Go Kart Racing - Relationships - Finance - Kitchen sink | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Go Kart Racing - Relationships - Finance - Kitchen sink

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Feb 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! Hey, I can't help it that I'm high on life.....:) (after very closely almost being killed in 3 different motor vehicle "accidents". Of which none were my fault.....)

And....it is better than alot of things I was high on as a Yout'....:(

2. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Sorry, i will miss this years GO Kart event. This weekend i have a training mission at DuPage Airport i have to go to. Will be working on Homeland security things in the air and on the ground all weekend.

Hopefully the weather is nice this weekend for all of us!

3. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Too bad Todd, we'll miss ya!

4. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    As Firesign Theatre (A '60's comedy duo) once queried...

(incredulously asked) Who, me, high on false drugs? I'm high on the real thing, a full tank of gas, a clean windshield and a shoeshine.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #155 FerrariFrank1, Mar 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    LOL! Yes. I look at Life this way....I was very nearly Killed on 2 separate occassions in very severe Motor Vehicle Accidents. (None were my fault, BTW....) So, if I just so happen to wake up in the Morning. It is a Bonus....Pure and Simple...An "Extra", added day to my Life. Every single day for me is a Bonus.

Every day since October 14th.,1982. When I was T-Boned by a Bus while I was riding a Motorcycle. I wasn't killed, but almost lost all of my Blood. (The doctor said "Just a few more minutes and I would have".) I nearly had to have my leg amputated. But, they put in a couple of steel rods in my leg. I spent a week in ICU. And another Month in the Hospital in Traction. Then, spent almost a year with a leg cast, and another year in rehab.

Then, every day since November 20th.,1985. When I had to avoid a head on collision in my Corvette vs. a big 1970's Oldsmobile 98. I ended up missing the car, but when I got back on the wet pavement, my car spun into a telephone pole, nearly cutting the car in half. But breaking my neck in 2 places. But, I wasn't killed. I wasn't paralyzed. I spent a week in a "Halo". Then had surgery. I had 3 vertebrae fused. Then, another week in the Hospital. And about a year rehabbing.

And since July 21st., 2001, which was a very close call....I was stopped at a stoplight on a State Highway, and was Rear ended by a Full sized Van that was doing 60MPH. It completely blew out what was left of my neck, and my lower back. Again, I didn't get killed. I didn't get paralyzed. But I did have to have 2 more surgeries and have even more steel implants put in my neck and back. Now my whole neck, all 7 vertebrae, are Fused with Wires, Rib Bones, Steel plates and Screws. And I have 2 steel implants, with 4-3" screws in my lower back.

Therefore, I choose to enjoy every one of them the best that I can. And that usually always has to include humor. Oh sure. I can be dead serious when I need to be....Or when I want to be....But, I usually find serious people as really funny. Whether they realize it or not....:)

But, hey. Life is tooo short. I lost my best buddy back in 1997 when he was just 36. So, what the hell. Enjoy life. And, I just happen to think that if you can laugh, or even just smile everyday. To me, that makes Life that much better. Even better yet if I can make someone else Laugh or Smile, too....:) Soooooo.....try as I may.......;)

All I can say is this: "You have to be a little bit nuts, or you'll go crazy" And, Visa versa....:)

First pix are how the car "used" to be....:) Then, afterwards....:(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Our briefing begins at 2pm sharp. So please be at CIR at least 15 minutes earlier: Those who have never raced there need to sign in etc which takes some time and also I'd like to collect the $ 80 from those of you who haven't paid yet.

No alcohol before 4pm for the drivers please or CIR won't let you race!

After the briefing we go to the locker rooms and get dressed with CIR's overalls and helmets. You have to bring shoes (sneakers). At 3pm the first of our 4 races will begin.

We're done racing at 4pm and then head to the bar/restaurant on the 2nd floor for drinks, games and the trophies.

Confirmed racers:
    Mike Z.
    Mike's friend
    Richard
    Richard's friend
    Rick
    F1 Frank
    Bob
    Dave (T2)
    Haley
    Chelle
    Billiam
    Rocketboy
    Katie
    Dave B.
    Andreas

7. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    OH NO!!!! You invited Dave???

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    B. as in Bendl. What's so special about that? You guys raced each other before.

9. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Dave B., Yes we have raced against each other before, but he smells bad!! :D

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    One more thing: EVERYBODY MUST REGISTER AT THE ENTRANCE. Tell them you are with the "Forrer Racing" group. They need your name to feed the timing/scoring computer. You don't pay them however, I paid for you already.

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K., Folks. I have the Trophies, and they are looking really good. Different than the last 2 years. Wow! I can't believe how fast the time has gone by....This is already the "3rd. Annual Karting Event"!!!

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Today at 2pm!

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Congratulations to Richard for taking first in FOC and first overall.

1. Richard
    2. tifosi12
    3. John Bulger
    4. Chelle
    5. Robert (twin)
    6. Haley
    7. Dave
    8. F1 Frank
    9. Jon (twin)
    10 Billiam
    11 Daytona Rick

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #164 FerrariFrank1, Mar 18, 2006
    Well, the 3rd. Annual F.O.C. Karting Event was another success!...:) Thanks Andreas for setting it up. And, all I can say is this: You guys are lucky that I can't drive one....;) LOL!

We had a nice drive home. But, was again reminded, as is the same case EVERY YEAR once driving season starts.... Of those dreaded idiots who have to weave in and out of traffic, putting not just their own, but everyone else's lives in danger.... To catch up to you, then try to get you to race 'em. Pathetic Morons! Aaaarrrggghhhh! :(

O.K. here are some Pix.....:)

First few are of Junior practicing....Oh yeah...he's got everyone in his sights...Just wait....:)

A couple of the Pony's that made it out for a little run, today.

Then, we have our Ferrari Owners Club winners!!!

15. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Thanx everyone for a wonderful night. We had a great time and enjoyed the "after party" upstairs too.
    I got the penalty box on my third qualifying race. Someone was sideways and I caught the back of their car and turned them around a little more - whoever it was, sorry about that, I didn't mean to make your sideways situation worse. :(

Rick, I hope all is well with your ribs.

Looking forward to next year :)
    Chelle

16. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #166 FerrariFrank1, Mar 18, 2006
    Did someone mention.....Ribs!......:)

17. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hey,
    It was good seeing everybody! Thanks to Andreas for another great event.

Sorry Rick, hope you feel better soon. (T-Boned him hard)

How's everybody else feeling? :D

18. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    Thanks Andreas for a great time.

My forearms are killing me!

19. SpyderGirl

SpyderGirl Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    Haley
    It was much fun! Tanx Andreas...twas was great to see everyone again.

I am not doing to hot here, I have knots and bruises on the back of my legs from the bar between the seat and the pedals, and bruises on my shoulder blades. I need to see about getting a seat insert next year...the pedal extentions helped, but not enough. :)

Hope you are feeling ok Rick.

It wont be but a few more years til Frank Jr. is whoopin all of us. ;)

Time to go settle in for this weeks F1.

See y'all again real soon!!

20. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Man were to start....I really enjoyed myself and being able to talk to everyone this time around....Thanks, Andreas for putting it together again....Thanks, Frank for the FOC info....Thanks, Rich for getting me hooked on that 348 of yours DAMN YOU....Thanks, Chelle and Haley for the offer to drive that beautiful machine you guys have put so much time and sweat into, believe me just seeing that thing in person would be joy enough....Thanks, Rick for trying to shut the door on me but failed MUHAHAHA I came in 8th and you came in 11th :D....There were others there that I remember there faces but forgot there names so to you guys I say Thanks as well.

21. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thanks to those who asked, Ribs are still sore and will be for awhile. I'm more sore that I couldn't finish the last lap of the final heat to end up better than last place. No grudges, so Bill and whoever clipped me I'm not out for revenge but I'll be back next year.

My niece was over and gave me a checkup, she's a nurse. She feels that I have two cracked ribs. So massive dosage of Ibuprofen for a few days. Laying low would have been the smart thing to do on Sunday but I had a job of laying a laminate wood floor that had to be done. Oh Ouch! Plan to take it easy for the next few days.

Hey Frank you got "Food" too much on your mind. Hey just like me.

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's the spirit!

Hope it isn't too painful for the time being. Your 11th place finish definitely doesn't reflect the speed you had prior to that. I know cause I was behind you at times.

23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! Rick. Just get yourself a nice, high quality, well Seasoned "Rib Rub" and rub it on the sore area really good. It will tenderize it and take the swelling down.....Then, take some BBQ sauce. Put it iover the affected area, then wrap snuggly......Whoa! Not TOOOO Tight there, big guy!!!....with an Ace bandage. You'l be alright.

24. MikeAR303

MikeAR303 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Cracked ribs suck... not much you can do about them besides wrapping and pain killers.

25. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Rick....Buddy....I think that the time has come where we need to start discussing calcium supplements......