Goodbye, ILLinois | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Goodbye, ILLinois

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by spike308, Apr 1, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I wish you would, the rest of our world needs to read this kind of thinking, it would make for some interesting reading.

2. alfas

alfas Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2009
    chicago
    #77 alfas, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013

I hardly hated on the successful, I called foul on the hostility towards a system that supported them attaining their wealth. Is said system imperfect, of course, does Springfield need a clue, absolutely, has it been proven that with hard work even here people can achieve success, ummmm, yes...

As for others lack of wealth not being related to someone else's wealth, that's comical given the current state of affairs. Enjoy your Fox sunday morning political show with your coffee while I'm working getting ready for a client meeting tomorrow am.

My limited thoughts lead me to understand that both sides are corrupt and in need of a kick to the curb, not just one as most around here insist... nice try though calling me the problem or incapable of forming an independent thought on matters.

As for my post belying anything as you assert, I am fully capable of respecting hard work and achievement and yet call out the irony of criticizing the "hostile" system that supported the accumulation of said good fortune however imperfect it may be.

The word "entitlement" takes on a whole new meaning around here sometimes...

3. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Andreas, if you think ILL's problems all or mostly originate from Springfield, you are sadly mistaken...
    The City of Chicago is in(famous) for its crookedness.
    Taxes, massive inefficient / multilayered "government", etc. etc.

Just wait till the pension house of cards comes tumbling down. There will be gov't shut downs, riots, massive school closings, cops / EMS will go on strike....

I will watch with great sadness, but relief that I'm no longer helping pull the cart.

4. alfas

alfas Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2009
    chicago
    #79 alfas, Apr 14, 2013
    so BO and Springfield have what do do with this exactly???

the American dream right here in Illinois... good, it can happen.

Life is hard sometimes, we've all been through that.

BO and Springfield had what to do with this? and when you bought where did it say there was no risk involved with buying an expensive property preventing it from ever losing value?

Yet other companies will soldier on. That's not to say or belittle there aren't challenges ahead but at the same time that does not preclude making different decisions that might mitigate the loss of half of your staff that has brought you to this point in your success. Obviously not knowing your situation(not my business) it's all conjecture on my part yet having been a business owner on a smaller scale I can understand some of what you face.

Again, the American dream, well done, sincerely.

Certainly there are those "facets" to the argument but as was pointed out there more often that not are others as well. Maybe people are fed up with an increasingly stacked system as just one example.

There are bozo's everywhere, no one has the exclusive on that. The book could be a good read possibly. Maybe Springfield will get the message, maybe not, time will tell.

change is good, stasis dies on the vine.

if it's about Chicago/Illinois and respectful, why?

It was used to illustrate a point and the information was hung out there by you by your choice, so agreed not my "business" per say yet you put it there. Which way would you like it in the wilds of the internet?

And to add, it seems how you spend your money is relevant to what's happening in this state as your/mine/everyone else who lives here contribute to the tax base and the states ongoing ability to meet its obligations, hence the debates that rage on and foster such division.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #80 tifosi12, Apr 14, 2013
    I'm not discounting that a lot of the problems come from what's going on in Chicago, but the decision makers sit in Springfield. They could end it all with a vote. They have the power to do so yet are incable of doing it.

q.e.d.

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I really have no time or desire to prolong this discussion but I'd like to give you just one example:
    Quinn (even after he was warned about the consequences) doubled the corp. tax and almost doubled the income tax to create additional revenue in order to save the state pension fund.
    Revenues did not go up,big companies were exempt,small ones either moved or adjusted their operations,more people went on welfare,pension fund is still bankrupt.
    I don't mind paying taxes as long as I don't see it wasted as badly as this state is doing it,time and time again,not enough time and space to give more examples and not my role to try and educate you.
    Also,you assume too much,I don't know about others but I have not watched Fox in months,my TV is off on Sundays anyway.
    This discussion is becoming more and more political,even when respectful,belongs to P&R according to the rules of FChat.
    I hesitate only because the move would reduce the access to this discussion only to the "rich" folks who are able to afford the subscription.....

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I feel your pain and I appreciate that you haven't moved it yet to the waste dump that P&R is.

Once you move it there, I'm done with it. Zero interest in yet another mud wrestling contest.

8. alfas

alfas Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2009
    chicago
    #83 alfas, Apr 14, 2013
    My fox comment was not in response to anything you said as it was to another post by someone else. No assumption on my part about your sunday morning tv habits in the least.

there you go assuming people can't afford $15 to hang out with the "cool" kids because they "want" to give it to Quinn and his cronies to bail out their flawed plans.... ;-)

9. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    With a "smiley", you didn't think I was serious?Did you?

10. alfas

alfas Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2009
    chicago
    with my wink, nor was I... just politely responding in kind...

internet loses the subtleties of a conversation sometimes...

11. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    must have been me
    I watch MAYBE 2 hours of TV per week (more, if there is a F1 race!)
    consists of Family Guy and the Simpsons!

12. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    I would gladly pay your subscription cost just to read your liberal ideology in P&R. Flash & Co needs your help. Just say yes.

13. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Not sure what that means,

Do you believe in the fixed size pie or that my wealth prevents you from accumulating wealth?

Kai

14. alfas

alfas Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2009
    chicago
    #89 alfas, Apr 14, 2013
    Thank you, I'm good for now as work is ramping up and less time will be spent around the forums I read.

I believe the system is corrupt on all sides and to add to that would definitely take things out of the realm of a local forum.

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Oops, did another 100 years pass already?

16. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Lol. Its a bit much for sure.

17. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    No flooding by me, but alot of rain. This by the way is not just a Chicago problem. The whole world has been having strange weather. I hope we don't go without much rain for 2 months now like last year as that causes even more problems!!!!

18. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Another good reason to head South, 5" reported at O'Hare and over 7" in Oak Brook. My place is dry, but had two pumps working at dad's to keep the water at bay. Come on Com Ed keep the electric on, DON'T GO OUT! Let's see, generator all ready, gas can full, just in case. Good Luck everyone!

19. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Luckily the yard around my house is many feet lower then the house itself
    I have a moat!
    Basement is dry, but I just drove around town... Lots of contractor / service guys/servpro trucks, large pumps being used, some streets are 1-2 ft under water

As Andreas said, we are good till, what? 2213?!?!

Ah, the Midwest !!!

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I attribute the climate change to global warming.

But I guess with that this thread will disappear into the sewer of P&R

21. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    My MB 450 GL which weighs close to 6,000 lbs. was turned into a boat briefly yesterday morning as I atempted to get my oldest boy to school. I hit a particularly deep patch of moving water and the flood waters lifted her, shut down the engine and carried her down the street. Where she finally came to rest against a high cement curb. It felt particularly strange to be in the drivers seat gripping the steering wheel of a powerless and rudderless boat. All I could do was watch the scenery pass by and wait for the water levels to receed. Actually quite scary when you have absolutely no control over your circumstances.

22. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    mmmm there was a 1/2 an inch of snow on my deck, now theres horizontal snow blowing past my office window.. wait, does my wall calendar read correctly? April, that cant be right. :eek:

23. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
  24. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Effective marketing comes from pointing our the deficiency of your competition. In this case, it should be a slam dunk for TX.

25. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    just to let you know... many have given up the term "global warming", because even many of the "true believers" realize it really isn't warming up.

Now they have switched to "climate change"... so it can fit whatever they want it to be.
    Bad tornado season? BAM! climate change
    hurricaine? BAM! you know it!
    drought / too much rain? One size fits all! Climate change!!!

but back to our regularly scheduled thread....
    I wish that global warming would catch up.... dayum... its COLD!