Goodbye Luis | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Goodbye Luis

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Gail, Mar 26, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    As most here, my first impression of Luis has always stuck with me.
    Dan (bobafett) and I had planned on going to Go Kart Racer sometime last year and at the last minute Dan to me "Can you pick up my friend. You two will get along."
    How right he was.
    The ride from the Starbucks by Luis's house up to GKR, he and I chatted the whole way, and on the way home, same thing. The stories he told just made me want to know more about someone who had done so much in his life yet someone who I hardly knew.

He was not a stranger to anyone. He will be missed.

Godspeed Luis.

Rich

2. Five

Five Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2006
    Silicon Valley, CA
    #52 Five, Mar 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. damage

damage Formula Junior

May 20, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jarod
    Can we do something for him at the next meet? Maybe print out one of the photos of him earlier in this thread and put it on a stand. People can come by and sign it? I think it would be great to give that to his parents if they're still in town by then. His parents will see how many friends he's made and how we'll all miss him.

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Andrew and I are already working on a memorial very similar to this, plus some more stuff. Details to follow.

--Dan

5. tony2ta

tony2ta Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    How can this be happening? He was just at our house the other day cracking jokes and laughing! Sometimes we all hear of serious accidents, but no empathetic feeling I have ever had can compare to losing "our Luis." I felt like I knew him for years the first time I had a conversation with him. So, happy-go-lucky, with honest eyes, and a warm heart. Right from the start I knew my opinion of him would only get better as the years rolled by.(I think everyone would agree, that each of us never wanted to lose his genuine friendship.) He was sensible, with taste and judgement, yet eager to approve of everyone he met. He gave sincere smiles and "real" hugs. I know Luis as a kid at heart, with so much positive energy in his countenance, that it was literally uplifting to be near him. Words cannot describe the deep loss in my heart. His memory will always be vivid in our minds, and his influence ever present. Some say that the brightes stars burn out the fastest.

Luis- To the afternoons we shared with the sunshine on our faces. To the laughs, the smiles and the fun! We love you, and we miss you. You lived a good life my friend, I hope to see you in the next someday...

6. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
  7. DimNSlow

DimNSlow Rookie

Dec 2, 2006
    San Francisco, Ca
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Dan, If I can offer any help with the memorial, please PM me. I will miss the drives and lunch up at Alice.

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    RIP.

I didnt know him but he seemed to be the kind of person you are happy to have as a friend for they are warm and welcoming.

What was his username on Fchat ?

9. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    GT-Racer

10. boxsterpro

boxsterpro Rookie

Mar 26, 2007
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Peter Smith
    Luis will be missed. I did not need to know that Luis was coming to our shop, I heard it. I met Luis when he bought his 911 from our dealership and have worked with him for about 7 years now. I have seen his car go from a normal 996C4 to a carbonfiber 3.8 monster car. I had a lot of fun driving his car when he would drop it off to be worked on, I would try and see how many car alarms I could set off. We used to talk too much when he dropped off his car for work and my boss would notice that, but I didn't care, he was fun to talk to. We had tons of fun at the track and would see him often hanging with the TRG crowd. I am sorry for your loss Gail, he will be missed.

Peter Smith

11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    After speaking to Dan and reading all these words, I feel as though I missed out by not meeting him.

My condolences to his family and friends. RIP

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    :( i remember reading some posts from him a few weeks ago.

Im very sorry for his family and friends.

13. Prancing Horse

Prancing Horse Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    #63 Prancing Horse, Mar 26, 2007
  14. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam
    #64 nizam, Mar 26, 2007
  15. Gail

Gail Rookie

Mar 26, 2007
    I'm overwhelmed at the heartfelt outpouring of warmth, thoughts and prayers from all of you.The memories you shared of Luis have brought me smiles, laughter and tears (mostly all at once). I appreciate each and every one of your posts through this difficult time, it is helping me to heal and I hope it will do the same for all of you that share this pain.

Sincerest thanks to all,
    Gail

16. SANguru

SANguru Formula 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Josh
    #66 SANguru, Mar 26, 2007
  17. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    #67 Itzkirb, Mar 26, 2007
  18. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I never met Luis, but have been to SR several times and almost made it to the most recent meeting. Every day when I drive home, I pass the tree that Gary crashed his Enzo into... it's still hard to believe when someone you know, or a friend or loved one is suddenly is gone. Time does help.

RIP Luis.

Ray

19. VRAlexander

VRAlexander Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2007
    Las Vegas
    My condolences to his family....

Rest in Peace

20. Fyrrari

Fyrrari Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    David
    Gail,

We are out of the country on vacation, and just read the news... still cannot get over it. Words cannot describe how terrible we feel. Luis' personality was "larger than life" and he touched us all from the first time we met him. Simply put, his smile was infectious.

We will never forget the boat trip up to Garlic Bros. last summer. It was that day that we learned just how amazing Luis really was.

You and Luis are both in our thoughts and our prayers...

If there is ANYTHING we can do-please let us know.

Respectfully,

David, Mary and Mariah.

21. alex911s

alex911s Rookie

Dec 20, 2006
    Mountain House, CA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I was deeply saddened when I heard about Luis...

I wished I was able to make it Saturday to see him one last time..
    He is such a great guy and full of joy..

My condolences to you Gail and your family...

22. june_gl

june_gl Karting

Sep 18, 2006
    California
    #73 june_gl, Mar 27, 2007
  23. kem

kem Rookie

Jun 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Fil
    I am truly saddened by the news. I knew Luis from meets and drives and his personality was so fun loving and approachable. From the first time I met him he was so friendly and enthusiastic, he treated everyone like a friend.

He will be truly missed. My condolences go out to this family.

24. tkc

tkc Rookie

Mar 26, 2007
    Hello everyone, my name is Toby and I was at the Santana Row meet with the group of BMWs from E46fanatics.com. I didn't know Luis, but when I heard what happened on the forums, I found my way here.
    I was so impressed with Luis's car, I took this last video so I thought it would only be right that I sign up here and share this with you all. It's of Luis leaving the meet in Santana Row and heading out.

If you would like a copy of the file, click this link here:
    http://www.tobycheng.com/Luis/

Video in my photobucket:
    http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/djtk12345/032407_Santana%20Row%20meet/?action=view&current=LuissPorsche.flv

My old roommate was a car fanatic like us and died from overwork and exhaustion. He was asleep at the wheel. So I understand how you all feel and Luis, his family, and you all are in my prayers. Take care everyone.

http://www.angelfire.com/ca7/djtk1234/Chuck.html