspicuous-looking car on the planet, knowing full well that the car has been reported as stolen?! Seems mind-numbingly dumb to me, whether they agreed or not that the car was actually stolen.

10. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    if Global think they were scammed, then why did they turn around and sold the car to a customer before they got the title? They haven't even paid Roy yet. Shouldn't they just let the car sit there until everything was clear?

11. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Game over. Matter resolved. See other thread. PS- any reason why we can't (or shouldn't) close this thread, given that there has been a resolution? I don't see taking sides at this point being productive for anybody.

12. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    This thread should be closed - Whart is right. Looks like the matter is resolved and all the folks picking at the scabs are just going to create bad blood and re-open a still-tender wound.

I don't think anyone who is a real buyer for the kind of cars that Cats or Global sells is going to be dissuaded by this situation. Seems both sides made mistakes, and both sides got burned. Who cares if the mistakes or the suffering was entirely equal - you'll never get it equal in everyones mind so better to leave it as "we both f-ed up our part of the deal, but it worked out in the end".

Even better, why don't you two - John and Roy from Global and Cats get on the damn phone and chat, or, better yet meet up alone and work it out. I don't mean with fists, I mean have a couple of drinks and within a few hours you'll probably foster a potential future business relationship that will eclipse the losses of this dealing, AND more importantly the rest of the folks who are running around in these threads like scared lemmings will have no ability to hold a beef. After all, if the original beef-ers are cool with one another, how can anyone who'se a 3rd or 4th party to it have any complaint? Who knows, you guys might even end up as friends.

It certainly can't hurt - it can help a LOT, and worst case you still don't do biz together in the future, which is where you are now.

Swallow that pride gentlemen! :)

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    resolved, check other thread.