Gold Wheels | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Gold Wheels

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Peter K., Nov 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The Fez

The Fez Rookie

Feb 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stephen Griffin
    This is not a Ferrari, nor a Lamborghini....but it is drawn by the same gentleman that is responsible for the Countach, Stratos & many others. I was looking for a gold colour for the wheels (Cromodora CD66) on my car, and Joe Sackey was kind enough to point me to this thread..Man thanks....

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. That is a sweet X1/9.

The Fez likes this.
  3. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    See, now that's an X-19 that would make me start thinking about them. Fantastic wheels and size, lights on the front. Post some more pics.

The Fez likes this.
  4. The Fez

The Fez Rookie

Feb 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stephen Griffin
    hyenahf, Peter K. and EarlyCat like this.
  5. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    That's a cool little ride. If I owned it I would leave head lights up and mount 3-4 rally fog/driving lights on the hood, replace tires with vintage Michelin or Pirellis fm Longstone. I would probably look at all the Lancia and Fiat rally cars for inspiration. Part of me would consider flares mounted rally style, bolted on...and same wheels but wider. You got yourself a very cool car.

The Fez likes this.
  6. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I'm glad that the paint code I have provided here satisfies you all...

for the joke… the owner of these SV wheels told me they were still with original paint, incorrect ?

7. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Anyone got the paint code for Gold wheels?
    R

Ellagirl likes this.
  8. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  9. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
  10. mrtiticus

mrtiticus Rookie

Dec 8, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Full Name:
    Michael Joel
    When you hear back, please will you share? I thought the conclusion from the thread that Joe linked to was RAL 1036 Pearl Gold Metallic with matte clear on top. Thanks!

11. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    That's about right.

If I may say so myself, gold wheels are a nice touch especially if the car was built that way at the works, that said I like silver wheels too, my personal favorite is whatever color tinted with a little brake dust, then its perfect.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

S_AGATA and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes, that seems to be the consensus. Think it was Satin clear and not matt ? But it worried me looking through the thread just how different RAL 1036 was looking on some wheels in the thread. On Joe's QV, in the daylight, it looks right. Lets see if Chris and co come back to me. I will of course post the resultant.

Cheers
    R

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Rob are you goin' gold?

14. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I'll like to Joe, scratch the itch etc. But your man Chris is not responding to my email :( If you speak to him, can you bump him please?

Tks
    R

15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    He is super-busy with those restorations, but I think you are safe with RAL 1036 Pearl Gold Metallic with satin clear.

16. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hi Joe and OK, will grab a sample to view.

Cheers
    Rob

17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Harry went gold from the original silver, I'm sure his source has the formula ready to go and he'd be happy to share that with you, easiest way forward IMO.

Spyder-Man likes this.
  18. Image Unavailable, Please Login
    That’s what I did. My car looks like the car in post # 14353. While I believe this is a correct color, I think it is one of several shades used & a different mix than Joe's car. From my computer screen Joe's looks more of a champagne color. I absolutely love the color, however I do not think it is what you're looking for, Rob.

19. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hi and thanks for the post and the picture. I've ordered a sample of Perlgold 1036 and will take a look. I agree, your car's wheels and others which are Perlgold 1036 seem a lot darker than Joes' wheels. Of course the camera, the sunlight, the alignement of the planets :D all make a difference.

My best
    R

20. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
  21. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Rob you need to go white for the true 80's look

22. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
    I went white on both my white/white cars and I'm very happy, but I agree - the red car with white wheels doesn't do it for me. Black with white could look good, but then I would prefer black with the paler gold of what you have shown, or silver. Personally I think white wheels work best on white cars, and other color wheels work best on other colors.

ken qv, Spyder-Man and joe sackey like this.
  23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    That looks darker than the factory formula, which IMO was always basically the same for gold wheels throughout all the Countach variants as I have personally observed them on new cars from the early 80s on.

I'm not trying to discourage you and know everyone must make themselves happy, however, if you ask my advice I say the factory color (silver or gold) is cool so leave it that way and save your money, it's a lot of hassle if it comes out wrong as often happens.

Rossocorsa1 likes this.