going to ride in a 500hp hotrod tomarow | Page 2 | FerrariChat

going to ride in a 500hp hotrod tomarow

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Prancing_Horse, Feb 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  2. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  3. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  4. mrdigital

mrdigital Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Nashville
    Here's some american fun.

5. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    My altered roadster was a 454 block with stroker to 477, heads ported and polished, Crower roller cam, tuned headers, Jahns pop-up pistons, Tarantula high-rise, 900 cfm carb. I ran a two speed powerglide with a 3000 rpm stall speed torque converter and 3:90 gears. Had less than $20k in the car with a full tube chasis, fiberglass '23 t-bucket drag race body, wheelie bars, drag chute and all the rest. Absolute blast to drive. The ultimate adrenalin rush when you hit it off the line. With the short 96 inch wheelbase it was a real handful to keep control of. But when it went straight it would push your eyeballs back in their sockets (or at least it felt like it) and it felt like you tried to push them back out when the chute opened. Boy did it make your heart pump. Fun,fun,fun....................:>)

6. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Here's a little American Heavy Metal for ya. 1926 Model T Streetrod with Blown 289, Holley 650 double pumper, 2500 Stall speed converter and Ford 8 inch rear end. Makes for a lot of fun on a car weighing less than 2K pounds.

7. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I love the 70-73 firebird t/a's!

8. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    nice car pics guys!!! thanks for the comment Rob, I SHOULD HAVE NEVER SOLD THE GREEN TRANS AM!!!!!!!!!!! that car was a special order 1973 super duty 455, brewster green ( rare i year color) with green and white custom interior ( i know , YUCK!) the car had a back seat console too which is super super super rare. i got $$$$$$$$ for it but still i will most likely never see one of those again!!!! i am hunting a 1970 to 1972 RALLY SPORT Z28 4 speed ( yes another one). i have chosen to find a euro carb ( 76 to 79) 308 , gtb over a gts. anyone know of one let me know. even after i get the fcar i will always have a trans am or beater Z28 around for grins and giggles!!!!!!!!

9. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    car reaper check out www.vintagecarstore.com they have a 79 GTB listed on their site. It looks like it has euro bumpers on it so it may be a true euro. The side mirrors for it aren't correct. I don't know anything about this car or the dealer just figured I'd point it out to you.
    I hope you got big money for your 73 SD455 if it was a matching numbers car that is a big$$$$ car. Seems like now is a good time to sell muscle cars as people are shelling out high dollars for them now. Is the white one you have a real Formula? Looks like a 70.

10. thecarreaper

Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    yes Rob its( was ) a real ( 1972) formula 400 with RAM AIR 3 motor and a 4 speed. with the exception of the red 4 speed vette, i have sold all the other cars in the last few months to make room for the ferrari. thank you for the info, i will go to the site and check them out.. michael

11. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Those are some mean cars guys. Im a sucker for American Muscle. TQ is a beautiful thing.