Go Kart Racing - Relationships - Finance - Kitchen sink | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Go Kart Racing - Relationships - Finance - Kitchen sink

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Feb 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Mike check your PM please :)

2. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Aw, come on now, this is getting silly. Lighten up Frank!

Ferrari guy, Porsche guy... whatever. I plan on being both! Porsches are amazing machines, always have been. They have loyalty like no other brand of car (ever meet someone who owned a really bad (i.e. expensive) Ferrari?).
    This was a go-kart race, nothing else. He has way more experience that the rest of us, big deal. Still just a go-kart race. I doubt Boyracer came just to "smoke the Ferrari guys".... most of us drive wussy 308s! 80% of the cars on the road could smoke us!

Lets hope this "friendly competition" we have coming up does not end up the same way. Like I said, a bunch of near over achievers, competitors, etc... mix in the smell of burnt fuel, mobile machines, and a lot of testosterone... we could start WWIII!!!

I, for one, am gonna smoke all - you - alls a$$es!!!! (props to my Cornholers, I mean Cornhusker!) ;)

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    You know what. You are right, Spike. It really isn't worth the argument anymore. Whats done is done. And, the funny thing is. I didn't even race! But, being the Oldest of 8 Boys. I have always been one to stick up for something/someone that I believe in. Even if my help wasn't requested. I guess it's a bad habit of mine....:)

Yeah, I owned one of them, too.

4. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I know about that as we have not seen eye to eye on many stupid topics, ( ie: medical exhibits at the MoSI.) However, meeting you, knowing you, having respect for you it is easy for anyone to see that you're simply a very passionate person. There is nothing wrong with that. Im sorry for this unrelated to karting post but I think one of the best qualities about Frank is his tough love for things. I'd think that is something not to change, I admire you much and always enjoy your stories and opinions... besides the body failing, the heart is there and if that won races you'd be a WC in some capacity... until Jr grows up.

RocketBoy

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sniff....sniff...Thanks....Rocketboy.....sniff......I WAS going to take the 308 out for a little spin.....sniff.....but, am too misty eyed now.....

And.....sniff.....no.....I am not......sniff.....snorting Cocaine right now.......Wahhhhhh!!!!

Seriuosly. Well, thank you for that David. And judging by your passionate posts, I see that you are definitely somebody that does too.

O.K. Now I am going for that drive.....:)

6. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Land, air, or sea? ;)

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Better be air or sea. I think Boyracer already smoked you at gokart last year, didn't he?

8. BOYRACER

BOYRACER Karting

May 9, 2004

Hopefully land....I can't fly...I can drive a boat, but don't know if I can race one very well, but i think I am pretty fast swimmer lol.

I didn't beat him too bad, mike is pretty fast. Mike lets just stick to land, but I do want to sky dive really badly so I might have to contact you because I want to jump this summer for sure!

9. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    He definitely beat me... but I wouldn't say "smoked" ;)

Land doesn't only mean indoor karting, though :) (not to say he couldn't beat me on a road course in real cars as well... but we'll see ;))

10. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Whenever you want... just let me know a couple weeks in advance so I can make sure I won't be out of town for a meet or training.

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Need help packing the chute? Just kidding. :)

12. BOYRACER

BOYRACER Karting

May 9, 2004

hahaha I am sure there are a couple FOC guys that would love to pack my chute! ;)

13. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    There is nothing at all right about the sound of that......

14. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    LOL !!

15. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    hahahahaha... I see this thread's back has been broken ;)

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Speaking of which....thats why I cannot fathom jumping out of a perfectly good Airplane. I have enough broken bones as it is, caused by stuff here on Land....:(

Although, I know....I know....it's not the Jump that could get you.....It's that sudden stop at the end....(Worse if the Parachute fails to employ....:( )

Yeah, I think everyone got it all out of their systems....;)

17. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I was actually making a reference to brokeback mountain (with all the "packing someone's chute" stuff going on)... but yea, I think the thread chilled out too.

Believe it or not, a parachute failing to deploy is the least of your worries. It just isn't something that really happens (and if it does, you have a reserve). The thing to be more worried about is your parachute deploying too fast, which can lead to broken bones or even death.

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

LOL! Yeah, already caught that "Packing someones chute" thing a few posts back....

Remember when Kevin Matthews used to do the "Raymond Burr" thing.....Pretty funny....."Yes....Is it wrong for men to grill steaks together in their bathrobes...."......:)

No. I have a fear of heights. But, it's weird. Only with Tall Buildings. But going up in Planes doesn't bother me. I've been in lots of Jets. And even little Cessna's several times....(To me, that feels like being in a VW Bug up in the sky.)

19. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Not weird at all actually... I have the same fear, as do many other skydivers I know. Once you get beyond 10,000ft AGL or so, it just looks like squares, thin lines for roads, etc. When you're at 300-1400ft on a building, you can actually see things such as people and cars on the ground, and actually tell how high you are.

I'm hoping to conquer my fear of relatively low heights when I start BASE jumping this year :D

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Those guys are my absolute heroes. I think that is the coolest thing anyone can do. I wish there were more (or any for that matter) of those guys trying to leap off the downtown highrises.

Did you ever see that episode of Top Gear where Clarkson races an Audi against two extreme climbers? Priceless how they beat him "on the way down". :)

21. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    There are a lot more than you'd think. Jumping those buildings usually involves some form of trespassing, so the jumps are done at times (usually late in the night) when they are less likely to be seen.

I did see that episode of top gear... good stuff :)

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Remember when "Spider Dan" scaled the John Hancock building years ago? That was pretty cool. You'd see him on the news periodically from somewhere in the world scaling up some building. But, haven't seen him in many years. Hope he didn't....lose.....his ......Griiiiiiiiiiiipppppp!!!!!!! AAaahhhh!

23. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Man you guys are nuts :)

24. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Frank in particular!!! :D

I'm normal, just ask around! :)

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Confirmed racers:
    Mike Z.
    Mike's friend
    Richard
    Richard's friend
    Rick
    F1 Frank
    Bob
    Dave (T2)
    Haley
    Chelle
    Billiam
    Rocketboy
    Katie
    Dave B.
    Andreas

Please have $80 per person in cash or check ready for me on Saturday 2pm at CIR.