GoodWood Festival of Speed 2023 | FerrariChat

GoodWood Festival of Speed 2023

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by PitDoggie, Jul 9, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PitDoggie

PitDoggie Karting

Jun 21, 2014
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Full Name:
    Paul Williams
    Advise, travel tips, anyone going?

I am going to FOS in 2023 and will get tickets as soon as they are available. Looking for the above. I am coming from the US and east coast (GA specifically).

Bucket list item and now can go.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Try reading all the recommendations from previous years as a starting point - search on Goodwood for example - enjoy

PitDoggie likes this.
  3. PitDoggie

PitDoggie Karting

Jun 21, 2014
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Full Name:
    Paul Williams
    Will Do !! thanks..

4. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    If it’s a choice do the Revival.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  5. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    If you want to stay locally then book your accommodation as soon as possible. Chichester is the nearest big town and very pleasant. If you want to go to the FoS on more than one day but are with a group not all of whom want to do that then Chichester may be of interest to them. Equally, the coast is close at hand too or central London is 1 hour 30 minutes by train.

I recommend arriving early on whichever days you choose to go (gates open at 7am). It is a big event with lots to see but if you're there early you will find getting around and seeing things a whole lot easier for the first hour or two.

Download a site map from the Goodwood website before you arrive so you know where the things you're most interested in seeing are located.

If you want a good view of the cars going up the hill you either need to find a spot by the side some time before the group of cars you are interested in set off or purchase grandstand seats (extra cost, of course) when you book.

Make sure you know how you're going to get there. I have only ever been by car and there isn't a train station directly nearby. If you do go by car the routes are well signposted and you do need to follow the signs not a satnav.

A lot of the drivers will be wandering around the paddock or sometimes other parts of the event so keep your wits about you in case one of your heroes is passing by.

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  6. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thread subscribed as this has always been a bucket list for me as well. Will continue to watch and learn!

7. Si27

Si27 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I always stayed on Hayling Island, its connected by road and close to Portsmouth, but the places to stay are more holiday focused and so didn't hike their prices whenever Goodwood events were on. If its a nice night you can always stroll down to the beach, which makes a complete contrast to the crowds and noise of the day at Goodwood. You do need a car where ever you stay !!
    If you'd rather stay with American brands there is a really big Marriot in Portsmouth and just off the main road along the coast that would take you to Goodwood.