Going to Las Gatos too... | FerrariChat

Going to Las Gatos too...

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by dbaker89, Dec 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dbaker89

dbaker89 Formula 3

Sep 29, 2007
    Reno, Nevada
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Look at Ferrari's!

A friend and I are going to road trip shortly after Christmas this year to Las Gatos for two reasons.

1) So he can pick up his car (not an Fcar)
    2) To look at exotics!

So. I understand that the dealership is a great place to go to look at exotics, but how about out in public? Where do all the exotics in Las Gatos hang out at?

Thanks in advanced!

Dan Baker

2. Jeff SD

Jeff SD Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    San Diego
    There used to be a monthly meet at Santana Row. You may want to post in the No Cal section.

Cheers

J

3. palmer8

palmer8 Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Los Gatos native here! (one town over actually, but close enough)

Los Gatos is in Nor. Cal. so you should re-post this in our section, but I should be able to give you lots of help.

The dealership is Silicon Valley Auto Group right? The guys there are really great and always friendly. They also have a great selection of cars: Currently they have 2 F40s, 2 Saleen S7s, 1 Veyron, and another Veyron on the way. Which car is your friend picking up? I have likely seen it and photographed it, but would love to see it out on the streets where it belongs.

Downtown Los Gatos is a FANTASTIC place to see exotics. It is a small downtown, but there are some amazing cars in the area, and if you are luck you will see some real prizes. Look out for an all-Black Veyron that is owned by a local guy. In addition the owner of Silicon Valley Auto Group has one of the most amazing car collections in the area, but I have only had the pleasure of seeing two of his cars on the road. (He has an F40, F50, Enzo, MC12, Veyron, but I have only seen the MC12 and F40).
    Tell me when you are going to be in town and maybe I can show you around.

There is a weekly exotic meet at a high end shopping center called Santana Row in San Jose. It happens every Saturday morning and runs from about 9:00 to 10:45 with a couple of different drives going on after it. There are some nice driving roads in the area, and these guys really tear them up, so if you are up for it you will no doubt have a blast. But make sure you bring something that can keep up w/ a group that is usually led by 2-3 GT3 RS's driving VERY hard. Santana Row is great for spotting exotics no matter the time of day though. There is almost always something to be found there.

Anyways, maybe PM me the dates/details for your trip and I can find some fun car-related things to do!
    -Chris Palmer