Go Kart Racing - Relationships - Finance - Kitchen sink | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Go Kart Racing - Relationships - Finance - Kitchen sink

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Feb 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BOYRACER

BOYRACER Karting

May 9, 2004

LOL huskerbill....i hope your wallet is deep because I would give anything for a racing type of wager......You fellow Fchat boys will tell you that betting with me at a track event might not be in your best interest. But hey I guess since this is the internet we can all dream

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    True. You are faster than any of us, which is why it is a bit pointless to race against you. Shooting fish in a barrel comes to mind.

As I said I haven't seen any of the incidents myself (was too busy trying to go straight), but it is a fact that whether the marshalls call somebody to the sinbin or not is a very subjective thing. Apparently the incidents you were involved with/nearby ended normally for one of us to get called in.

These are the reasons we'd rather not race against you again.

And yes you did us a nice favor by arranging the fenced off parking. That was great and sadly they (CIR) refused to do this year again.

Take care!

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    This is supposed to be just a Fun, Friendly thing. Competitve, Yes. But by Amateurs. When sombody steps in to Race competitively, who has loads and loads of expereince, and even Instructs. That simply isn't right or fair, IMO. They don't let anybody do that in ANY Competitive Racing. They divide them by Classes....Novice, Experts, whatever. And, to be an "Expert" coming in and 'smoking" a bunch of Amateurs really isn't anything to brag about. "Yeah, I smoked the Ferrari guys. I smoked the Porsche guys". Doesn't hold much water when it's an Expert racing Amateurs, now does it? Awards seem pretty meaningless, and shallow, don't they....

4. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Nice post Frank, very true... problem is that you FOC people are too nice. You open the world up to everyone sometimes you won't get what you want. I wasn't there but I don't think Boyracer was going out to ruin other's day nor that they guy who got the penalty felt like he belonged to part of a group. Its the FOC, limit it to that and since this is Fchat and you indirectly advertise it to the world let people know about it. Heck if the non Ferrari people want to join in they can in a non-FOC race. If you're two groups want to race together afterwards do it for fun and with your own 25 bucks that you wouldn't have to owe Andreas for.

Like so many things in life if you open up too much chances are you're going to get burnt. But there is even arrogance amongst those that do belong. Made of nice guy DNA Chuck and his drives south would benefit from an Enzo or 430 tagging along. But if a supercar owner was a prick and at an event like the go-karting, won by punting someone like Chuck, a lady or young son off the course, that wouldn't be too good either. I don't own any exotic cars anymore, don't even know if my FCA thing expired or not, but if my advice mattered I'd say avoid the what if factors by organizing a FOC meeting or PrivateMess bomb everyone, getting a karting race roster there or by that private means, and have that group go. Fchat the results, not the event.

RocketBoy

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    CIR requires at least a group of 8 participants, which we would be hard pressed to gather solely based on FOC folks.

Also I'm all for "joint" events with FCA members and non members alike. There will always be a special goody for FOC members (in this case the trophies for 1st to 3rd) so they get some added value, but I don't want to become a behind doors club. Besides: Bad things could happen because of club members as well.

I also don't want to blow the whole situation out of proportion. Everybody (even the racers who ended up in the sinbin) had a good time at the end of the day. We all learned from the experience and move on.

PS: It's funny how a gokart event can become as politically charged as the intrigues of Formula One. :)

6. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Andreas,

Make some space in your PM files please. Message to be sent...

And if the FOC is going to turn into the F1, I want to see Frank become Flav (complete with international models) and Rick almost Ferrari like Peter Sauber. Hey, does that make you your buddy Jean Todt and Bill365 Enzo himself?

RocketBoy

7. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Ooohh... I smell teenage drama cooking.

Rocketboy - are you going to "tell him how it is" and "help him out" like you did for me?

8. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    LOL, there's a real screamer!! Me Enzo??? You're killing me!!!! *&^#!*$&#

9. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Andreas -
    make room for another one... I'm bringing a friend.
    He is a former Kart champion, but I think he will fit in just fine.

BOYRACER - just ignore Huskerbill.... you know how those blow hard Nebraska fans are!!

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    With only 3 spots left, we're approaching sell out level again. Vince, you reading this?

Confirmed racers:
    Mike Z.
    Mike's friend
    Richard
    Richard's friend
    Daryl
    Rick
    F1 Frank
    Bob
    Dave (T2)
    Haley
    Chelle
    Billiam
    Rocketboy
    Katie
    Dave B.
    Andreas

Potential candidates:
    Chitown Dave
    Vince

PS: MikeAR: Kewl avatar. I can see how racing is just too boring for you. :)

11. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Nah... just temporarily got put on hold while I took on some new things last year. I'll be back out on the track plenty this year. Hope so see some of you out at Autobahn this season.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    We're planning a 1/4 mile track event this summer near the Autobahn club (sponsored by Clutches.Inc). Hopefully you can join us there. Zmokin!

13. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill

Drag racin' in the F-cars, TooooCooool !!! :D

14. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill

Deep enough.

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sean deserves the credit, it was his idea. And I just can't say no to another racing challenge.

16. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Bluejay huh??

And then you insult 10 million people in one sentence.....

We will ALL get our revenge. I just posted your name,picture, bloodtype, shoe size, DOB, etc. on the Husker Nation website under a post titled, "This guy just insulted all of you!!!"

Sleep well!!!

;-)

17. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    You guys are NUTS. I wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole!!

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually Sean already has. And he has the photos to proove it. Very cool his TR next to the "x-mas" tree of the track.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Half of those folks will walk through Mike's door sooner or later anyway in another episode of "Apelachian Emergency Room".

20. BOYRACER

BOYRACER Karting

May 9, 2004
    Alright guys...I am going to simply refrain from coming to any FOC meets or events. If you guys had such a hard time with an experienced driver coming out to a karting event then you guys should have told me from the start. I did mention before the event that I did have experience and at the event I even offered to start at the back of the pack in all of the qualifying runs and the final race and was told that was not neccessary. I have got my butt kicked in so many karting events by so many great drivers from all around the world who have so much more experience than I do, but you know what at the end of the day I shook their hands and learned from them. A little while back I drove in a 24hr race in dubai where I got passed fast by a european karting champ who was 17 years old. You know what I did? I went up to him and started trying to ask him about strategy and what not. This happened to be a guy who had bumped me so hard that I could barely walk the next day. No harm no foul, he was faster than me in the corner and was trying to make a pass....I was the kart being passed and since he was faster I took the hit like a man and learned from it. I apologize to the Fchat chicago guys if they feel as though my driving experience ruined the event for them and made it less enjoyable. I suggest you guys put up a disclaimer when posting threads about track events though. There are a lot of fast guys in this area and being fast at CIR does not take any pro experience, just a lot of practice. I hope for all of your sakes, no league guys ever race with you guys because they are brutal and very fast......anyways have fun at the event guys...

BTW the PCA guys were a mix of very fast guys and some slower guys and no one ever once made one comment about how it was not fair. I understand that ferrari guys(not generalizing) are not the big track going group when compared to the PCA but still come on, can you blame me for assuming that there would have been some track experience?

21. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    That is hilarious! Too true....
    As for Huskerbills "threat"... there will be a report days before any attempted attack of multiple bright red vans lumbering down Interstate 80 at a VERY low rate of speed heading to the Chicagoland area. So I'll have plenty of time to prepare!

22. BOYRACER

BOYRACER Karting

May 9, 2004
    Mike on a kinder note, I hear the cayman S got your attention. I know a guy who got one for 5k off MSRP and I think soon there will be even better deals. My dad mentioned you were considering one....I would say wait it out about 4-5 more months and you will be able to get them for a steal

23. BOYRACER

BOYRACER Karting

May 9, 2004

Mine is not that deep, but seeing that I will not be losing I guess it does not really matter. Husker name the track/type of vehicle/time! Should be fun showing that the P-car guys are superior track drivers to the F-car guys =)

24. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Drove it... a real kick in the pants! Definitely does not sound like much, but a blast! Great lines too, has the thumbs up from the wife, but I can not justify the expense at this time (big plans in the works).
    I would NEVER pay MSRP. I'll wait a year, let someone take a 10-15K hit on it.
    Your dad was hasseling me that it is not a "real" Porsche... unlike his grocery getter Cayanne! That turbo definitely gets the ice cream home before it is melted! (tell him I said that!!!!!!!)

BTW... dont sweat this whole go-kart thing. "Friendly" competition is an oxymoron, especially when dealing with a group that could easily be described as overachievers (spelling?). Passions were and apparently still are running high. I had a great time last year, did not see anything bad, but was not looking for it. Maybe it happened, maybe not, probably in the middle somewhere. Look forward to a good time this year.

25. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well, Ghandi,;), I think that you missed the point... Yes, the FOC sponsors the event. Organizes the event. But it is openly advertised in FChat because it is open for anybody. FChat users. FCA Members. FOC members. Friends of them. Anyone who wants to join in. And that has always been the case with all of our drives and events.

Come on, Man. Have you ever felt like you weren't a welcome part of any aspect of this? Whether you have, had, or don't own a Ferrari? Or a member of the FOC? Everybody has always been welcomed in on everything we've put together. Every Drive. Every event. Regardless of whether or not they own a Ferrari. Or whether or not they are a member of the FOC. Am I right? That has nothing to do with this.

But, this was an outing comprised completely of Amateurs. Just getting together to have a good time with some friendly competition. And pretty much everyone had the same level of experience. My point was that if someone knows that he is far Superior in that Karting aspect. What would be the point of coming in and then blowing away a bunch of Amateurs? Personally, had it been me. I just wouldn't have signed up. To me, "winning" in a situation like that just doesn't have any luster. Know what I mean?

And, IMO, if anybody had any "Hard Feelings" about it, they are rightly deserved.

O.K. 'Nuff said. I'm done with this. Water under the Bridge. And all that sort of rot. Yes, everyone had a good time, and judging by the response this year. Our 3rd. annual, already! Looks like they will this year, too.