Go Kart Event on March 27 - Sign up! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Go Kart Event on March 27 - Sign up!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    He planned on it until he realized, that the weekend in question is a black out date for him.

Right now we have Richard Tuttle, Jack and Rocketboy sitting on the fence. Hopefully at least one of those guys "falls" onto the right side.

2. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Sorry for pulling out...
    my brother lives overseas, and will be in town. My sister is flying in from the west coast, so we are all trucking down to see the P's (parents).

3. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    I'm sorry! You don't know how much I want to do this! But, a shower has been decreed for my sister's impending baby, and my wife has declared that etiquette requires her to attend; if I stayed here while she went downstate for a shower for MY sister and stayed in MY hometown with MY parents while I stayed up here and karted with you guys, it would do irreparable damage to my program to mentally prepare her for my eventual Ferrari purchase. I think it's very important that she not have bad associations with "those Ferrari guys". Although she once declared "You are NOT getting a Ferrari," I think that after months of an intensive PR campaign on my part she is starting to get adjusted to the concept. But negotiations are still at a delicate stage.

Have fun!

Chuck King

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I can so understand you. Yup, you're quite right about walking a fine line there. May I suggest a few ideas for improving the level welcome at home: Take her to Italian restaurants and movies to stress the cultural background. If you like I can give you a list of about 100 movies all featuring Ferraris and in many women adoring them (good one: Never steal anything small. A comedy where the heroine sings "I want a Ferrari."). Take her to some cultural Ferrari events like the FCA concours on Oakstreet, Monroe Street or the Italian Festival where you can sample some great Italian food and wine. Take her to Venice and a side trip to Maranello. Travel to the Monaco GP and enjoy the south of France (Provence, Nice, Cote d'Azur). Get her a Gucci bag. No wait, after that you won't have cash left for the car. Anyway, you get the idea.
    :)

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Richard Tuttle just joined us. Good, now we're back to nine in case somebody gets cold feet.

Current driver lineup:

Bob Campen
    Tod Whitmore
    Andreas Forrer
    Rocketboy
    Don Norton
    Phil Spiewak
    Dave Bendl
    Bill Rosen
    Richard Tuttle

Camera: Skip
    Trophies: Frank

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,I'll be there. With Trophies...No driving,yet...(well,not in a go kart)

7. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Andreas--Screw it, I'm in. Got sick of waiting for all the girls to sort their plans. What time is it again?

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Fantastic! The level of competitiveness has just been raised a few notches, Mr. Mazda!

All drivers have to bee there at 2pm for the briefing and getting fitted with suits and helmets. It actually does all take a while, trust me. Racing starts at 3pm (but you MUST be there at 2pm).

9. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    It's supposed to be nasty out on Saturday, so I'm going to play it by ear as to which car to drive. If it's really horrible (non-Ferrari stuff), let me know if you need a lift.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks for the kind offer. I have to be there an hour early, so if it rains cats and dogs, I'll have to rely on the Camry.

I think Rocketboy withdrew based on his comments about foot surgery in another thread.

Current driver lineup:

Bob Campen
    Tod Whitmore
    Andreas Forrer
    Don Norton
    Phil Spiewak
    Dave Bendl
    Bill Rosen
    Richard Tuttle
    Jack Stanley

Camera: Skip
    Trophies: Frank

11. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I think Rocketboy withdrew based on his comments about foot surgery in another thread.

Andreas,

I really want to do it but I have another doctor's appointment on Saturday morning. I guess I will keep Frank company as he seems like a great guy. I had to think I put you through some trouble and will try my hardest to attend simply to meet all the great personalities that contribute to this site. If I am still needed or welcomed to drive, it might be a game time decision if no one minds. Doesnt matter to me anyways, after talking to Frank, after what I went through, Im just happy to walk in there and meet everyone.

Thanks,

RocketBoy

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Would be great to have you around. As I said, visitors can attend for free, no problem. Drivers pay $ 80 and have to be on the list by now. You can't walk in on Saturday and decide to drive. At least that is what the place is telling me because they have to setup the groups and races accordingly.

Wish you all the best for your surgery! That commercial with the lead footed guy comes to my mind...Sorry.

13. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore

The weekend is getting closer, it's not looking too bad on saturday, just cloudy... Sunday looks real bad though...

If the forcast stays the same or gets better, i am bringing the 328... :)

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Somehow I'm thinking we will leave a mark on that place. They were stunned when I showed with my 1 308. Imagine how they will feel when all of a sudden several Ferraris show up.

I mean it only took a few minutes until the word had spread to the barman in the second floor without me saying anything, hehe.

And by golly, I wanna hear that tubi!

15. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    You know what, WHO CARES IF IT RAINS!!! I'm bring the F-Car. It's not made of butter or choclate, it won't melt.... HAH!

Don't worry, you will hear the TUBI..... So will the entire place.... :)

Maybe you should call them and see about getting some VIP parking spots for us up front and gaurded so we can see the cars. It will be an extra bonus for the place and will attract people to come check the place out... Thats the least they can do for us... :)

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I thought about the VIP parking, but the place doesn't really lend itself to that. You'll see when you'll get there.

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,I was wondering about the Layout,too. Is this kind of like in an Industrial Park Area? I know that there is an Industrial Park area close by there. Or a Shopping Center? If it's not in a Shopping center,and Weather Permitting,I might drive mine there,too.

No,It's not made out of Butter or Chocolate,(If it was made out of Chocolate,I'd have eaten it all by now!!:) I'm a hopeless Choco-holic!!)

But,I've seen too many that have Rust bubbles in the bottoms of the Door Panels,because Rain drips down the window,and falls into the bottom of the Door,with nowhere to go. Plus,do you really want any of that polluted Acid Rain going down into your engine compartment via those Beautiful Louvers on the Rear Deck Lid? Or,on the Paint...:(

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It is like an industrial area, not like a shopping mall, but a very nice industrial area. Brand new buildings all around, all industrial. Huge parking lot in front, nobody around, your car won't be bothered.

Please use their website for address and directions.

19. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks for that info. Yes,I am somewhat familiar with that area. Back in the '80's,I drove a Truck for awhile,and used to go up to that area occassionally.

Yes,I "Map Quested" the Directions already. See you Saturday,with Trophies.

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Timeline for Saturday at the Kart track:

1pm FOC board meeting (not public)
    2pm Driver signup, briefing, getting dressed
    3pm Four races
    4pm Winner ceremony

Remember: Zero tolerance for alcohol, so don't drink before 4pm *IF* you are racing.

21. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,I've got to tell you. The Trophies came out Really nice...It's going to be a great competition. I am Really Looking forward to seeing everyone,and hope that anyone interested in our New F.O.C.-Ferrari Owners Club-Midwest,comes and checks it out. Looks like it's going to be a really fantastic Afternoon...We DRIVE!!!! :)

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    1) Date and time:
    Saturday, March 27 at 2pm (sharp!) for driver briefing

Having been through the process, believe me, it does take an hour to get ready. Especially with so many people. And the event organizers are rather strict. So just pls make sure you're there on time.

We'll meet in the hall on the ground floor.

2) Location:
    For directions please go to their website:
    www.chicagoindoorracing.com and select directions, where it gives you a map. Once on the rather spacious A50 you have to watch for rather smallish Hastings Drive (just West of the overpass). Once you're on Hastings, you'll see it coming up soon on your right side. Plenty of parking available.

3) Final driver lineup:

Bob Campen
    Tod Whitmore
    Andreas Forrer
    Don Norton
    Phil Spiewak
    Dave Bendl
    Bill Rosen
    Richard Tuttle
    Jack Stanley

4) Payment
    $ 80 for drivers. Please pay me directly either with cash or a check made to Andreas Forrer. I already had to pay for all of you with my cc.

5) Entertainment
    The bar/restaurant upstairs welcomes your friends and visitors. They pay at their own for drinks and food. The drivers will get some food/drink/game coupons (details tomorrow).

Skip will take lots of pictures of everybody and Frank will do the honors of the ceremony afterwards.

6) Racing
    Uh, almost forgot that part: We'll have three qualifying races and one final race. The organizers use the karts' transponders for timing and scoring and will determine the starting grid and the winners etc. At the end each driver will get a printout with all the details. So it is outside of my hands. :)

23. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Are we using the 50/200 rules????????

Over 50 years old ( poor eyesight, slow reactions )

1 lap head start

Over 200 lb driver wt.

5 sec per lb head start

Old and plump

Bob :)

24. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    hee hee... I have some of this liquid nitro, a little bit in the gas tank and wow, we'll be having fun then..... :)~

Just kidding... :) hee hee... Better yet, i have a transponder jamming device, i'll bring that... :)

Hey andreas, i'm thinking, maybe bring a roll of duct tape and tape my camcorder to the side of my helmet???? Hmmmmm????? Well, i'm bringing my new helmet i got for Gingerman in May, maybe i won't put duct tape on it... But it's a thought for some good helmet cam shots durring the racing... :)

This weather looks iffy..... I know it won't change the indoor karting fun, but it may on the kart we bring there???? Hmmmm?????

25. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    There's a Gas Station by my House that Sells 100 Octane Racing Fuel. Anybody want some?..... :)

BTW...Bob,has "Yon Steed" been reassembled?

I'm watching Magnum P.I. right now. It's an episode where Higgins takes out the Ferrari,and the brakes fail. He is driving fast,and downhill,and eventually ends up crashing in a Construction Barricade,Pile of Sand,and Bags of Cement. Most painful to watch.....:(