Google Ads only for Non Subscribers... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Google Ads only for Non Subscribers...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, May 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    I don't see any reason not to do this... especially if it eventually results in enough income for more bandwidth!

2. Niels J

Niels J Rookie

May 13, 2004
    Trelleborg, Sverige
    Full Name:
    Niels Jørgensen
    I subscribe to rennlist because I own a Porsche, I would subscribe here if I owned a ferrari, no doubt, but I don't.

It's a small fee, indeed, but if I was to pay that fee for each web site that has content that interrest me, I'd have to find a smaller house to live in.

Now, if these Google ads allow me to continue to access ferrarichat without having to explicitly pay for it, then fine by me. In fact, I'm glad so many of the sites I visit manage to find an income through Ads, as I'd otherwise have to pay a ton of money each month for the priviledge.

Content is NOT free. People need to learn to respect that.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    right on.

4. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    +1
    And let them eat cake, as Horsefly might say.
    :D
    BT

5. keavenyk

keavenyk Rookie

Mar 5, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Talk about the most non-disruptive ad placement we are talking about the new ads Rob put in. All it does it cause a little extra scrolling through posts which is hardly a price for the stuff on here.

No where near as annoying as those ads that cover a damn article you are trying to read and follow as you scroll down. Those things are like trying to shake Joker from Top Gun.

6. Jsuit

Jsuit Formula 3

Jul 12, 2005
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    John
    Sounds good to me Rob, go for it.

John

7. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    No Firefox 2.0 block here, (running Apple OSX) I have no problem with these Google ads in fact this is really nothing new to many well known automotive forums.

8. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    Was hoping this place wouldn't succumb to these types of ads that are on many forums now, but ok.

9. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    Great solution! Nice work. Thanks for hosting a great site! :)

10. pdiack

pdiack Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    Agreed, well put.

Additionally, I've actually clicked on some ads - I'm surprised how some are quite relevant to the topics of the messageboards.

:)