Godsil Manhattan V16 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Godsil Manhattan V16

Discussion in 'Special Projects & Concept Cars' started by Exotica Motorsports, Nov 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Jason,
    I think I may have some understanding about the packaging concerns with a DOHC design. My father who has been retired for about 10yrs was a Ford mechanic for about 30yrs and we often discussed the 32v GT500 engine and how it basically had to be pulled for a simple sparkplug change (not sure how true that is) but those heads are huge.

Congratulations on making national news.

2. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    Thank you

3. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    hi any updates on this?

4. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    Thank you for your interest in the project. We are working on the prototype engine now and we have the design of the car done and a clay model done. We were hoping to have funding in place by now but that is definitely the toughest part of this or any venture. We have some investor interested and we are still pushing for a debut at the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in Manhattan next summer.

5. Mr. V

Mr. V Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    So, how are things coming with the car?

Any pics you can post?

Funding in place yet?

6. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    Hello,

Right now we are working on developing the production dual overhead cam V16 and the body of the car. At this time, we are still paying for all this out of pocket since we have not secured any investor yet. Seems like all the venture capital people want to just invest in the next app or social media crap. We are still moving forward as much as we can though. All updates can be found at Godsil Industries. Thanks.

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I wish you good luck, but I feel this car has come along 20 years to late. Your best to scrap the v16 and figure out away to go either hydrogen or electric. You will have a very hard time finding investors to invest in a technology that is rapidly on the way out.

8. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    I appreciate your feedback but I am still bullish on the internatal combustion engine. I do believe we need to run it on a new fuel which is why we are building our V16 to use natural gas which is 1/3rd cleaner than gasoline and we are the "Saudi Arabia" of natural gas. We could be energy independent if we changed our vehicles to NG. The first rechargeable battery electric vehicle was invested in 1859 and in 1900 there were more electric cars on the road than gasoline but they faded away. It was the thing to think about in the '60s but didn't go anywhere. The '90s saw the GM push and then the hybrids in the 2000s. It will stick around longer this time because of Musk's advances but I still don't believe it will replace the ICE. Batteries are dirty to create, have a finite lifespan and depending on where you live in the US they can be just as dirty to drive due to the way electricity is created. A year ago a Bloomberg article came out saying the Chinese government has reversed its previous push towards electric cars. They had been pushing for people to buy them over Gas online but they found that since they are a coal power plant electric grid country the electric cars were actually causing more pollution than gasoline.

ICEs can be rebuilt many times and could potentially be on the road for hundreds of years. I know a bunch of small block Chevys will be on the road in another hundred years if they aren't banned. Battery powered cars can't. They can't be rebuilt and probably won't be able to be recycled. There is one place I found in like Sweden that recycles the batteries and Tesla is saying they are going to have a recycle program but there are items in the battery that the EPA seams hazardous so they will not be 100% recycled and the rest will be landfill. Not the case for ICEs. If you think of all the wrecked junk cars you see in people's yards now just imagine 20 years from now when all those cars have a 1200lbs battery in them that even the EPA says is hazardous.

9. Flo400

Flo400 Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Exactly what I've been saying all the time!

Also, the internet is not going to stay and we will all go back to handwritten letters in my opinion.

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I think diesel-electric or some combination of is the way to go. Freight trains use it for their dependability and torque. You could use natural gas I suppose to power the electrical generator to then power the individual wheels the car. Best of both worlds.