Go Danica!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Go Danica!!!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by axemansean, May 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Danica needs a boob job. Get the girl some C cups and sponsorship/support will go through the roof!

Just so it doesnt impact her driving.... which is just fine.

Terry

2. Lawrence Coppari

Lawrence Coppari Formula 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Full Name:
    Lawrence A. Coppari
    I saw her interview last weekend on TV. I thought she acted like a 6 year old. Compare her interview with others who did not qualify number one.

3. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    I agree; she makes rookie mistakes and lacks experience. Her bauble in the first lap, her attitude about accepting the #4 slot... She drives too aggressively too IMHO. From what I've read she reminded me of Bobby Unser!

It will be interesting too see if she finishes the race; I bet she doesn't. OTOH, she WILL be racing to win, not just finish like Fisher and St. James did, so I respect that. If the car holds together and she doesn't get wrecked she should finish top 10 at least, even top 5.

Boobs not withstanding, I hope she wins!

Ken

4. axemansean

axemansean Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    I am pretty sure most of you would have made that bobble into a splat into the wall. She has emotion, something most race car drivers seem to lack. They look like robots most of the time, fortunately she shows everyone the human side of racing.

5. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Anyone can make a mistake, qualifying at Indy is a very hard deal. What I really didn't like about her reaction was the fact that she was dwelling on it instead of focusing on the race. Bobby Rahal knew from her times that she was not going to get pole, and he knows way better than she does. The were probably 15 drivers that could have won pole for indy, while she was one of them ,she should have gotten over it fast and kept her eyes on the real prize. That is where her immaturity as a race driver shows

6. axemansean

Jul 11, 2004
    P4 at Indy

Yeah I think I'd be immature too. So close but so far away from the pole.

7. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    I doubt i'd complain about p4 first time out at Indy. But the focus is the race. She's showing how fragile she may be mentally.

8. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    I saw the interview on Speed Tv yesterday and for 22 years old she needs to learn how to speak using the English language and not act like a spoiled little brat. When someone interviews you, you speak directly to them and look at them not at the ground and grumble and whine. Perhaps her mentor is Montoya?!? Grow up kid and act like an adult.

The best woman is racing now is so underrated and most probably due to the fact she's not running in "mainstream" racing. Milka Duno

WALLACE, DUNO AND LAMMERS TAKE FIRST WIN OF 2005 IN 6 HEURES DU CIRCUIT MONT-TREMBLANT

(May 21, 2005) -- In a six-hour Grand American Rolex Sports Car Series race that featured a little bit of everything, Andy Wallace charged from third to first in the span of two turns with slightly more than 10 minutes remaining to take the victory in the 6 Heures du Circuit Mont-Tremblant for himself and co-drivers Milka Duno and Jan Lammers.

9. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    I saw the interview on Speed Tv yesterday and for 22 years old she needs to learn how to speak using the English language and not act like a spoiled little brat. When someone interviews you, you speak directly to them and look at them not at the ground and grumble and whine. Perhaps her mentor is Montoya?!? Grow up kid and act like an adult.

The best woman is racing now is so underrated and most probably due to the fact she's not running in "mainstream" racing. Milka Duno is by far the best woman driver of all time. Plus with her background she's a definite "winner". She holds 4 master degrees - Organizational Developement, Naval Architecture, Maritime Business and Marine Biology (getting last three at the same time!). She's also the first woman in history to pilot the fastest and most technologically advanced sportscar - LM prototype 900. She has the ability to excel on a variety of tracks, in a variety of cars and is the most skilled multi-disciplined driver out there.

WALLACE, DUNO AND LAMMERS TAKE FIRST WIN OF 2005 IN 6 HEURES DU CIRCUIT MONT-TREMBLANT

(May 21, 2005) -- In a six-hour Grand American Rolex Sports Car Series race that featured a little bit of everything, Andy Wallace charged from third to first in the span of two turns with slightly more than 10 minutes remaining to take the victory in the 6 Heures du Circuit Mont-Tremblant for himself and co-drivers Milka Duno and Jan Lammers.

Way to go Milka!!!

Carol

10. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    While Milka is a good driver, she has two great, vastly experienced teammates. I wonder how'd she do on her own? Katherine Legge seems to be doing very well in Atlantics as well. 5th this weekend.

11. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    It's not a question of how she would do on her own it's a matter of how she has DONE on her own.

Quite an impressive record: First woman in history to score an overall win in a major NA motor race - GP Miami; Venezuelan Auto Racing Driver of the Year - 2000; ALMS 2001 Vice Champion Driver; 1998 4th overall in Venezuelan Porsche Supercup; 1999 third overall in Woman's Global GT Series; 2000 Panoz GT Series Championship; FIRST WOMAN TO EVER WIN A FERRARI CHALLENGE RACE in NA, SECOND in the world; in 2000 tested in Formula 2000; participated in Le Mans in 2001, 2002 (only woman among 149 drivers); invited in 2001 to participate in Open Telefonica (most important single seat racing series in Europe after F1 - now GP2) - FIRST woman to ever score points in that series; FIRST woman to race in the World Series category in Europe; invited as VIP driver in Porsche Supercup which was part of GP of Spain in 2003 - and the list goes on . . . . Quite well I'd say!

Milka is head and shoulders above other women, especially little Dancia Patrick. I think you hit the nail on the head about Dancia - she's very fraile mentally, doesn't have a clue how to do a "professional" interview, and acting like a spoiled brat will get you no where.

(Sorry for the double post earlier)

Carol

12. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    While i would agree this is a very impressive resume, i'd have to say she's proven nothing in single seat, open wheelers where as Danica has, to a certain point. A prototype and an openwheeler are two different animals and probably the open wheelers are more difficult to drive. The fact that Danica made P4 at indy speaks well for her. While Milka duno may be good at sportscars it doesn't mean she can compete at the top levels like Danica is.

13. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Ya know what, Nika destroys them all. She might not be as big a racer as these ladies are, but she's got skills, the heart, the mind, and the right attitude. Did I mention she was more attractive? The "toy doll" look of Danica in those pictures will only get you so far. :D

14. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis

Nika who? lol

15. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    NIka rules, simple as that. one of the greatest members of Fchat I've ever met.

16. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.

No offense but you're out of your mind. Milka couldn't hold Patrick's bra strap or butt thong. Venezuelan Porsche Supercup...........................Hhun........I didn't even know they had a Porsche Supercup. Do they have one in Jamiaca too?

The Women's Global GT series was nothing more than the female version of the male Panoz school series. Give me a break.

As far as Ferrari Challenge goes she won a race....big deal. You all know my opinion on the quality of racing in Ferrari Challenge. And on a side note she got kicked out of the series at one point for continually "punting" people out of first place when she couldn't get by them. For the record I have run a faster lap time at two tracks she race on in a 355 Challenge. What does that make me ????

And no, Open Telefinica is not GP2, and was not, has not and never will be the most important single seater series to F1. That would be GP2 (formerly called F3000) or the British F3 Championship. Telefonics has been a refuge for F1 has beens like Zonta, Tarso Marques, Mazzecane and others. With the exception of a few name brand hotshoes like Kovalienen (sp?) it's not a great series and Milka didn't do well in the few races she did.

Don't get me wrong, Milka has some "acquired" talent that boat loads of money bought and she is a competant racer but nothing special.

Look up her lap times against Andy Wallace and she's always a second or two slower and Andy, while at one time one of the best sports car racers in the world is getting a bit up there in age.

As for Danica......she beat drivers who are now in F1 and she was the first person (male or female) to place in the top three at the Formula Ford festical since Danny Sullivan and Mario Andretti.

Who has Milka beat in Grand Am personally. An aging Scott Pruett who until two years ago was a TV commentator, Wayne Taylor, who hadn't raced a car in almost 3 years and is also getting up there in age. I could list a lot of old drivers who at one time were considered the cream of the crop but who are now just beating others with mounds of money and natural talent (Theys is a senior citizen for crying out loud).

Danica went wheel to wheel in an 800 hp open wheel race car at over 220 mph against some of the best non-F1 racers in the world. Many of these racers have at one time or another been considered for F1 (Dixon, Castroneves, Manning, Franchitti...) and others have actually tested (Dixon again, Brunquera, Bourdais, Schecter, ......).

You are comparing a women who races sports cars against aging professional racers who are way past their prime (with the exception of the two Max's, Angelli and Papis) and a field that is made up of over HALF by paying drivers who have DAY JOBS !

Comparing the field at a typical Grand Am race with that of the Indy 500 is like comparing the level of engineering talent at Minardi with Ferrari.

Milka is no more out of the ordinary than another female racer with tons of money and good coaching. Jacky Icx's daughter has won some big races in sports cars and is the equivelent of Milka but neither will ever be anything more than a very talented sports car racer.

I am not a Danica fan and I couldn't care less if she act's like a spoiled brat. The bottom line is that she ran the fastest practice lap at Indy this month, qualified on the second row, led the race in the closing stages, and finished 4th overall.

Winning the Women's Panoz school series and the Venezuelan Porsche SuperCup somehow doesn't quite rank up there with Indy !!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

17. axemansean

Jul 11, 2004
    She over came a stall, getting side swiped, having her front wing taken apart, running almost empty to still finish in P4. It takes a lot of drive like she did and take the fight to some of the best open wheel racers in the US. With Buddy Rice sidelined, Kenny Brack still a questionable force and Vitor Meira stuck mid pack the responsibility was on her to deliver for RLR. Did she, absolutely and I for one hope to see her win soon.

18. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    She did a fantastic job, all the power to her and I can't wait till she wins her first IRL Race.

19. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Didn't she cause a wreck that took out two (maybe more?) of her competitors?

I'm not impressed. Why are people even clamoring for her to go to F1?

Why not Dan Wheldon? I think it's *solely* because she is female. No other reason, the drive was good, not great. Good drivers don't make it to F1.

20. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Did you watch the race?

21. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I think the drive wás great. She is not only a woman, but she is also a rookie at Indy, and in the given circumstances, she did a hell of a job in my opinion. If it weren´t for those two (rookie?)mistakes, show probably would´ve one the race, and in spectaculair fashion too. She looked fast and agressive and seemed to have no problem racing all the great names on this great track.

22. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I think I turned it on the last 60 laps, but only really watched the last 30. In any case, how was her performance better than Dan Wheldon's? She's gotten more air time *solely* because she is female, IMO.

23. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix

And what if that actually were to be the case? Fact of the matter is, a woman racing at Indy is a rarity. A woman having a decent shot at winning it, is even more rare. A woman in her rookie year, having a decent shot at winning it (in the early stages, before she stalled it at the past, she seemed to have no problem in keeping up with the front runners) is....well, you know. It is only natural that it generates airtime. Other than that, Wheldon did rise through the field pretty silently.

24. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    How can someone go from the back to the front without being noticed? Oh, if it's the Danica Patric show they can. The truth is she was a draw... a big draw and 50% of the air time was focused on her, it's good for the "show" and for the sport so why not? But don't tell me Dan W. didn't get his air time because he was "silent". He didn't get his air time for winning Indy because there was a woman on track that wasn't ugly.

25. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    As for being rare, Dan W. won 4 out of 5 races this year and one was Indy, that has never been done before... that's more rare than anything Danica Patrick did... but no one spoke of that.