Goodwood Revival 2022 | FerrariChat

Goodwood Revival 2022

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by jtremlett, Sep 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I hesitate to put this here. If you've been to the Goodwood Revival then you know it isn't the 1940s, '50s and '60s as they really were (not that I remember them first-hand). Rather is a rose-tinted view, where the sun (almost always) shines, of how people might wish they were with no bombing raids or rationing. But certainly not 1960s prices either! And don't mention chassis numbers or replicas.

If you haven't been you should go at least once. Rarely, amongst car events, even non-car enthusiasts will surely enjoy it.

Let's start near the end of today. Ferrari chose to celebrate their 75th year by unveiling a truck. Goodwood selected a different option. (We'll gloss over the Porsche pace car...)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    BJK, mcimino and 375+ like this.
  3. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
  4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Terrific photos, thank you for posting them. I have to say that Nuvolari has aged better than Merzario.

fiatosca, kerrari, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  5. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Lastly, I know this definitely doesn't belong in the vintage section but I hope this German-registered LaFerrari manages to see out to find his way home! And, as an aside, after two years of covid, wonderful to see so many visitors from overseas. I heard many speaking in Dutch, French etc. and saw cars from the Netherlands, France, Belgium, Austria...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

BJK and mcimino like this.
  6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Please more of that Ferrari grid on the track if you have!

Amazing

7. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Fantastic. Thank you! That yellow 250 LM is pure bliss. Is it the Monteverde (or ex?) car?

9. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Yes, the Monteverde car.

amenasce likes this.
  10. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    IF anyone wants to play a fun game Goodwood have kindly listed every entrant/ driver/ car at the 2022 revival in a PDF including all the Ferraris. Some highlights are

- 375GP, Bernard Charles Ecclestone, who I thought had sold most or all of his F1 collection but clearly not. Although the pre war stuff (M-B W125, Auto-Union and some post war incl. the Maserati 250F were sold almost a decade ago). The Ecclestone collection is a bit of a black hole.

- 250TR/290MM, Mike Malone, the Brazilian Ferrari restored by a British owner as a 250TR and described as #0726TR for decades until recent re-restoration as 290MM #0606 which is covered elsewhere in its own thread.

- Cegga-Ferrari, David Cooke, a toolroom copy of the 1960 Cegga-Ferrari, a long lost car originally based on #0742TR, built by Neil Twyman off of an original but unknown 250 chassis!

https://www.goodwood.com/globalassets/.road--racing/event-coverage/revival/2022/8-august/entry-list/public-entry-list-12.9.22-v2.pdf (see pages 27 & 28)

Jack-the-lad, mcimino and readplays like this.
  11. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Because I have a patient and enthusiastic wife we’ve been to seven, from 2002, Revivals and next year will be our fifth Members’ Meeting. It really is a great experience. I don’t worry too much about replicas, etc. The cars aren’t being judged and we’re there to have a good time with friends. And the racing is always first rate, We saw our last Revival in 2012 as it’s become a bit too crowded for our taste.

I completely agree about the car park. You could spend the whole day there for free and have almost as much fun as you could inside the gates.

12. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    It’s almost worth the trip just to watch Joe Colosacco pedal the 1512.

Nembo1777 and mcimino like this.
  13. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    JT- Thanks for all the great photos. Never knew about Goodwood during the 6 years I lived in the UK in the 80s and early 90s. A shame I missed it.

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  14. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    I believe the modern Goodwood Revival was first held in 1998, the FOS soon after that!

15. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Just FYI Ecclestone is not selling, he is buying.
    Last time I was there he owned over 100 cars of which 44 were Brabhams.

Marcel Massini

readplays, 375+ and Timmmmmmmmmmy like this.
  16. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    @JT: Thanks for the photos.

Marcel Massini

17. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    It was crowded (and that was Friday). Saturday and Sunday are/were sold out. But it is worth saying that for this event, more than any other, the spectators are part of the event. I haven't been to every Revival but each time I have been more and more of the spectators have been in period dress. To the point that they are now very much the vast majority. Also, although there are some parts of the site that get a bit jammed, the event covers a pretty big area and there was never anything I couldn't see because there were too many people. Easy too, to find good vantage points to view (and photograph) the track action without needing a grandstand ticket or staying it situ for hours to ensure a view.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

BJK, colombo2cam, Lusso123 and 6 others like this.
  18. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    No luck today, though…..:(