Goddess Unveiled – My 328 Arrives | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Goddess Unveiled – My 328 Arrives

Discussion in '308/328' started by venusone, Aug 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino

I can't wait!!! Again, congrats Karen! Welcome to the 328 club! :)

2. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    AHHHH UR killin me!

3. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Karen: I know that you've been a member of the FCA since 2001... it's GREAT that you've had the interest for several years and now have gotten one of your own! Congratulations and best wishes. I look forward to meeting you at some of the local events. Are you going to the Savannah track event in October?

I hope you'll also "stop by" the South Central forum here at
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Mike Charness
    www.fca-se.com

4. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

You go girl..........!!!!

Congrats !!!!

5. atheyg

atheyg Guest

One of many things I like about my 328 is that is looks quite different depending on the angle and distance you are looking at it or if it's in motion, 328s are one of the most beautiful exotics ever made.

I know your feeling, when I drove the 328 home over 350 miles I kept looking at the Cavallino horn button and couldn't believe I was driving a Ferrari let alone my Ferrari.

Congrats

6. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    ...with a teaser-promo like that i'm REALLY looking forward to those pics now... :)
    being an artist myself i like coming up with something 'different' too...

congrats on a fantastic car...

all the best...
    GT

7. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Congrats on what sounds like a gorgeous car! Enjoy it.

8. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Ok, so it will be next week before I can take photos. Therefore, I’m attaching some taken at the dealership in NY because I can’t wait to show you guys the car. This town is a mess right now w/ hurricane Frances heading coastward. Half of Fla is bailing out just now & traffic is crazy. I just set up my “CarDomain” site , including 3 of my other cars, so it's nothing fancy.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/snapshot1

9. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    One Word...BEAUTIFUL!!!

10. Manny

Manny Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Manuel
    Wow! Congratulations! It is awesome. The description you gave of your first encounter is really powerfull IMO. Your thread helps people like me that dream about owning one their own too by making the dream real. Thank you Venus.

11. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Congrats! Looks aggressive in black. "The best Ferrari ever built. Period." - accdg. to Keith Martin's "Collecting Ferrari"
    book (was actually a quote by Steve Ahlgrim-former
    manager FoA).

12. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary

What dealership? I have a 1989 Black on Black 328, and I knew that Ferrari of L.I. had one (6 months ago). Is that the one you bought?

13. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Karen,

Congratulations. It sounds awesome. Best wishes

14. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Yes. I bought it from Demetrio Merlino at Ferrari of Long Island. He was great in helping me w/ the long distance purchase. BTW: I was born in Freeport, Long Island. I took it as a good omen.

15. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary

Demetrio is a great guy. I know the car. The guy that owned it lived on Long Island. He might of been the original owner. Best of luck. I may be wrong but I believe that there are only about 25 1989 GTS's, black on black.

16. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Is that true?!!! 25 is a good number. How many 89 328s were produced in all? And in what color? Where to go to find out these details?

17. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
  18. Gary Res

Gary Res Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    Full Name:
    Gary
    The worldwide production was about 1,517 GTS's for 1989.I forget the exact (or about) numbers but 85% were Red, the remaining were split between about 4 different colors. That would leave about 50 or so that were Black. Some Black cars had tan interior and some had black. If it was split evenly (don't know for sure) that would leave about 25 cars that were black on black. On the registry (last time I checked), there were only three (1989) cars black on black. I know the one of them (Dave Carter, member here). So black on black is pretty rare. Contacted Ferrari in Italy, but suprisingly so they don't have the numbers. What did ferrari do to the car before they gave it to you?