"Golden Oak" - Disney | FerrariChat

"Golden Oak" - Disney

Discussion in 'Florida' started by mikesufka, Aug 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    A friend of mine is building here. I've never heard of it and found it interesting he'd want to be in the middle of Disney, rather than the coast, AZ, etc... Pro's / Con's ? Comments ? I know nothing about it and haven't had a chance to talk to him about it.

Is there a place to track your car near by ?

MDS

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I don't know much about it other than it's the most expensive area of Orlando pretty much now with the high end places going for $2,000/sqft if not more (not a typo). My brother is a team lead programmer with Disney and made the fast pass system and apparently all the Golden Oak residents get #1 priority and a bunch of other stuff as preference for the parks and he has to make sure that gets taken care when they implement a new system. So since your friend wants to be in Disney then it's the place to be. Celebration (another Disney built area) doesn't get that level of service.

rhern213 and mikesufka like this.
  3. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    Sebring is 1:30 hrs south, Daytona is even closer.

We have good friends that live near there and are big "Disney" people. If I'm not mistaken Golden Oak is the only residential community within the actual Disney park grounds. As @BMW.SauberF1Team said, it is the most exclusive and expensive area in Orlando because of that. You get all kinds of VIP priority access to anything related to Disney. The community was developed by Four Seasons, so you also get access to all of their resorts as well. You can easily pay over $2M there for empty lots. I understand the appeal for retirees with deep pockets who will use every single amenity and vip treatment all day every day. However IMO for families that still work regularly and won't always be there, I don't see the potential value even as an investment.

mikesufka likes this.
  4. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    As above and above. I’ll add you will have great value which will only increase but you will have homes/ estates which are 50% of the size of comparable high end communities in other areas. The brand tax is hefty even for the Seasons.

On the plus (or minus) many neighbors are rarely there but are mostly Asian and Russian.

For Disney people, it is the best place to live /own outside of the Disney castle.

I tried to convince my wife when we moved here but it was too far for me to work and the schools of choice are a bit distant.

We have good friends there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. zeeshan6

zeeshan6 Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Zeeshan
    I spent a lot of time at the FS property its probably top 5 of their property's overall. Just fantastic. Excellent golf course, dinning and amenities. They are not the only residences on Disney property (not parks) but they are the only luxury ones. It is definitely on the higher side of the Orlando community spectrum but there are plenty mega mansions in Winter Park/Windermere that are more sought after.

With all this said the area is the most secure and safe neighborhood I know of. Being that you are on Disney property and the actual residences are gated within the gated community its as safe as it gets. The $7600 annual hoa is a bit steep but you can see where the money is spent. You also have a good proximity to Universal, Dr. Phillips, Sea World and International Drive its a pretty prime location. Your money still goes pretty far in Orlando so not sure if I would spend $3Mil+ for it.

6. lambchop

lambchop Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    Have stayed there multiple occasions and it's the only way I can be convinced to go to Disney. Fabulous property. Hotel pool area is great if staying at FS with kids. Fantastic service. I don't golf but course looks sharp.